• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which do you think has been more popular-Let's Go Pikachu or Eevee?

Which game has been more popular?

• Let's Go Pikachu!

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Let's Go Eevee!

Votes: 15 68.2%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I was wondering if you'd all could help out. I've been curious lately as to which of the two games has been more popular? Let's Go Pikachu or Eevee? Is there a certain overall sales site I can view? Has one been doing better with western audiences than in Japan?

Given all the Let's Plays, Nuzlockes, and overall videos on YouTube, I feel like Let's Go Eevee is bought more between the two games.

For those who own both games, which version do you like better? Which do you find easier? For those who only own one version, are you regretting your choice and wish you'd picked up the other? Or are there elements in your version that you enjoy more than the opposite one?

It’s factually Pikachu

Uk:
Pikachu was apparently the more popular version by quite a bit.
Japan
According to Media Create, the Pikachu version sold through 62.96% of its initial shipment. Eevee was slightly lower at 51.80%.

Pikachu is a lot more known than Eevee so this isn’t surprising.

Most people I talk to seemed to prefer Eevee. But I love rodents so I had to go with Pikachu!

Eevee is more popular within the "hardcore" Pokemon fandom (but not by a landslide). This is due to the wild popularity of the eeveelutions, its cuteness and also Pikachu's overexposure, which is why some don't like it.
However, Pikachu is more known and is essentially the face of Pokemon so newcomers and Go fans are inclined towards it.
And it's clear that Newcomers & Go fans > Hardcore Pokemon fans, causing the results @Icy Wind mentioned.

It's weird because when the games were first announced, everyone I saw talking about it said they were going for Eevee. LGE was dominating every poll I saw asking about player's choice for the games. But since release,the majority of let's plays I see on Youtube are for Lets' Go Pikachu. I have to go out of my way to find people playing Eevee's game.

I got both of course. :D

Eevee is more popular within the "hardcore" Pokemon fandom (but not by a landslide). This is due to the wild popularity of the eeveelutions, its cuteness and also Pikachu's overexposure, which is why some don't like it.
However, Pikachu is more known and is essentially the face of Pokemon so newcomers and Go fans are inclined towards it.
And it's clear that Newcomers & Go fans > Hardcore Pokemon fans, causing the results @Icy Wind mentioned.

Not all Go fans are inclined towards Pikachu. "Hardcore" Pokemon fans who play Pokemon Go early on when it was released seemed to prefer Eevee over Pikachu because of his over-abundant spawn rates (before end of 2017 anyway) and higher performance for Eeveelutions during transistion. Even Flareon is much better in GO than in core games where he faltered.

I thought that Let's Go Eevee is the most popular game out of the two. Most people online I've seen talk about playing that version and how more focus seems to be on the Eevee starter too. I'm not too surprised that Let's Go Pikachu sold more though. Pikachu is still the mascot of the franchise and is more well known/popular compared to Eevee, even though Eevee is quite popular in its own right even before the games were announced.

I got both versions. I'm not sure if I like one version more than the other. Let's Go Pikachu seems easier, but that's because I accidentally overleveled my Pokemon quite a bit before getting to Silph Co. Eevee does have a lot of variety with its special moves, so that would give it an edge over Pikachu's movepool.

I think let's go pikachu is more popular since pikachu is a mascot for pokemon.

LGE has more clothing options, and Eevee can learn more moves to counter more types thanks to its many evolutions; whereas all Pikachu gets is Flying and Water because Fly/Surf 'Chu used to be a thing that nobody cares about anymore, especially since it doesn't have access to Light Ball or any of its three Z-Moves

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom