• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Champion was the easiest/hardest to beat?

I feel rather dumb...I completely forgot Cynthia was the champion in Gen IV. I played through Platinum a while ago and never picked it back up. I don't remember half the junk that's in Sinnoh 0.o

Iris was not as hard as Lance for me by a long shot. Dragons, yes, but part of the challenge of Lance was that in Johto it is very hard to level up while it is much easier to get your team to similar levels to hers in Unova.

I agree with lance he is hard to beat (and leveling up is hard in HG/SS for me), I'm still trying to beat him and as for cyntha, she was hard to beat and I did the same thing you did with platinum.

The easiest for me was Iris, since my Samurott knew Ice Beam.
The hardest was Cynthia, her Milotic and Garchomp were especially annoying in Pearl.

The easiest for me was Iris. I swept her with a grand total of 2 pokemon (I didn't even need to switch, but I wanted to spread the exp around a bit).

The hardest was definitely Cynthia and that rigged Garchomp of hers.

Cynthia. I had to use 2 revives to beat her. I don't remember the details well because my battle with her was a long time ago. (over two years, I think, but I'm not sure) But I remember that day, it was my first time to pass Victory Road. (I had an irrational fear of Victory Road when I was little so I never went in and therefore never completed the game, Pearl was the first game I ever completed) I brought a lot of revives with me. The Elite 4 were a breeze with my overleveled Empoleon (level 62 I think because I wanted Drill Peck, everyone else in my team was just level 50, 51, 52 or 53) except for the last guy, Lucian, I think. I almost lost against him, we were one on one, he only had Bronzong left, and I only had Machamp left. I thought I was going to die but Machamp came through with Cross Chop. Then I used revives and potions and stuff to completely heal my team before I battled Cynthia. Like I said before I don't remember much of my battle against Cynthia. All I remember is beating her Spiritomb, beating her Garchomp, which liked to use Sand Tomb a lot, then beating her last Pokémon, Roserade. Everyone fainted except for my Empoleon. I barely made it but Drill Peck did it and I beat her. And it only took...2 months to get there. lol Seriously, though, that was hard. As for the easiest, it was Alder (it was N and Ghetsis that made it hard to complete the game)

Easiest: Adler and Blue. Adler had bad coverage, using three Pokemon that were the Bug-type, and his moves weren't super powerful. My Emboar alone decimated him. It was almost pure child's play. Blue was also easy. Just had to know when to swap out for the right battle situation, but, again, that was easy enough to do.

Hardest: Wallace and Cynthia. Wallace in Emerald was a pain first time around. The only Pokemon I had that could effectively fight him was a Manectric, so in order to mitigate that, I traded over a Treeko from another version and raised it up to a Secptile. Barely got through that one, though.

However, Cynthia was, by far, the toughest Champion of them all. She had almost perfect, if not perfect balance, the ability to mitigate her weaknesses with almost ridiculous ease, perfect IVs, near perfect stats and moves, and her levels were almost astronomical at that time. Considering the level gap between the E4 and Gym #8, I spent a goodly amount of time training in Victory Road just to try to match those levels, let alone trump them. She was definitely the champion of champions, and still is. Her Platinum team was probably her best team for her gen, though her Gen V team is also a royal pain. I struggled against her, especially her Spiritomb, Milotic and, of course, Garchomp. When I first beat her, I was like, "Wow... I actually won. I didn't know if I could do it, but I actually beat her." So, Cynthia deserves the crown for strongest, and toughest, Champion in the Pokemon Universe.

I would probably say Blue, Cynthia, and Lance were the hardest for me. It's not that they were that difficult in the general story mode gameplay, but I had the most trouble with them out of all the Champions.

Blue was a challenge back in Red and Blue probably because they were the first Pokemon games I played and I was a lot younger, so I didn't know what to expect.

Cynthia I would say because of her varying types and somewhat tricky strategy.

Lance may have had a major ice and rock weakness, but his Pokemon just had that raw power, which threw me off guard in a way.

If I had to rate each one:

High:
Cynthia - Easily the toughest. Best and most balanced team, and her levels being so high makes the battle very difficult.

------

Medium:
Steven - He had a pretty good team, definitely stronger than Wallace.
Lance/Iris - I'm putting these two together because due to their type focus they basically have the exact same difficulty lol Lance was actually very hard for me back in the old G/S/C days... but now that I know what I'm actually doing he isn't that hard anymore. Iris was pretty good, but I didn't have much trouble with her, not even with Haxorus.

------

Easy:
Blue - Is only ever a pain when I'm under leveled, otherwise super effective hits take him out nicely.
Alder - Hes not so bad, but only his Volcarona is really a threat, which is the main reason that hes higher than Wallace.
Wallace - Definitely the easiest. Mono water just isn't challenging for a champion, not even his Milotic was that much of a threat, certainly not as much as Cynthia's was.

The easiest was either Blue or Iris, the hardest was definitely Shirona.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom