• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Which is better? Black City or White Forest

Advanceshipper #1

Got Pokemon Black!!
Reaction score
So what do you guys think is better? Black City or White Forest. I personally like Black City because of the trainers and items you can buy there.

Honestly? Black City. I actually kind of regret getting white instead, because there is very little re-battling of trainers you can actually do outside it.

Black City, because you can buy a lot of items there (Evolution stones and heart scales) that are very hard to get in White.

The only thing I didn't like about buying White was missing out on Black City. (The white version exclusives are far cooler, though. ;D)

Meh, I like my forest. I can always wait for Entralink to start up and go to my friends' Black City and lol around then :p

White Forest, because there's a bunch of Pokemon you can get there that you can't get in Black (after you visit your friend's entralink and invite some people over).

Black City, because it's offering of rare items is ultimately more useful.
Catching pokemon is fine and dandy, but the thing is...I've...got all of them on previous games anyway. And with the Black City trainer battles, that allows me to simply GTS a bunch of fully evolved monsters who I could use for eggs :/

White Forest, because it's a forest. They may be rare items you get in Black City, but it's still possible to get them in White.

White Forest looks amazing, and allows players to catch Pokémon that they normally couldn't find.

I like Black City better. I'm more of a trainer than a collector. I always just want really strong pokemon. I mainly focus on battling rather than the pokedex. That's my only regret about getting White. There's not really a great way to train your pokemon. Don't get me wrong, I still like White Forest. I like it because I can catch old pokemon and level them up for battles. I still need to find that damn Elekid.

White Forest, because it's a forest. They may be rare items you get in Black City, but it's still possible to get them in White.
Not all of them.

Black City, by far. The elimination of the 6-figure wallet makes Black City's potential finances all the more beneficial, and getting the overpriced items is far easier when you have trainers you can rebattle (especially with the Rich Boy, Lady, and Vet on the field; I have both the Lady and the Veteran, which is an extra 20,000 with the amulet coin each day, on top of the other trainers and the Boss's 10,000 for beatting the approx. trainers).

White Forest. I love the scenery, and you can find very rare Pokemon and items. The only bad thing is that there is no one to battle, besides those two in the house, but you only battle them once. :/

Black City.
I don't like catching many pokémon, so White Forest is pointless to me.

Black city because when you have all 493 from Gen4, who needs White Forest? The scenery is better in White, stupid building

In my opinion, Black City.
Even though.. I don't really have an opinion of Black City or White Forest. Black City for me because I get to train all my pokemon with all these trainers and it makes me laugh that prices they have at the stores. White forest is good too because I like catching pokemon. For White Forest, whats funny is that whenever I go in the bushes, I encounter a pokemon and I throw the pokeball at the level 5, and it doesn't catch it! it sort of amazes me.

White Forest is more visually appealing to me. Plus, it is so much easier to >Not< have to ship over a million and a half other species of Pokemon from my other games! XD

Black City. Considering BW's pitiful post-Elite Four game, more trainers to battle are needed. Plus, being able to actually buy stones? :D
White Forest would be useful if it weren't such a chore to Entralink.

I have Black, and I like the Black City, but I'm a bit confused...and disappointed. I don't really think the trainers are that tough? The only ones I have (about 10) have Pokemon ranging from 20-50 at the highest. Really not that great for training (so I just do the Elite Four over and over, or Cynthia or Cheren).
Do you have to exchange over the wifi thing with someone with White to get stronger trainers?

Anyway, as of now I voted for White Forest because I like it's peaceful design and some of the cool Pokemon you can catch (porygon). But I might change my mind.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom