• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which characters do you think deserve Specials?

Itsuki

BURN ALL THE THINGS
Reaction score
Like the title says, which characters do you feel deserve special episodes of their own, somewhere along the lines of the specials that Misty, Dawn, Brock and Ritchie got? This is in the instance that they decide to make more specials, but we got two of them before BW started, so they may still. If you have ideas for those specials, share them here too!

Here, have a list. And you can probably just skip my first one because you already know what it is.

The Striaton Trio. It probably wouldn't be for a while, but I would love to see a special about how the three of them run their restaurant/gym. And since Cilan is a fairly important character, it's a fairly plausible idea. Moreso than my other ideas, really :/

The Sinnoh Frontier Brains. Perhaps something in the vein of Legend of Thunder, except maybe involving Barry and Lucas at the Battle Frontier. Not necessarily battling all the brains since that would take more than one or two episodes (unless it was like a little mini series). But enough to give the brains some spotlight. We know the Sinnoh frontier exists in the anime, and we saw Palmer. So why not?

Duplica, AJ, Suzy or Lara Laramie. Basically, any of the more developed or recurring CotD's who have something actually interesting that they do. And I admit I have a bias towards a Lara special because then we would get Dario and I'd be so okay with that.

The GSC/HGSS Elite Four and the Rocket Executives. Team Rocket is still considered a 'threat' in the anime, but we know they do work outside of where the twerps are, so they're of course still relevant. And of course, one of the biggest thorns in their side is Lance. We know that from the game. They could easily have some sort of episode where Lance teams up with his elites to take them down. They could even shed some light on Silver as well, since the anime shafted him.

The Hoenn Elite Four I'll be honest, I don't know how they'd do that one. But they showed Drake, so we at least know they acknowledge the existence of the Hoenn elites. IF they ever remade RSE, this might be kind of a cool thing to do to kind of tie in with its release. Big IF though. It would also give Steven more spotlight as well since the anime did almost nothing with him and gave Lance his role in the Magma/Aqua plot.

But that's enough from me. What about you guys? What do you think?

Paul and Reggie special where Paul battles Brandon and gets the Frontier Symbol.

An Urara special where we see her beat Hikari for the first time in a contest and wins a ribbon in the Hoenn region, as it turns out that she travelled there :D

Paul and Reggie special where Paul battles Brandon and gets the Frontier Symbol.
Want. It's the closure Paul's character really needs, can Paul's battle style defeat Brandon where Reggie failed or whether Ash left a lasting impact on Paul's battling (hinted by his thanking of Electivire). I can't see it being handled well though.

I hope Trip gets one, just to justify his character - perhaps he was bashed by a Primeape on a trip to Kanto or something - anything, to explain his personality and the anti-Kanto racism. If Cilan leaves at the end of BW (I hope he doesn't), a special showing his path to an S class connoisseur should be a given.

I'd like a series of Max episodes, I think there's still a lot more that could be done with his character now he's back in Hoenn. Even if the time issue will mean it can't be his beginning as a trainer, there's a lot of scope for some Pokemon-bonding specials. Even if they were just like episode length versions of the Live Caster sort of thing, have Max learn about a specific Pokemon that didn't get enough attention first time around and is too late to introduce again.

The Striaton Trio. It probably wouldn't be for a while, but I would love to see a special about how the three of them run their restaurant/gym. And since Cilan is a fairly important character, it's a fairly plausible idea. Moreso than my other ideas, really :/

YES! I would definitely love a special about them. Especially if the special revolves more around Chili and Cress. It would be fun to see how they run their gym, and how they deal with other challengers.

Other specials I would like to see:

-A special about Cabernet and her adventures trying to become an S-class Sommelier

-One about Gym Leader Janine. I'm still disappointed she never showed up in the anime. She's an interesting character, and I think she would have a good story to tell.

YES! I would definitely love a special about them. Especially if the special revolves more around Chili and Cress. It would be fun to see how they run their gym, and how they deal with other challengers.

THIS TIMES A MILLION. Obviously I have a bias, but I bet with Chili's personality and Cress's snootiness and ego, they bicker a lot. Cress just doesn't seem to have that....getting along with people vibe, and Chili strikes me as almost Barry-like with his attitude and demeanor. That would make for a hysterical special, I think. Cilan having to break up an argument they're having or having to deal with them bickering. And yeah we're gonna have that one episode that's coming up, but other than that we don't have much that we know about the other two.

If they made a special with the Rocket Execs/Elite Four, Janine could be in there to help her father, maybe. >:D

One with Paul and Reggie where he defeats Brandon

One for Brendan, Lucas and Hilbert. The 3 main characters who all got the shaft. Brendan and Lucas had cameos in movies, but I think all 3 need their own Legend of Thunder type saga, since Ethan (Gold)/Jimmy got one. Though Ethan might need one too if the writers decide to make him a separate character from Jimmy.

Silver needs some kinda mini saga where he's introduced and he just screws with Team Rocket. This could possibly have Lance appear and advise him or something.

Then Lance could use one where he's looking for members for a Elite 4 or something. We only ever saw Agatha and Lorelei, who were both mentioned as members at different points. We also saw Bruno too. At this point I think the Kanto elite's should be forgotten about and Lance just creates a new group.

Then we can have one on the Original Kanto Elites, and why they left the group or whatever.

Frickin' AJ.

C'mon, it's AJ.

...... What happened to him? Surely by now he's lost to someone. Shoot...

Like the title says, which characters do you feel deserve special episodes of their own, somewhere along the lines of the specials that Misty, Dawn, Brock and Ritchie got? This is in the instance that they decide to make more specials, but we got two of them before BW started, so they may still. If you have ideas for those specials, share them here too!

Here, have a list. And you can probably just skip my first one because you already know what it is.

The Sinnoh Frontier Brains. Perhaps something in the vein of Legend of Thunder, except maybe involving Barry and Lucas at the Battle Frontier. Not necessarily battling all the brains since that would take more than one or two episodes (unless it was like a little mini series). But enough to give the brains some spotlight. We know the Sinnoh frontier exists in the anime, and we saw Palmer. So why not?

Duplica, AJ, Suzy or Lara Laramie. Basically, any of the more developed or recurring CotD's who have something actually interesting that they do. And I admit I have a bias towards a Lara special because then we would get Dario and I'd be so okay with that.

The GSC/HGSS Elite Four and the Rocket Executives. Team Rocket is still considered a 'threat' in the anime, but we know they do work outside of where the twerps are, so they're of course still relevant. And of course, one of the biggest thorns in their side is Lance. We know that from the game. They could easily have some sort of episode where Lance teams up with his elites to take them down. They could even shed some light on Silver as well, since the anime shafted him.

The Hoenn Elite Four I'll be honest, I don't know how they'd do that one. But they showed Drake, so we at least know they acknowledge the existence of the Hoenn elites. IF they ever remade RSE, this might be kind of a cool thing to do to kind of tie in with its release. Big IF though. It would also give Steven more spotlight as well since the anime did almost nothing with him and gave Lance his role in the Magma/Aqua plot.

But that's enough from me. What about you guys? What do you think?

I don't personally like the elite 4 special ideas. Elite 4 appearances in the canon anime are a real treat yes but no more then small doses. (unless they make an arc involving Ash...) Elite 4 is imo more important for the videogames and they are just not talked about that much in the anime.

Who was Suzy again? Oh and a special with AJ would be great but it has been way way too long to bring back a CotD even he was an interesting one .

....the Elite four got brought up fairly often in Sinnoh. We saw all four of them plus the champion. :< So why not?

Also 'too long to bring back a CotD'? Explain Jessiebelle.

What no love for older characters like Misty,Brock,May etc being seen again?Oh well.
Personally i think this characters deserve to get specials:
Misty:because im interested in seeing what has been happening with her in past years being great character with enjoyable personality.She wasnt fleshed out enough as character having many thing unanswered about her past and story like her goal of becoming water master so she definitely deserves some focus imo.

It would be nice to see whats been happening at gym in meantime and how much she improved along with pokemon,and chronicles being made following her perhaps on a journey to learn more about water pokemon and battling along with entering Whirl Cup again and some other tournaments to advance her dream of becoming master of water types and get new pokemon could be interesting.

Having her skills as trainer being recognized by some pokemon agent inviting her to go with him to try becoming E4 could be great idea too,and with idea of becoming for example Lorelai apprentice preparing herself and dong some tasks could set up for interesting arc being made about it and give character more development.

Paul:because he was to this day probably best rival we ever had in show imo having unique style of training and great rivalry with Ash deserving more love.Im also curious to find out how will his rematch against Brandon play out.

May:because i miss her too and i would like to see coverage about her journey as coordinator in Johto being made and how she went at Johto Grand Festival.It would be nice to see where she headed next to,what new pokemon she got and how much she improved,

It would be also great to see her rivals again like Drew,Soledad or Harley and how are things being played out between them and May.

Brock:because his newly found career of becoming doctor seems interesting and full of prospect being welcomed to get some update and how are things going for him at this point.I could see Brock skills as trainer being put to test by one of examiners to determine if he is good at taking care of pokemon by evaluating how resistant and healthy his own pokemon are when put in action.Heck even nurse Joy battle from time to time with some even partaking in some competitions(anyone remember episode "Ultimate Test?").

I think that's because Brock and Misty already got some specials of their own. I wouldn't mind a May special though. especially if it meant we could see Harley again.

.........OH. how could I forget? I'm an idiot. Another from me.

Todd. I'd lovelovelove for there to be a special about Todd. Tracey got some, so why not? All these photographer characters and not a single mention of Todd? Give him his own special. He had his own game, after all.

The Pokémon Rangers? Not just Kellyn, Solana, and Ben, but their game counterparts Lunick, Kate, and Summer. :x there aren't many people who liked them in the anime though so that's mostly just "who do I want to see in a special."

I want to see what May's been up to in her Johto contests, along with Drew, Solidad, and of course, the magnificence that is Harley. I love Harley so freaking much. ♥

To Itsuki:I get what you mean,though just because Misty and Brock already got specials before doesnt mean they should be left out and forgotten.Former one havent been seen for almost 6 years so i would appreciate if existence was acknowledged getting something.If anything than because she didnt received enough development with character being left unfinished.That and i miss her persona and charm already enjoying in some of previous specials with her.

As for Brock well h only got 2 specials so far,deserving little more.Even Tracey got more so far when it comes to hosos.

Although i definitely agree about Harley.Easily one of more interesting characters out there being unique compared to others having quite peculiar and nancy character.Not to mention he has some unfinished business with May being welcomed to see him again.

As lots of people have said before me, a Paul and Reggie special would be INCREDIBLE.

Same for the Striaton Trio!

And...I'm probably alone on this, but I think Steven Stone should get something. I mean, he got pretty ripped off appearing in, what? One episode? And it wasn't a very exciting episode for a champion.

I'd like to see Barry again in a special. Maybe something could be brought up about Bianca's uncanny resemblance to him. :)

As much as I dislike Steven, I'll have to agree. The anime treated him pretty badly, and he at least deserves something.

Max deserves a special. I'd like to see one where he finally becomes a Trainer and we see his first battles and such.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom