• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Dub version of TRio do you prefer?

4Kids!TRio or TCPi!TRio

• Total voters

Yoshi-san

All of the bara
Reaction score
4Kids!TRio or TPCi!TRio?

Everyone knows that TRio are dubbed differently between companies and I was wondering which one do you prefer?

When I say "Dubbed" I mean how they are translated/their dialogue. It has nothing to do with VAs.

Last edited:
Thank you for adding the "Neither" option.

If I HAD to choose, I guess I would pick 4Kids!TR. They were good when I didn't know any better.

I'm going to go with 4Kids, merely because TPCI gives them that constant rhyming dialogue.

Dub Best Wishes Rockets will be interesting to see though. They could change my opinion if done right.

I'm going with 4Kids They were much funniier back then.
Posted via Mobile Device

4kids. Even in Hoenn, TR still had some very funny dub-only lines.

However I will say TR was still decent in Battle Frontier. Is it just me, or was BF TR translated very similar to 4kids TR? I didn't notice TR speaking in rhymes constantly in BF.

It was only when DP started that their dialogue went to hell, but Battle Frontier TR didn't seem that different than 4kids.

Definietly neither.

But if I had to choose, it would easily be the TPCI Rockets. Just did not like what 4Kids did to them.

Rachel Lillis is awesome, so I vote for the 4Kids version.

Also Maddie Blaustein. RIP.

The 4Kids ones. OK, so they weren't exactly 100% faithful to their portrayl in the original version of the show, but hey, I won't lie, they were entertaining and had some fun dialogue imo.

The TPCi Rockets on the other hand, are utter tripe. They have some of the absolute worst banter I've ever had the misfortune of hearing in a cartoon.

While the Japanese TRio are without a doubt the best, I prefer TPCi's TRio over 4Kid's.

I'm with Musashi, since I didn't really like how 4Kids handled them back then either. On the other hand, I actually find TPCi's TRio amusing for the most part. Either I find horrible rhyming funny, or I'm just easily entertained...

And how am I the only one who voted for TPCi? I feel alone...

4kids because the rockets were more amusing and I am not a fan of the rhyming with TPCi.

Both dubs have good and bad points:

The 4Kids TRio had a bunch of innuendo and other adult bonuses.
The TPCi TRio can be funny occasionally. I'm a sucker for puns and rhymes.

So I'd choose both.

EDIT: This is the poll I voted in on this website. I feel so special now.

Last edited:
4kids Entertainment. PUSA's just annoys me so much with their even-worse puns and their constant rhyming and internal rhyming.

Neither. Japanese FTW! But if I had to pick it would be 4Kids. They don't have that annoying rhyming/assonance/alliteration thing that makes want to rip my hair out!

As far as I remember, TPCI's Team Rocket is a continuation of where 4Kids left off, which wasn't as bad in the beginning.

I can't vote yet. If TPCI makes the trio more serious in Best Wishes like they're supposed to be, then theirs is. If they still have the same goofy dialogue, then 4Kids's is better.

I'll wait till Best Wishes premieres if TPCi changes them for the better they win the day.

4kids. I. DESPISE. TPCI's. F**KING. RHYMING.

In fact, why in the name of god do they rhyme in DP. What made the dub writers think that making them sound like Dr. Suess characters on crack would make them even remotely funny? They are annoying.

For their sakes and ours, they better keep the TRio's new serious persona and add a few American-like lines that don't detract (much) from the Japanese writers' direction.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom