• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Which Fighter and Support Pokémon do you think are going to be included in Pokkén Tournament 2?

thomaswiencek

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
What's up, guys? Once Nintendo, Bandai Namco Studios and The Pokémon Company have had their plans to announce Pokkén Tournament 2 for the Nintendo Switch, I'm just wanting to know which kind of Pokémon you think are going to return to, join the battle or be cut as playable fighters, do think that it's Inteleon, Dracovish, or what? Why? And which of these Support Pokémon you think are going to be introduced, return or be cut in the game? Why? Please let me know when you've replied, thanks.

What's up, guys? Once Nintendo, Bandai Namco Studios and The Pokémon Company have had their plans to announce Pokkén Tournament 2 for the Nintendo Switch, I'm just wanting to know which kind of Pokémon you think are going to return to, join the battle or be cut as playable fighters, do think that it's Inteleon, Dracovish, or what? Why? And which of these Support Pokémon you think are going to be introduced, return or be cut in the game? Why? Please let me know when you've replied, thanks.
Dude, Pokken 2 has not been announced.

EDIT: I misunderstood your post. My mistake.

Last edited:
Have they said anything if the game is online-only? Because otherwise I won't be able to play it at all My Internet connection is crap and there are no good internet providers around here. Playing Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links is a nightmare thanks to that.

Possible candidates:
  • Dragapult has a 90% chance of appearing because of its popularity and unique battle style.
  • Maybe they'll be generous and add all 3 Galar starters for the same reason, but if only one gets in it'll likely be Cinderace.
  • Corviknight would be cool as there aren't many birds in the game.
  • Toxtricity is very popular as well.
  • Melmetal.
  • Sirfetch'd.
  • Perrserker, if they need a dirty attacker.
  • Grimmsnarl, we need to see more of its hair attacks.
  • Grapploct.
  • Fallinks, even though it would be hard to code.
For Support Pokemon, I'm thinking (I'm not well-versed on Pokken mechanics but its what I'd do if I did a Pokemon fighting game):
  • Zacian/Zamazenta, they just make a good pair.
  • Flapple/Appletun, they just make a good pair.
  • Barraswkeda-a small directed hit
  • Nickit or Skwovet or Greedent-steals an item
  • Pincurchin-throws paralyzing needles.
  • Stonjouner-boosts defenses.
  • Orbeetle-confuses.
  • Sandaconda-creates sand that blinds the opponent.
  • Dracovish-uses Fishious Rend (if you insist).

Dynamax could be introduced, which would make attacks hit harder but would make Pokemon slower, it would be optional to either player.

Last edited:
Wait, what about newly introduced and returning Fighter and Support Pokémon from all previous generations for that game, whether Gyarados, Arbok, or whatever you think? And what about some of those cut in that game, too?

Last edited:
If they wanted old Pokemon they would have added them in DX, but okay, here we go.

Fighters:
  • Venusaur and Swampert to complete their starter groups.
  • Marowak or Alolan Marowak.
  • Kangaskhan.
  • Kantonian Mr. Mime, its popularity is apparently on the rise.
  • Typhlosion.
  • Sudowoodo, Rock needs representation.
  • Heracross.
  • Metagross, why isn't it already on the game?
  • Drapion.
  • Electivire.
  • Serperior, strange body shape but could work.
  • Excadrill.
  • Haxorus
  • Mienshao
  • Golurk
  • Bisharp, why isn't it already on the game? Ah, yes, Weavile.
  • Keldeo, because of its fighting spirit.
  • Malamar
  • Hawlucha, why isn't it already on the game? Ah, yes, Pikachu Libre.
  • Crabominable.
  • Salazzle.
  • Tsareena.
  • Silvally.
  • Tapu Koko, because of its fighting spirit.
  • Buzzwhole, because of its fighting spirit.
  • Kartana, because of its fighting spirit even though Buzzwhole is more popular. Its small size would be interesting.
  • Marshadow, because of its fighting spirit.
  • Zeraora.

Support Pokemon:
  • Snorlax, makes a heavy slam.
  • Xatu, avoids an attack.
  • Hitmontop, makes a small rolling kick.
  • Torkoal or Musharna, releases smoke.
  • Drifblim, gusts the opponent away.
  • Gurdurr, hits the opponent with its girder.
  • Leavanny or Beautifly, traps the opponent in a ball of String Shot.
  • Reuniclus, makes a Psyshock.
  • Vanilluxe, starts a Hail.
  • Honedge, makes a small slash.
  • Hoopa, teleports the user.
  • Bewear, gives a killing hug.
  • Pyukumuku, counters an attack.
  • Turtonator, makes a shell trap.

Last edited:
Do you think that Bandai Namco Studios is interested in developing a Pokkén Tournament sequel of any kind? Why?

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom