• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Hoenn starter will you choose?

Which Hoenn starter will you choose?

• Total voters
My preferred type is Water, so for that reason I will be choosing Mudkip.

I will probably end up choosing Mudkip on one version and Torchic on the other as they are my favourite Hoenn starters.
However, I *could* end up picking Treecko on one game since I've used it the least out of the three. I probably won't decide until I plan out my teams closer to the release date, though.

I'm so excited about the news. I'm definitely going to start with Mudkip. It has always been my favorite starter since it debuted.

Torchic all day ya already know lol. i started off with a torchic on the older games. :cool:

Torchic in ruby, mudkip in sapphire :) just like i did in the original games ^_^*reminiscing, sigh* cant wait :)

I remember my first playthrough when RS came out, I used Torchic because I thought it was the cutest. Funny enough, Blaziken is my least favorite of the final stages. In later playthroughs I used Mudkip. I think there was something about Treecko's sassy eyes that I didn't like, or maybe it was that I hated its pose with its arms outstretched the way they are in the official art... I dunno. This kinda makes me wanna give Treecko a shot, considering I don't think I've ever used it before. It may depend on what their mega evolutions are like, assuming Sceptile and Swampert receive them.

I've gotta get my Torchic again. It was my first starter in Hoenn, and it's my favorite type.
Although Mudkip definitely comes close to being picked!

First play of ruby I used treecko. I still use my buddy Scept the Sceptile (creative, I know). This is hard for me... I generally don't like reusing starters, and I always do an initial run through a generation with my first pick, a second run with a different one, and then a nuzlocke with the third... And I've already done all those with my ruby file. So now I don't know WHAT to pick. Probably Treecko again, because my brother will pick Mudkip and I don't really care for Torchic that much... Especially with the mega favoritism it's received. So... Treecko I guess.

On both my playthroughs in Ruby and Emerald, I picked Torchic. This time, I think I'll go with Treecko, as I've never really worked with it before. That and I keep using Mega Blaziken as a tool. I don't see it as a friend at all; it's there simply to help me win battles. I feel kinda bad about that. =/
You know what? Unless they give Treecko an amazing-looking evolution, I will catch a Ralts on Route 102 and roll with it.

I was never much of a fan of Gen III starters (or most starters, in general).

Or if possible early in the games, I might transfer a Fennekin/Fennekin egg and start the game with my favorite Pokémon line.
Hadn't thought of those to be honest and I like those ideas. Yeah if I can trade early on, I may say "Slag this noise" and send over a Golett egg. That way, I'll have a Golett as my starter.

I'm so conflicted about this choice. I LOVE Mudkip and his evolutionary line, but if I choose him, regardless of which version I get, I'll double types on my team - ground because of Groudon in Ruby and water because of Kyogre in sapphire. I really don't have much interest in the other two starters, but I've never used either. I'm just not a fan of their evolutionary lines. I may let the eventual megas decide for me.

Also, a water/fairy Mega Milotic could totally sway me to try one of the others. I could go with Ruby and nothing would get doubled.

On my first run I will choose Mudkip and keep it on my team... many other times I buy the game I will also choose Mudkip but replace it after a while - depending on the team I'm playing.

Treecko is OK I might choose him/her but won't keep long, once I have 6 Pokemon and a 7th I like I get to catch it will replace starter.

and will never choose Torchic (just hate it's design and same with it's evo's).

I just can't ever bring myself to replace my starter. It takes so much out of it for me. I'm also a sucker for keeping the legend on my team, as opposed to boxing it.

I'm going with Treeko, so I can evolve it into Grovyle and keep it that way, unless the Mega is somehow more appealing when it gets revealed. I love the design, and Mystery Dungeon really made me take a liking to him, especially when he got voiced by Dan Green in the promo. Sceptile never clicked with me as much.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom