• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Hoenn starter will you choose?

Which Hoenn starter will you choose?

• Total voters
Mudkip is the only relevant option here. ;-)

I LIKE all 3 starters, but not their basic stage all 3 look pretty 'poor' but of them Mudkip was always my favorite & it's evolutions aswell.

Grovyle & Combusken are cool but Torchic & Treecko not even slightly.

Why isn't there options for people who are buying both games? Like...

1) Treecko (Omega Ruby) and Torchic (Alpha Sapphire)
2) Treecko (Omega Ruby) and Mudkip (Alpha Sapphire)
3) Torchic (Omega Ruby) and Treecko (Alpha Sapphire)
4) Torchic (Omega Ruby) and Mudkip (Alpha Sapphire)
5) Mudkip (Omega Ruby) and Treecko (Alpha Sapphire)
6) Mudkip (Omega Ruby) and Torchic (Alpha Sapphire)

Anyways I'm going with Mudkip in Omega Ruby and Treecko in Alpha Sapphire.

Well, there is an option to pick more than 1 Pokemon on the poll. The point of the poll was simply for users to pick starters, not for which games. Users can state for which games the Pokemon will be used in the thread comments.

Why isn't there options for people who are buying both games? Like...

1) Treecko (Omega Ruby) and Torchic (Alpha Sapphire)
2) Treecko (Omega Ruby) and Mudkip (Alpha Sapphire)
3) Torchic (Omega Ruby) and Treecko (Alpha Sapphire)
4) Torchic (Omega Ruby) and Mudkip (Alpha Sapphire)
5) Mudkip (Omega Ruby) and Treecko (Alpha Sapphire)
6) Mudkip (Omega Ruby) and Torchic (Alpha Sapphire)

Anyways I'm going with Mudkip in Omega Ruby and Treecko in Alpha Sapphire.

Well, there is an option to pick more than 1 Pokemon on the poll. The point of the poll was simply for users to pick starters, not for which games. Users can state for which games the Pokemon will be used in the thread comments.

Oh my apologies I didn't even notice that it was multiple choice. I already chose Mudkip on the poll though. I would have chosen Treecko too xD

I'm running off of the assumption that Swampert and Sceptile will be getting Megas, and seeing as I've already run a Mega Blaziken, I'll be rolling with Mudkip in AS, just like I did in Sapphire 11 years ago, and Treecko in OR.

I'll probably go with Mudkip again because I picked it in Ruby and I'm just used to it.

On my orginal game I used Torchic, but for this game I'm gonna go with Mudkip since Swampert is so awesome and I used my event Torchic through Y so I'm done with Torchic for now.

Mudkip was my very first pokemon, and I'm attached to him. I enjoy all three stages actually. Swampert I imagine as a mud wrestler with Seismic Toss

The only way I could be persuaded is if Sceptile gets an Archeopteryx mega evolution.

I'll be choosing Torchic. Fire has mostly always been my starter element, and Torchic was my original Sapphire starter.

Mudkip or Treecko most likely, I'm rather torn between the two. But I think I might go with Treecko just because there's a lot of water types I like in gen III.

I've already used Treecko and Torchic in Ruby and Emerald so I guess that it's time to finally use Mudkip. For the longest time I've wanted to make a water-type team and pretend that I am a member of Team Aqua so it all works.

I am a strong believer in Mudkip and will once again be picking the lovable mudskipper for my quest in Hoenn. I've always favored its design and Swampert is the coolest.

Well, Sapphire was my first Pokemon game ever. Mudkip was my first starter ever. I named him Muddy and he is now a Swampert. My plan is to breed a Mudkip egg from Muddy. That way, I can use the son of my original starter and name him Muddy Jr.!

So, I'll be using Muddy's son, Muddy Jr. But since I also get to take a starter, and I'll already be getting a Mudkip from breeding, then I'll probably take Torchic.

And as usual, praying for Swampert Mega. XD

I always chose Treecko whenever I played RSE so definitely Treecko! I was smitten by Sceptile's Leaf Blade animation back then - it was super cool :)

Most likely Mudkip. I don't really like Blaziken, and I still have my Sapphire Sceptile, but I don't have a Swampert that I'm attached to.

I will eventually do a runthrough of all three starters, but I will definitely start with Mudkip and then Treecko and then finally Torchic. Mudkip being my favorite Water Starter still of all time, will definitely be my first choice.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom