• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which generation has the best music?

Which generation has the best music?

• Generation I

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Generation II

Votes: 21 14.7%
  • Generation III

Votes: 36 25.2%
  • Generation IV

Votes: 18 12.6%
  • Generation V

Votes: 57 39.9%

• Total voters
IMO, Gen 3, that was by far my favorite music in a pokemon game. It still brings back some good memories =)

Its a tie between Gen III and Gen V for me.

Gen III's music I just love and think thats where Pokemon's music started to get good and Gen V's music is just wonderful as its got both epic battle themes and just tear jerking tunes such as N's Farewell.

I liked the Generation V music as well but the best music for me is Generation III...!!
So I voted it..!!

I really like the Gen V music, but then I was reminded of the Champion/Red theme in Gen II, so I picked II.

It's tough. For me, nothing will beat the nostalgic feeling of hearing the Gen I/II music... but to try and look at it more objectively, I'll probably go with III. This also offers nostalgic quality, but the music really 'goes' with the look and feel of the towns and routes. The GBA quality doesn't even bother me - it adds something to it, in fact. Also Slateport City!

Gen V is pretty swish, especially the rival battle theme, but there are times when it gets a bit annoying. Castelia City is a bit hard on the ears, and when waiting to connect to the wi-fi for battles/tucking your Pokemon in, it's very repetitive. This is at the worst possible time, as you're not doing much else and the music becomes much more salient.

I have to say, though, that I don't care much for Gen IV. I don't hate it, but it's the weakest of the lot for me - it lacks the charm of the others, and unlike Gen III, it doesn't compliment the scenery to the same effect. It's kind of bland.

Gen IV and Gen V are about equal, but I'll vote for IV since it has a depressingly low number of votes. I thought Gen III's music was terrible lol.

Personally, I love the Generation V music all the way.

Gets me in the mood to dance, ya know?

I like Gen.II for its new themes and beautiful remastering of Gen.I music.The new Rt.1 music sounds great beggining from a different point.Unfortunately they ruined Lavender Town theme.

I also like gen.V music like the ones in Nimbasa City and Black City.

Hoenn and Shinnoh without a doubt have the best music. I can recall those melodies easier than I can for Kanto or Hoenn.

Plus, Shinnoh gave us the smooth and lovely "Pokemon Center at Night" music. D8; Why can't all Pokemon Centers do this?

Gen III was awesome.

My cell phone ring for some people is the desert theme. It's brucking filliant!

Gen. V by far. White Opelucid was sooooo, soothing, that I sat there for ten minutes listening to the track and admiring it.

Also N and Ghetsis made me think, Holy oh my god this is epic. The background organs made it all the more epic.

But, I didn't like the Reshi/Zek theme. At first it was just a lighter, marchy version of the Red battle, but later it faded into a replica of the regular wild theme.

Although, I did like Hoenn, and HGSS' champion theme.

Main games - Black/White.
All games - Mystery Dungeon 2

Generation fours music was amazing and has countless millions of views on Youtube its defiantly A tie between Iv and V for me.

Generation IV's music was the BEST!!!! I loved the wild Pokémon battle theme and the Dialga/Palkia battle theme (Especially on the SSBB remixes!!!!), and the Team Galactic battle theme is just plain EPIIICCCC!!!!

I had to pick Gen IV. The Lake themes, all of Mt. Coronet, Team Galactic's themes, and the Sinnoh Gym Theme sold me. The HGSS themes were amazing as well, and I especially love the Johto Wild Battle theme. It's so epic!
Gen III and Gen V are a close second, however. They have great tracks as well.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom