• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which characters do you think deserve Specials?

^^FUCK. YES.

WE DON'T NEED A TRAVELING TRIO WITH A CHICK. CONWAY CAN TALK ABOUT DAWN ENOUGH FOR HIM TO COUNT AS A PSEUDO-CHICK.

Seriously, best trio ever. They deserve their own show. But they'll never get one; that's why I have to fucking write it.

Paul & Reggie special would also be very worthwhile.

AND! Paul vs Brandon. And somehow the father-son theory becomes canon. THAT'S WHAT MAKES THE SPECIAL EXCITING.

Misty had the better specials, so I think she deserves them. (She's actually cool when she does something other than holding an egg.)

I'd love a Conway special. All of my money to see a one-hour special of him stalking/trapping Dawn.

And maybe specials that dig into the backstory of the characters abd Pokemon. I'd love to see Stunfisk's adventures as an undercover cop, or Tepig's early life as a cannibal.

Marian, Lucas, Brendan and Jimmy from the Chronicles We haven't heard from them for a long time. I want to know how they are now and how they're doing.
The legend of Thunder was pretty epic so I want them to reappear again.

May, Drew, Soledad, and Harley in Johto I really want them to reappear. I miss them and want to see how they're doing and if May finally won a grand festival.

Misty and Tracey Self Explanatory.

I think Tyson gets over looked too much he really deserves a special. He's smart he's kind he has a pretty could team. Tough but not too tough the Metagross and Septile counteracts the Hariyama and the Meowths. He has a giant green jacket what more could you want. Ritchie Tyson Paul together three parter. Bam

More Like Island of the Giant Pokémon where Pokémon talk is translated(at least in Region 1, you selfish Japanese distributors!)
Ash's Sinnoh Pokémon at the lab!
Primeape Meets Gliscor, who learned Sky Attack!
Max, Max, Max!
Jigglypuff
Buck and Cassidy learn of JJM's Promotion!
ASH"S $#@&ing DAD!
Porygon line Vs. Multiple Earthquake, Magnitude, Fissure and Earth Power attack Users Vs. Team Plasma w/Guns!
Noctowl's Growth Spurt!
A team-up between A*Glider and Gligirl!
and Pike Queen Lucy's BDSM with Brandon!(Just Kidding)

THIS TIMES A MILLION. Obviously I have a bias, but I bet with Chili's personality and Cress's snootiness and ego, they bicker a lot. Cress just doesn't seem to have that....getting along with people vibe, and Chili strikes me as almost Barry-like with his attitude and demeanor. That would make for a hysterical special, I think. Cilan having to break up an argument they're having or having to deal with them bickering. And yeah we're gonna have that one episode that's coming up, but other than that we don't have much that we know about the other two.

This is basically my headcanon, except with Chili also being a weak-but-determined sort and Cress being a skilled-but-lazy sort, based on the known battles they've had in the show (Chili has lost all the battles we've known about and Cress has won once against freaking Pikachu and done nothing else). They seem like perfect opposites with Cilan being the balance and an episode or special about them trying to get along without him would be spectacular.

The only one I would really care about would be Paul. Barry would be fun too though.

I love to see if Paul managed to defeat Brandon, seeing some reference after he won about Ash would be awesome.

May, Misty and Dawn, duh :rolleyes:

EDIT: Because I'm paranoid that someone might take me seriously >_>
Paul. Really, just him. I know that his story had a decent ending, but it left me wanting more...I'd love to see if he ever accomplished his goal.

No, I'm lying. I just want to see him again for selfish, shallow reasons :(

Also, whatever happened to May's adventures in Johto? I'd love to see what Drew and Harley were up to~

Last edited:
I really really REALLY want a Misty recap special to see how she's doing. I also wish i could have seen when May had her eevee evolve, that would have been a nice special. @Dustox : That being said we'd have to have one of her little brother Max. I wanna see his first pokemon and abit of his first journey. I also want a Gary Oak recap special and a Tracy special.

@Muk-a-matic: Does Ash have a dad? I mean, does Mr. Kechum exist somewhere?

Last edited:
I'd like a special for Brendan, Wally, and Steven...We never get to see male game characters in the series because Ash is always taking their spot...It would've been interesting to see Ash or May have the timid, frail Wally as a rival, growing stronger on his Pokemon Journey...And you know, it may not be a bad idea to include May and Max in the fun as well...Give a shoutout to Drew and Harley as well...

Steven...He was supposed to be the Champion, and he was supposed to be the one involved with the Team Aqua/Magma Plot...he deserves redemption! Perhaps he could be in pursuit of Brody, the Ribbon Cup Caper who managed to escaped the last time we saw him.

STEVEN. What in the world the writers have done with the champion?

Also, the main characters of the games. Ethan, Silver, Brendan, Lucas, Hilbert, Hilda, Cheren, and N.

It would be fun to see a Red version of pokemon, too XDD

Max deserves a special. I'd like to see one where he finally becomes a Trainer and we see his first battles and such.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that mean making Ash older? I'm not sure if Dia-they'll ever allow that.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that mean making Ash older? I'm not sure if Dia-they'll ever allow that.
Not necessarily. I can think of at least three scenarios in which Ash's age does not need to be touched upon and they can still have Max run around being relevant:

1. Flash-forward. May or may not involve MD2-esque time travel shenanigans.

2. Apply some sort of age exception rule. Iris should not be the only small child running around with Pokemon, no matter how backward her village is.

3. The writers say "fuck it", and loophole the 'Ash shall not age' clause by not applying it to anybody else. Comic book time does not always = no aging. It can also mean selective aging.

TV Tropes said:
Another factor of Comic Book Time is that it does not pass at the same rate for everyone; secondary characters may catch Soap Opera Rapid Aging Syndrome and age from children to teenagers and then young adults while their adult counterparts remain roughly the same age. Or minor characters can drop out of the narrative, only to return years later, aged, while their counterpart heroes remain youthful.

Of course, a Max special need not entail screwing with the timeline. Hell, I can think of various scenarios off the top of my head:

1. Plasma encounter: plot-relevant, shit hits the fan, etc.

2. Elaborate on the psychic affinity he had during AG. Yeah writers, I was paying attention. >:|

3. Dawn comes to Hoenn; gets trolled by the pro (Iris, take notes).

Harley. I want to see more of the so-called "traumatic" moments of his childhood that lead to him becoming the sociopath he is today.

Also, another Team Rocket backstory special a la Training Daze.

May could have potentially got her own mini series in Johto...

But as for just specials, Paul, Conway, Eusine, or any Pokemon Ranger would be my choice. Though just about any major trainer we've met before could work (by major, I mean anyone who has had more than one episode).

I would have liked to find out if May got off her recent loses. IIRC, she entered the Wallace Cup to get back on track, but she lost there as well. Too bad we'll never find out how she did in Johto. :/

Like a few others, I would love to see a series of specials that focus on May's contest journey in Johto. I was disappointed that this wasn't done at the same time as DP because May actually appeared in that saga with some significant changes to her team and apparent character development. The Wallace Cup arc actually left me hungrier than ever about the prospect of specials focusing on May because it would be interesting to see her interactions with Drew, Harley and Solidad (who were all shown in Ecruteak iirc) as well as how her Bulbasaur and Squirtle evolved to their Venusaur and Wartortle forms respectively seeing as Ash's own Bulbasaur and Squirtle never look likely to evolve. I was also quite invested in her Bulbasaur's character because she had a likeable personality and had some nice interactions with Ash's Bulbasaur, therefore it would be nice to see what caused her to evolve twice in Johto. Same goes for her Squirtle becoming a Wartortle.

I guess that I also wouldn't mind seeing Max beginning his Pokemon journey in a special, but this would obviously be more unlikely as the anime Pokemon world is a 'Neverland' where very rarely does a human character age. A special centred around Max certainly has a lot of scope to be interesting though. I'm sure that we would see him get some mentoring from his dad before setting out and his choice for his true starter Pokemon out of those issued by Professor Birch would be an intriguing one. That is before you even go into his probable quest to find and catch the Ralts that he befriended in AG.

Besides May and Max, I would be very happy to see a number of former main characters get a special. Misty's previous specials were very entertaining and I always like to see capers ensue at the Oak Corral where Prof. Oak and Tracey enlist the help of Ash's reserve Pokemon to qwell the problem.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom