• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which generation has the best music?

Which generation has the best music?

• Generation I

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Generation II

Votes: 21 14.7%
  • Generation III

Votes: 36 25.2%
  • Generation IV

Votes: 18 12.6%
  • Generation V

Votes: 57 39.9%

• Total voters
Re: Which main series Pokemon game do you think had the best soundtrack?

Defiantly Black and White. The music was so varied and fun and each fit the mood of where they belonged. Though it's not like it's a huge achievement over the other Pokemon games music because all of them have awesome themes.

Re: Which main series Pokemon game do you think had the best soundtrack?

I think Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal had the best soundtrack.

I'm a little biased so i'm going with gen 2 but in all honesty I love all generation's music. Each and every one had their own great tunes and melodies.
I went with 2 cause it had some of my favorite tracks on there like National Park, Goldenrod City, and Violet City. And the nostalgia :p
My second would've been gen 5 though. They're all great though.

I voted gen 5 for overall best, but my favorite Pokemon song is actually from gen 4. Team Galactic Battle kicks so much butt. <3

Gen 2 was the most memorable for me, but I really, really love the Gen 4 music. Especially the rival theme.

G5 easily cause of how everything is part of the music, even when you're in the red.

I liked the Gen IV and V music the most

Gen IV:

Mt. Coronet Summit(gives a sense of urgency)
Spear Pillar
Distortion World
Route 201
Lake Verity/Valor/Acuity(So peaceful and relaxing. I find myself hearing this theme in my head when at a lake.)
Dialga/Palkia battle theme
Giratina Battle
Lake trio battle
Lake cavern
Arceus battle
Cyrus battle
Team Galactic Commander battle
Eterna City/Celestic Town music
Canaclave City
Sandgem Town
Rival Barry battle
Cynthia Battle

Gen V

All except Driftveil
Celetial Tower for the Legend of Zelda reference. The music is much like the LOZ: Link to the Past Light World dungeon

I like the Gen III music too

I despise the Gen !/!! music sine on HG and SS I have the volume on mute when I am in Kanto. Really I find the music on the first two overrated.

Note: this is from someone who has played the games since Yellow

Gen 2 and their remakes had excellent music, especially the Johto gym leader, Azalea Town, and Rocket Hideout music. The Gen 3 music is a very close second. The dive music, Birch's lab, and Mt.Pyre are the best.

I have loved every generation's music at some point (and still do) but gen V wins right now. Driftveil city theme for the win!

Cyrus's theme and some other tracks cause me to chose gen IV over the rest, but I've loved almost all the music. I've only come to dread the music that plays on whatever route is right next to the daycare XD

I loved GEN V for four words...

Dat fuckin' elite four...

SRSLY, the Elite Four had the whole extremely epic, "Shit's gonna go down" theme too it.

A VERY hard choice. I would tie generations I, II and V, because each had excellent and unique music. After some thought I will vote for gen II since it includes both Kanto and Johto tracks. Sorry gen V, you just got outnumbered, haha.

This a very hard decision, but I'm going to have to go with Gen I because there seems to be such a darker tone to it which makes it feel a bit scary. Second choice would be Gen V because I just love the Team Plasma battle music <3

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom