• Saph continues his journey through Galar...or does he? Watch here to see if he ever realizes he hasn't taken down the Starting Soon screen.
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters! Click here to check out the event and sign up!

Contest: Which is better? Black City or White Forest

Black City or White Forest?

• Black City

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • White Forest

Votes: 34 56.7%

• Total voters
Got Pokemon Black!!
Reaction score
So what do you guys think is better? Black City or White Forest. I personally like Black City because of the trainers and items you can buy there.

Doesn't like your writing
Reaction score
Honestly? Black City. I actually kind of regret getting white instead, because there is very little re-battling of trainers you can actually do outside it.

Keep moving forward
Reaction score
Black City, because you can buy a lot of items there (Evolution stones and heart scales) that are very hard to get in White.

Doing it for the lulz
Reaction score
The only thing I didn't like about buying White was missing out on Black City. (The white version exclusives are far cooler, though. ;D)

Reaction score
Meh, I like my forest. I can always wait for Entralink to start up and go to my friends' Black City and lol around then :p

:D
Reaction score
White Forest, because there's a bunch of Pokemon you can get there that you can't get in Black (after you visit your friend's entralink and invite some people over).

Load of Belloni
Reaction score
Black City, because it's offering of rare items is ultimately more useful.
Catching pokemon is fine and dandy, but the thing is...I've...got all of them on previous games anyway. And with the Black City trainer battles, that allows me to simply GTS a bunch of fully evolved monsters who I could use for eggs :/

Take me for the walk
Reaction score
White Forest, because it's a forest. They may be rare items you get in Black City, but it's still possible to get them in White.

<FONT FACE=”vivaldi”>Boo.</FONT FACE>
Reaction score
White Forest looks amazing, and allows players to catch Pokémon that they normally couldn't find.

Reaction score
I like Black City better. I'm more of a trainer than a collector. I always just want really strong pokemon. I mainly focus on battling rather than the pokedex. That's my only regret about getting White. There's not really a great way to train your pokemon. Don't get me wrong, I still like White Forest. I like it because I can catch old pokemon and level them up for battles. I still need to find that damn Elekid.

Cheers to the Freeze
Reaction score
White Forest, because it's a forest. They may be rare items you get in Black City, but it's still possible to get them in White.
Not all of them.

Black City, by far. The elimination of the 6-figure wallet makes Black City's potential finances all the more beneficial, and getting the overpriced items is far easier when you have trainers you can rebattle (especially with the Rich Boy, Lady, and Vet on the field; I have both the Lady and the Veteran, which is an extra 20,000 with the amulet coin each day, on top of the other trainers and the Boss's 10,000 for beatting the approx. trainers).

Offline for a while
Reaction score
White Forest. I love the scenery, and you can find very rare Pokemon and items. The only bad thing is that there is no one to battle, besides those two in the house, but you only battle them once. :/

Take me away from here...
Reaction score
Black City.
I don't like catching many pokémon, so White Forest is pointless to me.

Calvin Klein?
Reaction score
Black city because when you have all 493 from Gen4, who needs White Forest? The scenery is better in White, stupid building

Box

Reaction score
In my opinion, Black City.
Even though.. I don't really have an opinion of Black City or White Forest. Black City for me because I get to train all my pokemon with all these trainers and it makes me laugh that prices they have at the stores. White forest is good too because I like catching pokemon. For White Forest, whats funny is that whenever I go in the bushes, I encounter a pokemon and I throw the pokeball at the level 5, and it doesn't catch it! it sort of amazes me.

Pimp Bird
Reaction score
White Forest is more visually appealing to me. Plus, it is so much easier to >Not< have to ship over a million and a half other species of Pokemon from my other games! XD

remember me
Reaction score
Black City. Considering BW's pitiful post-Elite Four game, more trainers to battle are needed. Plus, being able to actually buy stones? :D
White Forest would be useful if it weren't such a chore to Entralink.

Queenly Majesty
Reaction score
I have Black, and I like the Black City, but I'm a bit confused...and disappointed. I don't really think the trainers are that tough? The only ones I have (about 10) have Pokemon ranging from 20-50 at the highest. Really not that great for training (so I just do the Elite Four over and over, or Cynthia or Cheren).
Do you have to exchange over the wifi thing with someone with White to get stronger trainers?

Anyway, as of now I voted for White Forest because I like it's peaceful design and some of the cool Pokemon you can catch (porygon). But I might change my mind.