• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Character or Pokemon had the Best Dubbing/Voice?

Reaction score
Well he have a "most annoying" thread, so what about the opposite? Which character or Pokemon do you think had a good dubbing/voicing? and are there even some that you felt were better than the Japanese version?

HUMANS:

4Kids: Stan Hart (Professor Oak) - He's so much better than generic Kyle Hebert or annoying Carter Cathcart who doesn't even sound like any old man.
TPCi: Nicholas DiMichele (N) - Captures the character's personality much better than Tom Wayland did in the BW2 animated trailer.

I find both of them better than the seiyuu that voice the characters in the original.

POKEMON:

4Kids: Phillip Bartlett (Mewtwo)
TPCi: ??? (Vivillon) and Lisa Ortiz (Oshawott)

I find these all better than their seiyuu, too.

Last edited:
There can only one correct answer, and that's Veronica Taylor as Ash, I mean she literally felt like a real human child in that role.

Well that's human from 4Kids, now for TCPI, I'd say Dawn, Cilan, Iris, Clemont, Serena and N are al awesome VAs.

For Pokemon, gotta be Phillip Barlett as Mewtwo, I mean what a great role.

On the TCPI side, I'd say whoever does Froakie's voice along with Chespin are good.

4Kids: Human: Misty, Ash, Oak (Brock at a close 4th, his 4Kids voice is 4 times as good as his TPCI one)
Pokemon: Squirtle, Tauros, (moo) Pikachu
TPCI: Human: Oak, (in first, rather than 3rd) Bonnie, Clemont
Pokemon: Oshawott, Froakie, Ambipom

4Kids Prof. Oak is the best voice in the whole franchise IMO.

Pokemon: Venonat - I love this Pokemon's voice the best of all Pokemon. I don't know if its voice changed after 4kids, so I'll just specify that I mean its voice in the episode with Koga. It sounded so cute and computery and it even made Venonat my favorite Bug Pokemon because of it.

Meowth - His voice is tons better than that annoying scratchy "nya" thing he's got going on in Japanese. He's also got a hilarious attitude about him and can pull off being his goofy self, an accent for a disguise, and even being serious.

Human: I don't watch the Japanese version, but if I can say there's a character with a much better voice in English than in Japanese that I've seen recently, it has to be Serena. She sounds so...bad in the Japanese in my opinion. Well...not bad, per say, but bland and unoriginal. She literally just sounds like your average Japanese Anime girl with nothing to make her stand out to me. I wouldn't say she's got the best Dub voice of all human characters, and I don't really know who I could give that to considering its most likely the only voice I know for the character, but at least it gives her some personality and uniqueness.

TPCI Ash is probably the best, though. I really like his voice in English, as, like Serena, he has more character in English that he lacks in Japanese. TPCI's given him his own verbal tick that even James picked up on when he disguised himself as Ash in one of the more recent episodes, and it made me appreciate Ash's voice that much more. #SpecialTrainin'

4Kids: Ash, Misty, Brock, May (her old voice), Max (his old voice)
CN: Dawn, Cilan, Iris, Clemont, Brock, Serena, Bonnie

Back
Top Bottom