• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which era of the anime do you prefer?

Which era is better?

• Classic Era (Gens 1-4)

Votes: 53 96.4%
  • Modern Era (Gens 5-present)

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
For nostalgia's sake DP, if we are not talking that than now with JN and Horizons. I just like how the anime is becoming so different from everything we know, even the games. The storylines are more ambitious, the characters are more diverse, animation continues to improve especially with HZ and it just feels good to still be here with the show. No show gives me much to talk about but this and I stand by that.

Definitely classic era for me. I just miss when the Ash anime felt like a more consistent, albeit imperfect, narrative.
I find it ironic and humorous the Ash anime was more likable to me when he was a likable loser (he did win the Orange Islands in OS and Battle Frontier in AG, though, he won the Leagues in JN & SM but he seemed a lot less likable over time in my eyes).

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom