• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Hoenn starter will you choose?

Which Hoenn starter will you choose?

• Total voters
I think I am going to pick Mudkip in whichever version I play first, and Torchik in the other. I like Treecko just fine but for some reason I hardly ever pick the grass starters, or have a grass pokemon on my team for that matter.

Mudkip. I must honor my second starter Pokemon, a Jolly-natured Swampert I named Hefish. Ha... I don't know what 8-year-old me was thinking at the time. Although I'd be fine with any of the 3. Torchic becomes an OP blaze-kick hazard, and Treecko's evo line is best in grass-type starters if you ask me.

I'm not 100%, either Treecko or Mudkip. Was Treecko in actual gen 3 so maybe Mudkip this time.

Treecko for sure. Really hopin we get megas for Sceptile and Swampert in these games.

I'm choosing torchic since it was my first starter. I'll also be doing a lot of SRing to get a female.

Being a meme fan, I'm going for teh Mudkipz. Plus the STAB Earthquake and Water moves are a plus.

I don't know who I'll choose. More than likely Treecko or Mudkip. But I really, really want a Ludicolo, and I hate to repeat types, so we'll have to see. I may just make an impulse decision when the time calls.

I was Team Treecko back in G3 Emerald (she happened to be female, too) ... and I don't see any reason that should change.

Treecko all the way! I'll always imagine him as this cool, badass Pokémon like the one from Ash's team in the anime. So cool. :')

I'll be choosing my original first, Mudkip! Buuut when I get the other game as well (I want both versions, lol) I'll most likely pick Treecko :'3

Mudkip. That was my first starter and it will get the honour once again. On the other one it'll be Treecko because a) it's good against the first gym unlike Torchic and b) I had my fill of Blaziken after XY's promotional one.

You know what? Unless they give Treecko an amazing-looking evolution, I will catch a Ralts on Route 102 and roll with it.

I was never much of a fan of Gen III starters (or most starters, in general).

Or if possible early in the games, I might transfer a Fennekin/Fennekin egg and start the game with my favorite Pokémon line.

When I first played the original Ruby version for my GBA (I played my first game as May cause of watching the anime, BTW), I picked Treecko as my starter cause I found him rather appealing. He's still probably one of my favorite Hoenn starters, but I soon realized that I would want Torchic as well because of how awesome Blaziken is.

Anyway, for the remakes I'd probably start with Torchic since I'm sure I've missed out on X & Y's Torchic giveaway by now, and Blaziken is the only Gen 3 starter so far with a confirmed Mega Evolution. But that depends on if they're going to introduce Mega Evolutions for Sceptile and Swampert as well, and if they do I guess I would have to go with which Mega Evolution I find most appealing.

Torchic is definitely my first choice and Mudkip for the other game. So I guess this means I'll have to get both.

Mudkip!! It was my very first starter, and I'd like to honor it again here.

Hm, it's a fight between Treecko and Mudkip. 'Cuz everyone leiks Mudkips. *Is shot* Or I might just use some random Pokémon instead of a starter, which might be cool. Or maybe I'll try the WonderTrade challenge. I've always liked Treecko too, mostly because I like Grass types, and it's speed is nice.
I used to like Torchic, but after I realized how overrated it was, I started disliking it. I hated it even more after I saw that Game Freak favored it too much, and how only it got a Mega. And it's the starter that started the Fire/Fighting trend -.-.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom