• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which have you done legitimately?

What Have You Achieved?

• Shiny Pokémon Encountered (Excluding The Gyarados)

Votes: 105 88.2%
  • Caught Pokérus

Votes: 91 76.5%
  • Completed Pokédex

Votes: 37 31.1%
  • Highest Ranking Trainer Card

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters
The only thing I've done is catch Pokérus. I'm not even sure how, I just noticed that all my Pokémon's summary screens in Ruby looked weird one day.

The only thing I've gotten legit was Pokerus. I've gotten it at least three times without trading.
The day I got Pokerus before I even got past the mandatory tutorial in Platinum, many facepalms were done. I get THIS shit multiple times, yet I've never encountered a shiny (which is supposed to be far more common).

The irony of it all is, I'm not even a competitive battler. All that EV/IV number crunching gets real boring real fast.
I breed for egg moves and natures, and just conquer whatever secondary quests (contests/pokeathlon/battle frontier) are left after the main game.

I'm pretty lucky because I caught a shiny in every single game I played except Gen I, but I did get a shiny in FireRed

Also, most recently I got a pokemon with Pokerus, but that was only because of a temporary trade with a friend so it might not count.

I just caught a shiny today, and got pokerus in my main game (Black) a few days ago. I feel lucky.

lol. None of these. I'm still envious of you people who find multiple shinies. I got the Pokerus intentionally by trading with a friend.

Same! I've been playing the Pokemon games since Blue & Red and I have only ever seen ONE shiny Pokemon (excluding Red Gyarados). It was a shiny Donphan in HeartGold.

I voted for completing the PokeDex legitimately because the games don't require event Pokemon to class your Pokedex as complete.. I'm only missing Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys and Shaymin.

I've seen 5 shinies, so that's a check, and I caught Pokerus not once, but TWICE o_O. The rest are kinda hard though.

I got Pokerus on Pokemon Black. I also caught a shiny Paras on Pokemon Silver.

I found a shiny Golbat in Emerald, and a shiny Zigzagoon in Ruby. I also caught Pokerus in my White version.

I got Pokérus either from my starter or one of the very first battles in Emerald.

Then a shiny Golbat at Victory Road in the same game. (Oh boy I wonder why there are so many shiny Zubat and Golbat![/sarcasm])

The only pokédex I bothered completing were Red's and then just Hoenn's regional.

I've gotten Pokerus twice I believe. Once in Platinum and I think I've gotten it in SoulSilver as well. In SoulSilver I didn't even know I had it until it had already passed.

I've gotten a few shiny pokemon as well.

Pearl: Pelipper
Platinum: Marill

And once I found a shiny in Soulsilver. It was in the safari zone, and it ran away before I could catch it. I think it was a Zubat. I've also seen a shiny Zubat in Platinum but my DS died before I saved.

I have never gotten a master rank trainer card and I've never LEGITIMATELY completed the pokedex. I did cheat on Pearl with Action Reply to get the pokedex but that's about all I've done in the sense (aside from the 999 Master Ball and 999 Rare Candy cheats, as well as max cash. All on Pearl. My friend is the one who gave me the cheats.)

I've found 3 legit shinies, one on Platinum, one on Black, and one on White. I've technically found 5 if you count the 2 I found IN THE BATTLE FACTORY on Emerald. I caught Pokerus on Diamond, and have completed the National Dex on Platinum. I'm almost done with the National Dex on Black.

Pokerus is easy to get, for me at least...
(when I first found a Shiny Tentacool I thought it had something to do with getting Regirock Regice and Registeel. Because I was near the Sealed Chamber...)

I've gotten Pokerus in SoulSilver without even trying. I was leaving Violet City and when I got to the Pokemon Center the nurse said one of my Pokemon had Pokerus. I was so shocked I nearlly fell off my bed.

I've completed the Unova Pokedex, and I caught Shiny Machoke and Karrablast in LeafGreen and White.

...Weeell, I found a Shiny Budew on Diamond... I just... Didn't catch it... *Sigh*

I also got a shiny Floatzel from a friend, does that count
Please tell me it counts

Everything but High Rank Trainer Card. I have:

*full dex in Pearl and White
*several shinies which I've captured in 2-4 generation games (haven't meet any shinies in generation V yet)
*PokeRus from my Sapphire version, which I've caught several years ago (type 15.1 according to Pokecheck :D)

I caught Pokerus but didn't realise until I gave my Ruby to my nephew and he told me. I panicked at first cos I thought I'd given him a duff cartridge xD

I have done everything except for complete the trainer card. Never cared for the battle frontier or super contests...

But I have caught 2 legitimate shinies. One was a Oddish, the other was a Numel.
I have also caught Pokerus twice, the first time was from my Ruby game which ended up getting deleted (I was scared when the nurse told me my Pokemon had a parasite). A couple years later, I caught it on my Emerald again, and I was happy this time. That Emerald game would also be the one I would end up completing the national pokedex on.

I remember I got Pokerus randomly in Pearl. I was just looking at one of my Pokemon one day, and I saw that they were infected. Pretty cool.

Lol, none of those. For someone who's been playing for over 12 years, you'd think I'd have at least one of those. But no. I'm lazy and incredibly unlucky when it comes to shiny Pokémon.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom