• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Hoenn starter will you choose?

Which Hoenn starter will you choose?

• Total voters
Definitely Mudkip. I love all the Hoenn starters but Mudkip was my original, so it's gotta be him. I almost might've gone with Torchic if I hadn't raised the Cherish Ball one as a member of my team in Y.

Now that is a tough question. I might choose Torchic in my first game, because it was my first Hoenn starter. In the other version, I'll probably go with Mudkip.

Such a tough decision, I was fortunate to play both Ruby and Emerald.
In Ruby I picked Torchic, and in Emerald I picked Treecko, I played Emerald again very recently (2013) with Treecko again and still have all my team from that, as well as the event Torchic they distributed out.

So I guess it's Mudkip's turn but I really do hate that Pokemon, and can get it in HG from Steven.

So I'm thinking of maybe doing what I've seen quite a few other people do and transfer another Pokemon to their game as a starter. Was thinking Pichu.

It has to be mudkip. Mudkip is one of my favorite pokemon and what I chose back in Emerald. If I get the other version (still not completely sure, which I'll get) I'll use torchic because I've never picked it before.

Torchic. Didn't really use that free one with the Blazikenite in X/Y. Although I will try to transfer a Fennekin to use in the game.

I will go with Mudkip because it's so adorable and the nostalgia of having one in Ruby.

As I did in Sapphire, I will use Treeko in Alpha Sapphire. Gotta keep that grass starter for first playthrough tradition alive! :D

Last edited:
I will probably get both versions and will have Mudkip on Ruby along with Treeko on Sapphire

Why isn't there options for people who are buying both games? Like...

1) Treecko (Omega Ruby) and Torchic (Alpha Sapphire)
2) Treecko (Omega Ruby) and Mudkip (Alpha Sapphire)
3) Torchic (Omega Ruby) and Treecko (Alpha Sapphire)
4) Torchic (Omega Ruby) and Mudkip (Alpha Sapphire)
5) Mudkip (Omega Ruby) and Treecko (Alpha Sapphire)
6) Mudkip (Omega Ruby) and Torchic (Alpha Sapphire)

Anyways I'm going with Mudkip in Omega Ruby and Treecko in Alpha Sapphire.

I started with Mudkip in Ruby and Torchic in Sapphire, so I'm going to choose Mudkip in Omega Ruby and Torchic in Alpha Sapphire.

I'm going to choose Swampert and the best part: i still have the Swampert that i used in Sapphire in my Y version, the old and the new will meet each other.

I gatta go w/ Torchich, just like I did in my GBA game.

Makes me kinda glad I didn't use the event Torchich we had in X and Y.
Pretty funny that I haven't even touch the Torchic in anyway. Still LvL 5 in the Box~!

I used Mudkip in Sapphire and Emerald, so I have to use it again in Alpha Sapphire. For Omega Ruby, I'll probably go with Torchic. Treecko is cool and all, but I've never been very good with grass types.

I'm a fan of all the Hoenn starters tbh, even though Mudkip is the I prefer the least I still fancy it quite a lot. Treecko and Grovyle are my favorite first respectively middle stage out of them, but I my love for Blaziken is just about equal to the love I hold for Sceptile, and not to mention that Blaziken really is the only Fire-type line I like in the games. Still, I picked Treecko on my original Sapphire and I plan to honor that by picking him again. It'll at least have some more going for it now with all the new Grass-type moves that have come out since Gen III.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom