• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which generation had the best pokemon?

Which gen had the best pokemans?

• Gen I

Votes: 46 19.7%
  • Gen II

Votes: 63 27.0%
  • Gen III

Votes: 86 36.9%
  • Gen IV

Votes: 31 13.3%
  • Gen V

Votes: 7 3.0%

• Total voters
Gen 2 gave us Houndoom and a lot of other pokemon I love so I'm gonna have to go with gen 2

Although I liked each generation almost equally, I chose Generation 4, which I liked a little better than the 3rd one, then the 2nd one followed by the 1st. The reason is that this generation has some interesting Pokemon like the penguins and the gastropods, but most important is the evolutions. Tangrowth and Mamoswine are two evolutions that I actually take a liking to, because they look awesome to me.

Gen IV -> Gen I -> can't really decide between II and III.
Generation IV for me, plz. There's a lot variety and a lot of weird and different kinds of species beside those more natural Pokémons, like Rotom and Spritomb. Many of my favorites are from Gen IV (like Torterra, Mamoswine, Hippowdon, Magnezone, Yanmega and Pachirisu) and overall designs and the style are perfect in this generation. Even those Pokémon I don't like that much, look actually great (Kricetune).

Gen III had great Pokémon and I like many of those, but overall it was the weakest generation for me. All Pokémon were quite natural and realistic etc, which made them together a little boring. Gen II was a strong and well made follow-up for the Gen I back then, but nowadays it feels more like a little addition not a whole new generation. And none of my most favorites are from Gen II.

Gen III. Introduction of the Hoenn 3, Absol, Salamence and Rayquaza was awesome.

Last edited:
Well;
Design-wise; of course this is my biased opinion, but a tie between Gen II and Gen III for me because they have most of my favourite Pokémon.

Usefulness-wise; Gen IV. Obviously.

I-I think the 1st Gen was the best...I respect classics and seem to like those pokemon more anyway...

Generation 3 gave us the Kung Fu Chicken, the Metal Dinosaur that killed things by Smashing Heads, Milotic, and Metagross.

Yeah, gonna vote Gen 3.

Gen 1 was the classic pokemon thet we all grew up with but Gen 4 was pretty cool

Every time someone mentions the word "Pokemon", I think of Bulbasaur, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Geodude, etc.... The first generation (in my opinion) had the best pokemon. I'm sure I believe this only because it was the first game I played, and I've seen them in every game. Besides, can any later pokemon come close to the extreme awesomeness that is Mr. Mime or Jynx?

The 3rd Generation had the best ones. I really dig their off the wall design. Ludicolo? Cradily? Skarmory? All three of the starters? M'FUKKIN AGGRON? AWESOME. I can go on and on and on... Except Metagross; never too crazy for that one. Too clunky.

The 4th has some neat looking ones too, like Luxray, Staraptor, Honchkrow and possibly my favorite pokemon, design-wise, of all time: Garchomp. But I admit things like Arceus and Gastrodon (it's more about the choice of colors for this one) are off. But Probopass was cool, stop the hatin'!

My first game was Silver, then it was Red afterward. Good times, but even then I thought that the pokemon-design was somewhat lacking. I wasn't even impressed with Mewtwo, to be honest.

I like every generation. I, II, III, IV, and I even like the way V is looking so far.

Hmm...I'd say Gen I or II. Not because they're the first ones and I have to "respect a classic" but because I simply liked them the most. Gen III is pretty close too, though!

Gen iv I didn't like any, really...

I am partial to the first generation not only because they are the classics and pretty awesome aesthetically, but also that the majority of them to this day retain their usefulness battle-wise or improving with time. In fact, Starmie probably holds the record for absolute most unchanged Pokemon....you can run the same set in gen I as you can in gen IV with the same effectiveness, and probably to the next generation as well. And that is just awesome.

The 3rd Generation had the best ones. I really dig their off the wall design. Ludicolo? Cradily? Skarmory? All three of the starters? M'FUKKIN AGGRON? AWESOME. I can go on and on and on... Except Metagross; never too crazy for that one. Too clunky.

The 4th has some neat looking ones too, like Luxray, Staraptor, Honchkrow and possibly my favorite pokemon, design-wise, of all time: Garchomp. But I admit things like Arceus and Gastrodon (it's more about the choice of colors for this one) are off. But Probopass was cool, stop the hatin'!

My first game was Silver, then it was Red afterward. Good times, but even then I thought that the pokemon-design was somewhat lacking. I wasn't even impressed with Mewtwo, to be honest.

thats from gen II

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom