• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Game Will You Be Playing?

Which game will you be playing?

• Ultra Sun

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • Ultra Moon

Votes: 25 32.5%
  • Both

Votes: 24 31.2%
  • Neither

Votes: 7 9.1%

• Total voters
For now, I'm thinking Ultra Sun because I got Moon last year. But it also depends on version exclusives and differences between the pair, so if I really prefer Ultra Moon's content, that's probably what I'll be getting

Even though I love Lunala, I will probably get Ultra Sun since I got Moon.

I am getting both. Yet to decide which to play first.

Probably Ultra Sun, since I got Moon last time. But if these installments happen to be more than just alternate versions of S/M, then I may get Ultra Moon just to get a feeling of playing a "follow-up" version of what I got previously.

If I get either of them, it would probably be only Ultra Sun, if anything. Though, they did just announce that nice looking steelbook bundle--so if there's a sale on that bundle (sometimes Amazon Prime gives a 10% on new games like that), then I'd consider it.

I assume that the games will still have opposite times, and I despised the swapped time when I played Moon. I'd much rather have regular time.

Last edited:
I'll get both, but I probably wont go launch night like I did for Sun and Moon. I'll order online and just let them be shipped to me.

Both as per usual (I always buy both games when in pairs so I can trade with myself and whatnot). Ultra Moon will probably be my main version like Moon before it, but either way I'll be getting both.

If I get one of the games, it'll be Ultra Moon. I much preferred Sun and Solgaleo, but Moon had better exclusive clothing, which I expect will be the case for USUM, too.

Last edited:
Ultra Moon. I'm not going to pre-order it though, after Sun and Moon lost my backing on the last few weeks before release. Playing cautiously here.

Merged the "What game will you buy?" thread with this one, as we already had a thread about which game you're gonna get ;)

I'm going to wait for the games to be released, because it's going to depend on what exactly they are.

B2W2 assumed you stuck with the same color (W->W2 made more sense as far as the world and which dragon N had). I'm expecting these games to have some alternate-reality-hopping shenanigans, so if UltraMoon's story ends up interacting with or playing on the world of Moon (or netting you a Solgaleo somehow, like how W2 got me Reshiram), then I'll get that.

On the other hand, if it turns out that UltraSun was, for instance, the world you visit at the end of Moon and that is relevant, then I'll probably get that. Looks like it would net you the Solgaleo anyway, so maybe that's what's intended

Both :B Since there's no third version, if I play only one I will most likely feel like I missed out >0>

I mean, they'll probably be exactly the same as each other besides a few version exclusives and cosmetics.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom