• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Hoenn starter will you choose?

Which Hoenn starter will you choose?

• Total voters
Mudkip, purely based on nostalgia because he was my first starter. And Swampert's mega evolution looks really badass!

Going with Treecko because Mega Sceptile looks really cool, that and Treecko was always my favorite out of the three anyway.

I'll choose Torchic because it's a Fire type and I think its evolutions are cool. I also like Mega Blaziken.

Torchic, I guess. Although I might go with Treecko instead because I'm rather indifferent to the Torchic I'll receive as a starter, as Speed Boost Blaziken >>> Blaze Blaziken, and I doubt Speed Boost Torchic will be accessible early on in the game.

But for now, Torchic's the plan.

Torchic, I guess. Although I might go with Treecko instead because I'm rather indifferent to the Torchic I'll receive as a starter, as Speed Boost Blaziken >>> Blaze Blaziken, and I doubt Speed Boost Torchic will be accessible early on in the game.

But for now, Torchic's the plan.

I plan on breeding a Speed Boost Torchic and transferring it to Pokemon ORAS, assuming we'll be able to trade hopefully early on.

I know I said I'll pick Treecko earlier but now a small part of me wants to get Blaziken. Thing is I already have the event Blaziken so getting him again in Omega Ruby would just be redundant. Eh, maybe I'll just transfer my hidden ability torchic over from Bank so that I'll have a solid fire type on my team.

Last edited:
I'm also choosing Treecko since he's my original Sapphire starter ^ ^
And Mega Sceptile is really cool too *u*

Going with Swampert for sure, since it's my favorite of the trio. As for the other one (getting both versions), uh, still not sure.

I'm probably going to go with Treeko like I did in Sapphire. Maybe on a replay of the game I'll choose Mudkip since I like his mega.

Since Swampert happens to be my favourite, I will pick Mudkip as my starter. It was my starter for both Ruby and Emerald.

I'm going to get AlphaSapphire first (Sapphire was the first video game I ever bought for myself :'D) and will play with my original starter, Torchic, to experience the full nostalgia.

If and when I get OR, I'll be using Mudkip since it's the only starter I never made it through a full play through of RSE with.

it is said that maybe it's possible to get the johto starters in oras... what do you think about it??

Starter choice?

When I first played Sappphire, i began with Torchic, because it looked cute. I later realized how awsome it was when it became Blaziken. I might just re-choose Torchic for the nostalgia, adding yet another one to my collection of many Torchics and evos.

I would pick Treecko, but I have this thing called an older sister, who is gonna make me share the game with her or suffer the consequences. And she is obsessed with Swampert, who I admit, is cool, but can we please pick Treecko? I love the little grass guy, and mega Sceptile is by far the coolest of the mega Hoenn starters. And I have a perfectly nice shiny Swampert in X that I can just transfer... somehow.

I'm planning to use all of them. But Torchic will be my permanent choice. Blaziken is my all-time favourite among starters. But I keep my mind open because I haven't given up on Swampert's mega stats. If it gets a decent speed and any type of attack boost, it'll have a chance to be the better call.

Edit: If we'll get Johto starters in the game somehow, I'll probably pick Mudkip because Typhlosion is the only worthy fully-evolved Johto starter. (and sure it'd be idiotic thing to do, picking both starters from the exact type)

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom