• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Hoenn starter will you choose?

Which Hoenn starter will you choose?

• Total voters
also garchomp slamance and dragonite would like to have a word with you they're all x4 weak to ice and they are ubers.

They are OU, not Ubers.

I always get the two mixed up still the point remains since OU is the highest you can get without being super OP (mega blaziken cough) but still being pretty powerful

I think I am going with Treecko - mainly because I want to make a team of Dragon types for my first playthrough :p but second playthrough will be with Mudkip - He was my favorite, and I just had Torchic in X so I can live without playing through with him. :)

Treeko, its the first dragon/grass mega evolution, and I like its design the best so im going with treeko

Sceptile seems like really not to worth it if I pick Treecko. That must be because of the impression of grass starters. Snivy is my favourite of all Pokémon though, I got Tepig in White 2. --Here is a big brackets, Lilligant was one of my best in my team, afterall. Her Giga Drin & Energy Ball really helped me a lot for several times. Here goes a respect for Grass type moves -- But afterall, Sceptile seems a waste of starter decision to me. And again, I won't pick Torchic because I see how better Swampert is, when I compare between Swampert and Blaziken. Yes, Blaziken also is a fight type and it has a huge piece of advantage. But Swampert's ground type makes Blaziken's fight type just less important.

Back in Emerald my Treecko was a female. I wonder if that might naturally be the case this time (tempted to soft reset for it).

I have a hard time choosing; even just choosing six is tough. My instincts say that it's Treecko though, and that's probably what it will be. I really have grown to like Milotic (been using one in XY lately, and breeding for another with a different playstyle now), so I don't think I need to worry about a water-type. As for fire-types, I really like Torkoal, so I'll probably go with that.

Swampert is my favourite of the starter trio, so I'm going with Mudkip (even though M.Swampert looks terrible.)

Swampert is easily my favorite but Sceptile's Dragon/Grass typing is intriguing. Mega Swampert has a terrible design in my opinion as well

I'm leaning for Mudkip, since he was my starter when I first got Ruby. If I get OS as well, though, I'll choose Treecko, since both times I chose him, I found a shiny before the first gym. :)

I think I'm going to go for Treecko. Mega Sceptile looks really awesome. That, and I'm due a Grass starter. I used Snivy in White, Oshawott in White 2, and Fennekin in X.

Treeko because of that giant tail(Mega Form) plus speed and good atk stats and finally, that transformation into a Dragon!! I really love to see that. Though Blaziken will be a good one because of its Brave Bird and Flare Blitz move.

I'm wondering what Dragon-type moves may Sceptile learn in this re-make. Hmm..

In Alpha Sapphire it will most likely be Treecko, so I can get Mega Sceptile. But I really like Mega Aggron, so if I can get that in AS, then I might choose any of the three.

In Omega Ruby, if I choose Treecko in AS, I'll probably choose Mudkip.

I will definitely be choosing Torchic as my starter Pokemon, and I may end up breeding a Torchic with the hidden ability in Pokemon Y to trade to Pokemon ORAS. I haven't decided on any other Pokemon to use yet, however, I did recently obtain a shiny Dratini, so I may trade that to Pokemon ORAS to use during my adventure through Hoenn.

I'm gonna pick my original starter from Sapphire, Torchic. Mostly because I picked it by total accident and now its my 2nd favorite Pokemon! Ill probably pick Treecko for OR. Never was a big fan of Mudkip.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom