• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which gym leader is the most forgettable?

People keep saying Maylene, and i guess they're right cause i have no clue who that is

I don't remember any of the Hoenn ones (probably because last time i played Emerald Version was when i was like 8.)

Strength-wise? Lenora was just too easy. I killed both her pokemon in 1 hit each.

Let see if I can remember from the top of my head...
Kanto:
Brock
Misty
Lt. Surge
Erika
Sabrina
Koga/Janine
Giovanni/Blue
...?

Johto:
Falkner
Bugsy
Whitney
Morty
Jasmine
Chuck
Clair
...?

Hoenn: (I actually had to think of their names for this)
Norman
Roxanne
Brawly
Wattson
Liza and Tate
Wallace/Steven
Flying type girl (Forgot her name o_o)
?

Sinnoh:
Roark
Gardenia
Maylene
Crasher Wake
Fantina
Byron
Volkner

Unova: (still need to practice remembering names)
Cilan/Chili/Cress
Lenora
Burgh
Elesa
Clay
Skyla
Brycen
Drayden/Iris

So the least memorable for me would be Flannery, Blaine, and Pryce. With the exception of Flannery, I could never remember the names of old people. :/

i dunno, i can't remember really

HAHAHA :')

anyway,
i dunno why hardly ever remember i have to still battle giovani after i've defeated blaine :) it's like, you get to cinnabar island and it's like YES THE LAST AREA! then your like...oh yeah have to go back there again :| i didn't quite get why he was suddenly there tbh lol,but there you go :)

Chuck, Brock, Erika, Cissy, and Juan.

Why Brock you say? Because he's been on the show so long, that I forgot he was even a gymleader.

Why Chuck? Because I just forgot.

Why Erika? Because she and her girl slaves made it seem like Ash was challenging Erika for a Perfume badge instead of a Rainbow one.

Why Cissy? Pokemon surfing? Is that even a real battle?

Why Juan? Becuase I was still dreaming of Wallace instead.

I have a feeling by the end of this thread most people will remember Chuck for being the most forgettable Gym Leader. XD I see how this works...

None. Then again, Gym Leaders are my favorite Trainer group, so it's no wonder I can remember all of them.

Those I don't think about much, however, would be as follows:

• Most Kanto Gym Leaders. They got way better over the years at least, but before FRLG, I only really liked Erika and Sabrina. The rest were samey.
  • Wallace and Juan. I just don't like flamboyant types much.
  • Roark, Gardenia, Fantina, Byron, Volkner. Sinnoh Gym Leaders were surprisingly boring for the most part before Platinum. Even then, these remain somewhat bland, but can be somewhat interesting at least. Volkner is not bland, but I dislike his attitude and how he dragged his entire city down with his mood...
  • Cilan, Chili and Cress. The least involved of the Unova Leaders, and the least memorable outside their gimmick, which was epic enough, but... yeah. I really don't think much about them.

But forgettable... not quite. They remain much more memorable than most of the Elite Four people in every way.

I didn't knew until now that Juan existed. Also, Brawly. Maybe because i'm not a big fan of third gen?

I've always loved the Gym Leaders, so it's actually hard for me forget any of them. They're are a few that I don't think about often, and those would probably be Roxanne, Brawly, and Brycen. I felt like Roxanne and Brawly just didn't come off with the same feeling that the other Hoenn Gym Leaders did, and Brycen just didn't seem to have an actual personality as far as I could tell.

Crasher Wake and/or the guy who replaced Wallace... I never remember his name, so probably him (strange they're all water type leaders, eh?)

I think the only reason the Hoenn Gym leader's are being forgotten is:

- R/S are very old games that haven't been remade

- HGSS reminded everyone of the Johto Gym leaders

- The Kanto Gym leaders have been in every gen and everyone will always remember them

- DP Gym leaders was just last gen.

That being said some of the Hoenn Gym leaders like Flannery, Wallace, Tate/Liza etc. are very memorable.

I'm with you 100% on that. Everyone seems to pack extra hate for Gen III. It may be because we haven't had any recent Hoenn games, because there was no backward compatibility with other Generations, or because it was the first game to look different in terms of graphics. But Hoenn was one of my favorite regions, and I still play my Ruby when I get the chance. =)

I doubt too many people remember who Candice is.

That's why I like the Unova gym leaders. They actually do things outside of battling you.

I pretty much remember her from the anime. I think the actual gym battle with her and Ash took just 1 episode, but she was introduced some episodes back. Plus she has a "crazy girl" personality.

I always forget about Roark. All the other Sinnoh gym leaders are pretty 'out-there' or have some interesting quirk, including the likes of luchadore or extravagant foreign diva.
Then you've got Roark, who's just...a guy wearing a hard hat, I guess. It doesn't help that most of his team is playing copycat to Brock, either.

I used to foget Chuck a lot, but then he got that badass Sugimori art for the remakes.

Lols, I see what you mean with Roark. The only time I remember seeing him out of a gym was in the mine right before I challenged him.

All the ones I've forgot, I suppose. There are a few who I recall as being so bland it hurts though. Like Bugsy or Jasmine.

Yeah, Jasmine was always bland to me. But I don't think "boring" is the best word to me. I just thought she was really quiet and shy. Maybe even cold and emotionless like steel. (which happens to be her type...)

I remember all of the gym leaders except for the Hoeen Elite Four. Their probably the most forgetful for me because I have never seen them anywhere except for the Dragon Guy (Still dunno his name) who appeared in the anime.

I think you mean Drake. His team was so beatable, it wasn't even funny. Well, the whole Hoenn E4 was easy when I think about it..

Wow. Volkner. VOLK-NER. I remember him because it took me forever to get to Sunyshore on account of the fact that I got lose on Mt. Coronet, and a friend had to show me how to get to Palkia. :/

I'm with you there! The first time I beat my Platinum, I got lost in Mt. Coronet for a while.

None of them. But ones with significance are more memorable. That said, none of the ones from Kanto are memorable, not even Misty. Giovanni's the only exception one because he's the only one with any part in the story outside the badge-collecting sections.

What?? Not Misty? Well, I admit she's stuck in my mind because of the anime, but I also remember her for not being at the Cerulean City gym in my Crystal Version (and my Heartgold).

Chuck, Brock, Erika, Cissy, and Juan.

Why Brock you say? Because he's been on the show so long, that I forgot he was even a gymleader.

Why Chuck? Because I just forgot.

Why Erika? Because she and her girl slaves made it seem like Ash was challenging Erika for a Perfume badge instead of a Rainbow one.

Why Cissy? Pokemon surfing? Is that even a real battle?

Why Juan? Becuase I was still dreaming of Wallace instead.

Lols, I actually forgot that Brock was a gymleader too until I played my Heartgold. Right after I got it, I remembered that I can get the 8 badges in Kanto after I beat the Elite 4.

I have a feeling by the end of this thread most people will remember Chuck for being the most forgettable Gym Leader. XD I see how this works...

xDDDD That would be funny lols

I don't remember any of the Hoenn ones (probably because last time i played Emerald Version was when i was like 8.)

Strength-wise? Lenora was just too easy. I killed both her pokemon in 1 hit each.

Really? I remember her for giving me the most trouble so far...

Roxanne, Chuck, Pryce and Tate & Liza. I guess old men are more forgettable to me, hence Pryce's inclusion.

Thanks for reading.

In Unova, Brycen seems to do the least of the gym leaders regarding the Plasma plot, so he's pretty forgettable for me.

In Sinnoh, Byron didn't really stand out to me.

In Hoenn, I thought Wattson was slightly bland.

In Johto, Bugsy never really made much of an impact.

In Kanto, Koga didn't really do much for me.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom