• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which gym leader is the most forgettable?

That Unova bug-type person... I just learned I have his badge. I don't even remember battling him!

I like how the TRULY most forgettable has not even been mentioned yet.

Justy of the Prestige Precept Center, aka the Pre Gym, in Phenac City, Orre.

I'd tell you his name, but I forgot it, I think he was a bug or maybe grass trainer or something

Brawly. I don't know, he's just easy to beat, has an easy gym puzzle, and is hidden on such a distant island. It's easy to forget about him.

Chuck, Blue, Pryce, Roark, Byron and Drayden.

~ Who the hell is Chuck?
~ Blue will always be that lame guy from the anime, to me. Not a gym leader.
~ Pryce is outclassed by the cute Candice and the badass Brycen.
~ Roark isn't one of the more original leaders of the series.
~ The same goes to Byron
~ And Iris outclasses Drayden easily.

Morty: I only vaguely remember battling him, though I know it only took one go-around. Whitney's a tough act to follow.
Roxanne: Zero recollection of this town or gym leader. Wasn't the gym the one with the straight line to the gym leader?
Brawly: Boring gym in a weird spot. Fighting doesn't feel right so early in the game, sorry.
I'm going to skip Sinnoh because I haven't played it in four years and wasn't a huge fan of the generation to begin with. The only one I distinctly remember is Fantina.
In Unova, Brycen seems to be overshadowed by the events at hand. The gym battle seems to just be an afterthought to everything else going on in town.

I doubt too many people remember who Candice is.

Who doesn't recall peppy lesbian ice girl?

I'm surprised so many people forget Chuck. He really does have no defining features compared to the other Johto leaders.

He's not the first leader, or a blue bishie bird boy.
He's not a cute shota.
He's not a pink crybaby with killer Pokemon.
He's not a hot blond dude.
He's not a cute girl that asks you to go on a quest.
He's not Mask of Ice.
He's not Lance's bitchy cousin.

He's just.. Chuck. Even his name is bland.

Brawly is forgettable too, but I remember him because of his gym.

..I'm surprised how many people can forget the first gym leader in a game. They're usually the ones that click to us the most. Blue is forgettable, but that's because we connect him with the rival and not as a gym leader.

- R/S are very old games that haven't bee

What? It's not even ten years old I believe, only like nine.

The Hoenn gym leaders are forgetable because a lot of people passed that gen, and it doesn't have as much depth as the other ones. Everyone knows Kanto. If you don't have Johto memorized within the nostalgia part of your brain, HGSS made you recall them. Sinnoh was last gen, and a lot of fans came back then (along with new fans).

Hoenn is great, but the NPCs lacked character. They had more-so then the original Kanto or Johto games, but we remembered those mainly characters due to their anime and manga Pokespe depictions.

Last edited:
I think Brawly because you can just skip him (Of course you still need to battle him to be qualified for Pkm League)

I think Brawly because you can just skip him (Of course you still need to battle him to be qualified for Pkm League)
You can't, you need to beat him to get Flash to work, so you can meet with Steven Stone.

See what I mean about being forgettable? You don't even have a real reason to fight him other than... being there. It's a broken bridge. You could replace him with a light switch and nobody would notice the difference.
And not only that, he happens to have the luck of being introduced minutes before the guy who is just one step below Red's memetic status and a pretty important character.

You don't need flash to get to him, you just have to walk around in the dark.

Byron is probably the least memorable, but I haven't really forgotten him. He's just Brock, but like 20 years older.

I like how the TRULY most forgettable has not even been mentioned yet.

Justy of the Prestige Precept Center, aka the Pre Gym, in Phenac City, Orre.

Who could ever forget that asshole and his damned sandstorm strategy? :banghead:

You need to beat Brawly to get 4 badges. Only then will Norman battle you and only when you beat him and get Surf can go further.

Probably Brawly or Chuck. Eh, none of them really had anything interesting going for them, their gyms we're bland and boring, they were pretty easy battles and they never said anything remotely memorable.

TBH, except for Morty, the others gym leaders from Johto are pretty forgettable.

I finaly decided to look up Maylene. I don't even remember fighting her.

now. LETS LIST

Kanto
brock,misty,surge, Erika, Giovoni, blue, blain, koga, janine.
Allmost forgot koga, i keep thinking of him as E4.

Jhoto
Faulkner, Bugsy, Whitney, Morty, Chuck, Jasmine, Pryce, Clair.
That was easy, granted that i played through HGSS like mad, and Gen 2 was my start.

Hoeen
Roxanne, Wattson, Flannery, Wallace, Winowa, Those Twins, The Dad. I do not remember the other two, and i never played Emerald, so idk that one.
I only played through Ruby once, i think that's why i don't know these as well.

Sinnoh
The mine guy, Gardinea, Maylene, Fantina, CRASHER WAKE, Volkner, and...that other one.
The only one that realy sticks in my mind is CRASHER WAKE. Because he's awsome.

Unova
Cress,Cilain, Chili, Lenora,Burgh, Elesea, Clay, Skyla, Brycen, Iris, Drayden.

that was easy, given that i just played that. I did strugle a bit at Skyla.

So, those ones that i didn't name, the ones that i didn't remember the name of-ROWAN. that was his name. Rowan.- and Maylene, who i rememberd her simply because she's so forgettable, and i looked her up today just so i could figure out who the hell she was.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom