• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which famous trainers do you want to see return?

Dizzard

Reaction score
It seems like the floodgates could be open for the return of a bunch of familiar faces you can battle. Who would you like to see join Cynthia, Wally, Blue and Red?

Personally I'm most hoping to see Colress, N and Silver.

Do you think any gym leaders, elite four or "miscellaneous" (but still famous) characters will return or will it just be champions, former protagonists and rivals?

Steven, Blue, Red, Cynthia, Lance, Iris, Johto Gym Leaders, Hoenn Gym Leaders, Unova Gym Leaders.

Champions, former rivals, Red, and Blue, mostly. In general they are more important and developed than the cardboard cut-outs that are most Gym Leaders.

Edit: Then again, it's not like participation in the Battle Tree requires characters with a lot of substance. It's just, you know, to me, 50+ Gym Leaders, plus however many Elite Four, and six Champions, plus potentially old rivals as well, that seems like a lot of work to create all of those models.

I'm sure we'll see some others outside of the Battle Tree, though. Shauna seems possible, and I really wouldn't be surprised to see Zinnia, or Looker.

Last edited:
N, All Past Champions, and Colress in that order for me. It would be cool if they canonized some of the past female MCs like they did Red though (since we apparently can't get Leaf as a girl). My vote would be for Dawn, May, and Serena (I just realized she and a Pokemon basically have the same name), since they have so much focus in the anime. Plus besides Serena they are my favorite designed ones other than Lyra, who probs wouldn't be canon cause Gold and 2nd gen are so iconic.

All previous champions of course, so Lance, Steven, Wallace, Alder, Iris and Diantha. I'd like to see the protagonists too, but with mixed genders for diversity (Ethan, May, Dawn, Hilbert, Rosa, and Calem for example). If Wally and Blue are in, then perhaps the other rivals, so Silver, May/Brendan, Barry, Cheren/Bianca, Hugh, and maybe Shauna since she mentioned going to another region.

This goes without saying, but all Gym Leaders too. It'll be like the PWT, but much bigger.

Last edited:
Please give me all the gym leaders from the previous regions, I would love to be able to fight alongside my fav gym leaders, like Morty and Roark :cry: And Juan is a must, after him not being present in ORAS in any way.

Furthermore, I'd love to see all the rivals return (except for the XY ones:p). And previous Evil Team Bosses would be great too!

So actually... all famous trainers. Just give me all of them.

I'm gonna be the idiot that says Ethan, Lyra, (and Kris?), Brendan, May, Lucas, Dawn, Hilda, Hilbert, Nate, Rosa, Serena, and Calem.

But more realistically, I really wanna see the return of Lance, Clair, Norman, Juan, Agatha, Lorelei, Koga, Silver, Barry, Bianca, and Steven. Nobody else matters to me nearly as much.

It seems like the floodgates could be open for the return of a bunch of familiar faces you can battle. Who would you like to see join Cynthia, Wally, Blue and Red?

Personally I'm most hoping to see Colress, N and Silver.

Do you think any gym leaders, elite four or "miscellaneous" (but still famous) characters will return or will it just be champions, former protagonists and rivals?

Forgot to mention I want to see Steven as well. Although that seems pretty likely....champions will probably be among the first to get in.

I guess I'll give a full list from 1st gen to 6th gen:

Leaf (unless they're only giving us one protagonist from each gen)
Lance
Brock
Misty

Silver
Ethan
Kris (I think it would be a really cool retro nod)

Steve
Wallace (I wouldn't really miss him but I guess he IS a champion)
Brendan/May (probably May since she's more popular)
Maybe a Battle Frontier character?

Barry
Lucas/Dawn
Maybe a Battle Frontier character? (Like Barrys dad or something)

N
Colress (I wanna hear that battle theme again! :3)
Hilbert/Hilda
Alder/Iris (maybe both)
Cheren/Bianca (maybe both)

Diantha (well she is the champion even though she's probably my least favourite one)
Calem/Serena
Shauna
Maaaybe Trevor/Tierno but I wouldn't really miss them either.
Zinnia (people seem to dislike her but I don't really get that)

Obviously if we got every single gym leader, elite four, champion, protagonist, rival and other "big" misc trainers it would be unbelievably amazing but that doesn't seem very likely so I'm trying to reign myself in a bit here. I hope each gen gets a good selection of familiar faces though.

Though there are some other "not really trainer" characters like Looker and Eusine that would be cool to see as well. Also evil team leaders could be neat although I'm not sure how they'd fit into the game since they could hardly show up in any official battle tournaments. (N and Colress get a pass for being a bit more neutral and for presumably turning over a new leaf)

Maybe there could be an underground battling ring where the worlds evil teams show up to battle each other for money.

Last edited:
Silver, Steven, Archie, Maxie, Barry, Iris, N, Bianca, Cheren, and Colress.

Of those, I'm only somewhat confident in N, Steven, and Iris appearing, but I'd love to see all of these guys make their grand reappearances in these games.

Brock
Misty

Lance
Ethan / Lyra
Jasmine
Clair
Faulkner

Wallace
Steven
Brendan / May
Zinnia
( I doubt we would see that many characters from Hoenn since ORAS was the last games)

Lucas / Dawn
Volkner
Flint
Crasher Wake
Fantina
Barry

Hilbert / Hilda
N
Colress
Shauntal
Elesa
Cheren / Bianca
Marlon (since he seems to have a strange accent in B2W2, what if he is from the Alola region?)

Calem / Serena
Diantha
Malva
Valerie

I know that probably not this many characters would return, but these are just ones I would be really happy to see from each gen ^^

I don't even want to battle him, I just want Barry to crash into the playable character when trying to enter some random building. As annoying and how little I can stand Barry, I kind of miss those days.

Misty, she's the only gym leader I've ever cared for.
Emma and Shauna, they deserve new clothes and a better character closure.

Silver, Lyra, May, Barry, Hilda, Bianca, Team Aqua and Magma Leaders + Admins, all Gym Leaders, all Elite Four members + their Champions, and Dahlia. Even though they're not trainers per se, I'd also love to see all the Professors + Fennel.

I think Phoebe has a really Hawaiian theme to her, so maybe she will return.
Other than that, I want Steven Stone to return as well as Zinnia.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom