• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which female protagonist interacted better with the past female protagonist?

Who had better interactions?

• Total voters

Cybersai

Reaction score
Since this has only actually happened twice, there is only two options on the poll.

Misty and May met in AG, in three separate occasions, (Togepi 2-parter, Pallet eps after Hoenn, Mastermind special). May and Dawn met in DP during the Wallace Cup episodes. Which was altogether 4 eps. Which two female protagonists had better character interaction or chemistry together?

I would have liked to include a Dawn/Misty option on the poll, but of course they never met in the anime, and I can't exactly include Dawn's reaction to the Misty lure, since that wasn't Misty herself. At this point I doubt Dawn and Misty will ever meet, so I guess we'll never know. Misty never appeared in DP, and now with Dawn off the show, that boat has sailed.

And again I can't include Iris options yet, because so far no main girls have returned to meet her.

So between Misty/May and May/Dawn, based on the episodes, which two characters had better interactions and chemistry together?

If you expanded the topic out very slightly, Misty/Max had a lot of good moments of comparing their youngest sibling-ness and some real genuine advice. In comparison, the Dawn/May and May/Misty interactions were extremely limited, though Dawn and May's were more disappointing by not developing much of a rivalry in their contests, so I think Misty/May takes it by default because it didn't have the level of failed potential that two coordinators should have had in an episode.

Perhaps if Ash hadn't competed in the Wallace Cup then there would have been more room to develop a May/Dawn story out a bit further and make it more memorable. Likewise, it would have been better if May made it to Cerulean City and been able to see/participate in one of the Gym's performances, it would have been good development for May and given a better reason to introduce Misty again.

I think the problem with the Misty and May interaction is they hardly spoke to one another. Sure, there was a lot going on in the Mirage kingdom eps, but even at those Pallet eps....they barely said more than a few lines together.

That episode was mostly about Ash showing off his older pokemon to May and Max and talking about the Battle Frontier, Misty for some reason hangs out with Tracey in the background the entire episode. And then of course the following ep is a Misty/Max adventure.

I think that May and Dawn had much better interaction. Like how Gliscor'd said, May and Misty barely talked at all. May gave Dawn advice and they even battled together.

What's the point of making a thread? Haruka and Kasumi had little to no interaction.

Definitely May and Dawn. I got the impression May was impressed by Misty and her attitude but didn't really like her particularly. May and Dawn had a lot more in common with contests, so it was pretty obvious they'd have a brief friendship.

Y'know, I'm pretty split on this one. I think, overall, Hikari/Haruka friendship was developed a lot better and was consistently entertaining - starting from Hikari's slight hero-worship of Haruka to their bonding over special ribbons to their individual personalities shining in all of their interactions... They had great development in just a few episodes.

But then there's the Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon special that I can't get out of my head that makes me love how Haruka/Kasumi interact as well, because that special firmly converted me into an imageshipper over a sapphirepearlshipper. They had great moments in that special, but this isn't a shipping thread so I'm not going to go into them in detail. :p

. I got the impression May was impressed by Misty and her attitude but didn't really like her particularly.

I wouldn't say that, May didn't really know Misty at all, or vice versa really. Beyond what Ash/Brock might have said about Misty to May (since May already knew who Misty was before she appeared in those Mirage kingdom eps), they never really spoke.

I honestly think their only dialogue together after that initial meeting, was just general gestures and stuff. The only thing I can remember is when Jessie was interviewing the group, Misty and May make a comment about not being able to go on TV looking like they were.

Uh-oh, was that a girly moment? I think so. Shame, we didn't get more.

I voted May/Dawn because I felt a genuine care between the two, Hikari and Haruka opened up to each other about their contest woes, tried to cheer each other up, rooted for each other and in the end felt like they had bonded and become friends... but neither was really a massive influence and a really close friend to the other. It wasn't I would say a great relationship, just ok.

May/Misty barely interacted on the show, didn't really seem to connect or to be bothered by one another so... yeah...

Personally i found May and Misty interactions to seem better and more genuine.They established very good friendship which was based on mutual respect and support.I remember how much May was impressed about Misty and her tough attitude(character) when she visited group in Hoenn with Misty leaving some impact with her presence on her brother Max having some great bonding and interacting in Pallet reunion episodes which helped in relationship with his sister.I also remember Misty having respect for May achievements as coordinator deciding to watch all her contest performances and root for her.

It can be notably noticed how close May and Misty were as friends in "Mastermind special"when May saved her life sticking together when battling dr.Doom strengthening their friendship even more.

May and Dawn had some great chemistry as well with May helping her to get over self confidence issues during Wallace Cup,but i feel they didnt manage to connect and influence each other on closer level as i expected to be especially when having things in common as coordinators.So because of wasted potential,while Misty/May chemistry was quite limited as well i have to go with them.

I liked May and Dawn's interaction, not because of the contest thing but because they bonded well to the last episode. With Misty and May, it was often times that I didn't notice that May wasn't there when she was and that she out shined her in the episodes including that movie they made. I believe it was a Mewtwo one or something. However, I thought Misty interacted more better with Ash and Brock more than May and Max put together. But that's just the way somethings are. No complaints.

Last edited:
May and Dawn seem like a definite to me. I don't recall Misty and May exactly talking much at all...(well, they did a little i believe. but they didnt seem exactly like a 'friendship' was forming, i guess...mostly may showing concern about togepi?)

May probably felt honered to meet Ash's old friend i'm sure though XD But there was a lot more chumming up with Dawn lol

I wonder why the writers never bothered to have any real notable Misty/May scenes in the anime. They didn't battle, they didn't even "talk" much, they had no one-off scenes seperate from everyone.

The writers even opted to have Misty and Max go on an adventure instead, which is amusing because those two characters would never interact in the show ever again.

Did Misty and May have any lines with each other beyond introductions? Misty interacted much more with Max anyway.

May and Dawn had much better ineraction.

Did Misty and May have any lines with each other beyond introductions? Misty interacted much more with Max anyway.

LOL, I am not sure. I remember at the end of that Togetic 2-parter, Misty wished May luck with her Contests...but I think that was it.

Someone should rewatch the AG Misty eps and see how many times Misty and May actually speak together. I think its no more than 4 lines or so. LOL

Back
Top Bottom