• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Which did you go with?

Which pony did you pick?

• Glastrier

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Spectrier

Votes: 21 61.8%

• Total voters

Phosphene

Formerly SpinyShell
Reaction score
270px-Glastrier.png
270px-Spectrier.png

Thought I'd celebrate the lift of the spoiler embargo with a question I wanted to ask waaaay back when the Crown Tundra was first released.​

Both for completionism but I prefer Spectrier. Its Dex entries are super cool.

I went with Spectrier, though it was...awkward.

I figured the two would be Grass/Ice and Grass/Ghost. I didn't want a 4x fire weakness so I picked Spectrier.
Turned out it was Psychic that stays, not grass.

When I looked up their stats I was pretty happy in the end, though. No idea why we keep getting slow, tanky Ice types.

Technically both for completion sake. However, my first pick will always be Glastrier for the following reasons.

1) It's an Ice-type, which is my favorite type (though I'm not fond of the whole slow, defensive Ice-type archetype GF has been producing lately, which is counterproductive to the Ice-type's more glass cannon nature).
2) Ghost-types are my most disliked type.
3) Glastrier looks more rugged yet majestic which fits better with the Crown Tundra's theme (it is called the Crown Tundra, after all, which means snow/ice, and its mane looks like a crown of icicles).
4) I don't like Spectrier's design, as it feels rather underwhelming and a bit too stereotypical for a Ghost Mon.

There are probably other reasons, but I'm too tired to remember them (melatonin supplements will do that to you). But those are my reasons for my pick.

Initially I was going to go for Glastrier because it has sightly better chemistry with Calyrex and Spectrier was too mainstream, but then I remembered how boring its design was so I went with Spectrier which is somewhat cooler even if still flawed.

I went with Glastrier. I waited until after I chose before looking up the options online, because I knew I'd just get the other on Sword (Shield is my main game) and because I like to be surprised. I mainly chose it because Ice-type fit into my team better than Ghost-type in terms of what moves would be more advantageous to have.

I chose Glastrier. Why? Beacuse it is a fuc.... tundra (ice) Pokémon. I think that I should play according to the thematic and the ambience provided by DLC.
Although Spectrier is supposedly more powerful, for me it doesn’t make sense to choose him, then I pick up the "cooler" one. Lol

Last edited:
I chose Glastrier. I feel that its design and Ice typing fit the theme of the Crown Tundra better. Glastrier has the appearance of a tough, wild animal that has adapted to live in the harsh environments of the Crown Tundra (it's known as the Wild Horse Pokemon in the Pokedex).

There's a more personal reason as well. There's a chalk hill figure in England called the Uffington White Horse which is significant to me, so I couldn't miss the opportunity to have a literal white horse (that's a Legendary, no less) join my team.

I also think that Glacial Lance has a cooler animation than Astral Barrage, but that's something I discovered after I'd made my choice.

Both Glastrier and Spectrier are great, though. As if Sword and Shield couldn't get any more relevant to my own life experiences, they went and added a new storyline with a horse riding theme (I went to a riding school in my teens and so spent a lot of time with horses). I love these games!

Last edited:
As a person who hasn't played SWSH or PE either (no switch and no real intention to get one), I waited until I saw the designs. I would have played Sword first of the two and I like Ghost types better than Ice though I would have eventually gotten both.
Spectrier is Ghost (my second favorite type) and just looks cooler.

I picked ghost horsey because they look like nightmare moon/princess luna MLP, i can't pass up an edgy pony to be my weird psychic friends steed. i'd enjoy an frosty horsey though. so I'll find one.

I went with Scroll of Water, Regiliki, and Spectrider. Latter was partly due to finding the Shaderoot fields first)

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom