• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Hoenn starter will you choose?

Which Hoenn starter will you choose?

• Total voters
Either Mudkip is universally the most popular or its Mega Evolution has really boosted its acclaim.

Both. Lol.

Which actually disappoints me a little. Mudkip's been for choice since it existed, and I loved it before it got popular. I generally don't like being in the majority crowd, but I was Team Mudkip first and I'm staying XD

Well, I never really liek'd the Mudkip line, and I like a lot of the other Water Pokemon better (like Wailord and Crawdaunt and Milotic), but those come way later in the game, and you can get a hilariously silly Mega pretty early on.

I kind of like Sceptile the most, but then I'd lose out on MegaTropius.

Blaziken was the very first starter I used in Sapphire (the first game I had bought instead of passed down), and I still remember my "What the hell is that thing?" when I first heard and saw it evolve. But on the other hand, I have a Mega-Blaziken in my X Y game, and quite frankly I think it's Mega looks hideous.

I guess I'm going to wait to see what Mega's and what new Pokemon if any are available, but until then ... it's probably Mega-Steroids or Mega-Sceptile. Or Mega-Blaziken. I dunno ;_; The grass is always greener (except for Chesnaught).

Not quite sure why Nintendo/Game Freak have done this. They already handed out Torchic complete with Mega Stone, so obviously a lot less people are going to pick it than would have other wise!

Could be an accessibility thing. Anyone who wasn't able to get it for what ever reason will now have access to it with the only condition, presumedly, being that one chooses Torchic.

For me it has to be torchic because of the sheer move coverage that blaziken has. Also my first pokemon in Ruby a female named Pele

Since I chose Mudkip in Emerald I think I'm going to go with Treecko this time around in AlphaSapphire. Plus, imho, Swampert's Mega-Evo looks like it's on steriods...

Mudkip Mudkip Mudkip MUDKIP!

Seriously, why would ANYONE go Torchic? That's just dumb after the special event.

And Treecko is a viable option (might choose him for my AS playthrough) but he is only popular now because he gets to become a dragon.

Definitely gonna pick Mudkip - I just keep picking the Water-type starters :)

His Mega Evolution is pretty awesome too, so, an added bonus!

Since I picked Mudkip on my original Emerald version way back when I was a child, I think I'm gonna give Treecko a shot this time around. Especially since I already got the event torchic from X/Y. I think I'm gonna transfer my original Swampert from my Emerald version (along with some other guys from my childhood) to my AS when the main game is done so that everything can come full circle.

Seriously, why would ANYONE go Torchic? That's just dumb after the special event.
Not everyone got their copy of X/Y before the event finished and for others ORAS will be their first game or return to the series.

Since I chose Mudkip in Emerald I think I'm going to go with Treecko this time around in AlphaSapphire. Plus, imho, Swampert's Mega-Evo looks like it's on steriods...
Probably right, I don't recall seeing Mega Swampert participate at the Olympics :p

And Treecko is a viable option (might choose him for my AS playthrough) but he is only popular now because he gets to become a dragon.

Because it's not like anyone can actually like Torchic or want to use it in the Hoenn story, perhaps like they did in the originals. Ever thought some people might not even like the other two? Or even didn't get the Event Torchic? I don't get why everyone keeps wondering why people are picking Torchic just because they probably may already have one. Why can't they use what they want?

And I'm fairly certain all of the Hoenn starters have had a good deal of popularity. Sceptile was highly popular before he was a Dragon.

Because it's not like anyone can actually like Torchic or want to use it in the Hoenn story, perhaps like they did in the originals. Ever thought some people might not even like the other two? Or even didn't get the Event Torchic? I don't get why everyone keeps wondering why people are picking Torchic just because they probably may already have one. Why can't they use what they want?

And I'm fairly certain all of the Hoenn starters have had a good deal of popularity. Sceptile was highly popular before he was a Dragon.

sceptile was very popular before he was a dragon i used sceptile ALOT when i played emerald almost everytime i played it i picked treeko recently i started leaning more towards swampert but scpetiles mega deisgn alone reawakens my love for sceptile the dragon typing helps though :p

Because I assumed that the remakes were coming eventually so I purposely ignored my torchic so that I could use it in the remakes because that was my starter in the originals? Also, I picked Fennekin as my starter, therefore I had no need for another fire type on my team so even in the event that I wasn't going to pick torchic as my starter the torchic would have been useless anyways?

Seriously, it isn't that weird to use a Pokemon that was previously available. Besides, I don't have strong likings towards the other two megas anyways. Sceptile's is pretty cool, but I would prefer having a different grass type and I really dislike Swamperts.

This is hard since I replayed Hoenn so many times that every starter has special meaning. But since I just got a torchic, and I have 2 Swamperts already sent up, I'll prob choose treecko

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom