• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Game Will You Be Playing?

Which game will you be playing?

• Ultra Sun

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • Ultra Moon

Votes: 25 32.5%
  • Both

Votes: 24 31.2%
  • Neither

Votes: 7 9.1%

• Total voters
I hope these won't be just replying the same games in the span of like one year.

Exactly why these are the first Pokémon games ever that I might skip (3rd versions didn't bother me as a kid, for some reason).

If I make a purchase, it'll probably just be US

Last edited:
Not sure if I'm going to buy these games yet, but if I do I'll probably pick Ultra Sun as I picked Moon last time. Did the same with BW, picking Black first and White 2 after that. Helps with creating as much differences as possible from the previous games, cause I will at least have the version differences I didn't have list time.

Then again, playing at night during the day is still really cool...

One for proper, one for resets. As usual.

Last time I picked Sun because I had my whole team set out. I picked out the 6 Pokemon I wanted, and only thought about changing a few times. I wanted to use Sun, because my first team had a Lycanroc Midday in it, and a Passimian. This time around, unless there's something that I like a ton, that's only in US, then I'm going with UM. I am going to get that awesome looking Lunala. I am also going to be pretty chilll with my team this time around, not all my Pokemon have to be Alolan Pokemon/Alolan forms. And if I want to use anything desperately enough that's not available in my version of the game, or not in the game in general, I'll breed for it and trade it over (assuming we'll have connectivity to the Pokebank as soon as the game comes out.)

I should actually have money by the time they come out, so I'll be getting both. I intend to play through ultra moon first, and it will be my main version, inheriting the position from moon. I like night.

I will be going with Ultra Sun as Solgaleo looks much more sleeker, whereas Lunala just plain looks weird with the Necrozma armor.. Heck, I have even been unable to play Sun for a very long time since I got it for Christmas last year. If Ultra Sun isn't a sequel and is a different "alternate" version of the original Sun as it has been said, and perhaps even better, then likely I will be selling the original to get Ultra Sun. Heck, maybe in the Netherlands, they will hold a "trade your game for a discount." type of deal. If so, I'd use Sun as one of those games.

I'd wait for the version exclusives to be announced first, then decide.

Neither, no matter what they do seeing as these are remastered versions. Bells and whistles simply don't cut it.

I'll probably end up buying both, but not sure which one I'll play first/have as my main version. Maybe Ultra Moon as I plan to play Moon soon.

Not even sure I'll be getting either at this point. However, if they do enough to compel me to get one, it would very likely be Ultra Sun. I don't want it to be night-time during the day.

Will prolly play Ultra Sun. I played reg Sun because I felt liked I'd prefer playing during a regular time frame rather then the shifted 12 hours and I feel like it'll be the same thing here. That said I think if Ultra Moon gives me more of a reason to play it then I may try that instead. I suppose it depends on the version exclusives and I need more info at this point. For now tho I'll stick with Ultra sun.

lol Just now I have the idea of getting both so one remains main and the other one I can reset any time I want. I've never thought about it xD

Anyway at first probably Ultra Sun as I have Moon, and since I'm moving to another country close to the launch and I should save some money, might wait a while to get UM (if I do it).

I bought both Sun and Moon but I don't think I'll get both this time around. I'll make a decision once we get more info. But I'm more inclined to buy US since I like Solgaleo much better

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom