• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which is your favourite Pokémon of each Elemental Type?

Boss1708

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Which is your favourite Pokémon of each elemental type? You may also explain what is it about its design that you find appealing.

Hard mode: you can only list each Pokémon once. You cannot list a dual type Pokémon as your favourite in two different types.

Normal: Sawsbuck

Fire: Charizard

Water: Gyarados

Electric: Pikachu

Grass: Sceptile

Fighting: Gallade

Ice: Sneasel

Poison: Dragalge

Ground: Gabite

Flying: Staraptor

Bug: Galvantula

Psychic: Lugia

Rock: Lairon

Ghost: Haunter

Dragon: Salamence

Dark: Krookodile

Steel: Metagross

Fairy: Grandbull

Last edited:
I could have sworn that there was a thread like this in the general forum.

Normal: Porygon2

Fire: Flareon

Water: Suicune

Electric: Ampharos

Grass: Bayleef

Fighting: Mienfoo

Ice: Lapras

Poison: Vileplume

Ground: Marowak

Flying: Ho-Oh

Bug: Butterfree

Psychic: Espeon

Rock: Kabutops

Ghost: Mimikyu

Dragon: Dragonair

Dark: Umbreon

Steel: Alolan Sandshrew

Fairy: Alolan Ninetales

Normal: Slaking
Fire: Camerupt/Mega Camerupt
Water: Feraligatr
Electric: Zapdos
Grass: Venusaur/Mega Venusaur
Fighting: Blaziken/Mega Blaziken
Ice: Glaceon
Poison: Seviper
Ground: Mamoswine
Flying: Pidgeot/Mega Pidgeot
Bug: Vikavolt
Psychic: Reuniclus
Rock: Regirock
Ghost: Froslass
Dragon: Salamence/Mega Salamence
Dark: Weavile
Steel: Bronzong
Fairy: Togekiss

I'm glad that a bunch of my favorite Poison-types are dual-typed so I could put several of them up on this list.

Normal: Furret
Fire: Chandelure
Water: Primarina
Electric: Luxray
Grass: Gloom
Ice: Froslass
Poison: Swalot
Ground: Nidoking
Flying: Crobat
Bug: Leavanny
Psychic: Jirachi
Rock: Aurorus
Ghost: Mismagius
Dragon: Dragalge
Dark: Absol
Steel: Aron
Fairy: Florges

Normal: Staraptor
Water: Wooper
Electric: Magnezone
Grass: Oddish
Ice: Froslass
Poison: Swalot
Ground: Dugtrio
Flying: Drifloon
Bug: Scizor
Psychic: Metagross
Rock: Barbaracle
Ghost: Mismagius
Dragon: Hydreigon
Dark: Drapion
Steel: Aegislash
Fairy: Mimikyu
Fighting: Gallade

This list was harder to make than I thought it would be :/

Last edited:
Normal: Sentret
Fire: Charmander
Water: Oshawott
Electric: Mareep
Grass: Chespin
Fighting: Lucario
Ice: Lapras
Poison: Arbok
Ground: Quagsire
Flying: Noctowl
Bug: Caterpie
Psychic: Mew
Rock: Lycanroc
Ghost: Gastly
Dragon: Dragonair
Dark: Houndoom
Steel: Empoleon
Fairy: Togekiss

Normal: Porygon2
Water: Omastar
Electric: Magneton
Grass: Tangrowth
Fighting: Hitmonlee
Ice: Regice
Poison: Vileplume
Ground: Claydol
Flying: Masquerain
Bug: Venomoth
Psychic: Starmie
Rock: Lunatone
Ghost: Mimikyu
Dragon: Latias
Dark: Cacturne
Steel: Jirachi
Fairy: Gardevoir

Normal: Lillipup
Fire: Ponyta
Water: Samurott
Electric: Zebstrika
Grass: Sawsbuck
Ice: Alolan Vulpix
Poison: I've got nothing. Sorry.
Ground: Cubone
Flying: Fletchling
Bug: Caterpie
Psychic: Natu
Rock: Lycanroc (day/dusk forms)
Ghost: Alolan Marowak
Dragon: Tyrantrum
Dark: Houndoom
Steel: Aegislash?
Fairy: Sylveon

Dragon: Kyurem

Fire: Reshiram

Electric: Zekrom

Steel: Dialga

Water: Palkia

Ghost: Giratina

Ground: Zygarde

Psychic: Necrozma

Rest of the types: Arceus

favoritos.png

I also love Teddiursa, but there wasn't enough room for another Normal-type.
Also, Zygarde core is the best.

Most of my list consists of Pokemon that I think are either super cute, or really happy. Sometimes both. A select few is because of how cool they look. Also, you can choose to ignore the ramblings as to why I like these Pokemon so much.

Bug: Ribombee
It's super cute and a little underrated. I love the scarf thing around its neck. It's also one of my dream shinies!

Dark: Incineroar
When the starters for Alola were first revealed, I liked Litten a lot. But I wanted to wait until its evolution was revealed before I made my final decision, and I wasn't disappointed. This guy reminds me of a Disney/Don Bluth villain and I love it!

Dragon: Noivern
Bat wyvern! Of course I love this thing! I also appreciate the colour choice. Purple and green, with a black body goes so well together.

Electric: Helioptile
This little guy is so cute. He's a happy, little electric lizard. Its evolution is alright, but I love Helioptile a little more.

Fairy: Primarina
Of all the things Popplio could evolve into, I least expected a seal/mermaid. It actually works. So much, that I had a hard time picking between Primarina and Incineroar when the games first came out.

Fighting: Hitmontop
I really don't know why I love Hitmontop so much. It's so silly but kind of adorable. Plus, it has the best 3D animations. Seriously watch this thing fight, it's sort of hypnotizing.

Fire: Delphox
Greninja used to be my favourite Kalos starter, but then I gave Delphox a shot and I loved using it. The wizard inspiration is really cool. And I'm slowly realizing that I'm falling in love with the Psychic type.

Flying: Swoobat
Crobat used to be my favourite bat, but Swoobat slowly crept up to be one of my favourites. It's so cute and fluffy, and I love its heart shaped nose!

Ghost: Gengar
Was a fan since Pokemon Yellow(My first Pokemon game), and still a fan of it. It's such a simple, yet effective design.

Grass: Meganium
A sentimental favourite of mine. I started with Chikorita when Pokemon Silver came out, and Meganium became the star of my team. Again, a simple but effective design (To me, anyways). The pink flower on its neck is cute, and I like the little antennas on its head.

Ground: Flygon
I don't know why, I just really like Flygon. It has a cool design, and it's my favourite Gen 3 Pokemon.

Ice: Alolan Ninetails
Not a huge fan of the Ice Type, so this one was hard. But I love Ninetails and making it into an Ice type made it cooler than it was already! (No pun intended)

Normal: Eevee
I know. Eevee is so overrated, and I think so as well. But every time I look at Eevee, I can't help but smile. It's just so darn cute!

Poison: Salazzle
Awesome fire type! Only Poison type I actually like. The pink and purple look so good with the black

Psychic: Mr. Mime
Another Pokemon that I'm not sure why I like so much. It's super silly, yet I can't help but adore it.

Rock: Aerodactyl
With all the fossil Pokemon that we have, Aerodactyl is still the best. Awesome design and one of the best Kanto Pokemon.

Steel: Bisharp
My favourite gen 5 Pokemon. Bisharp has a very solid design. I just wish Pawniard either had a middle evolution, or evolved into Bisharp sooner. This line is hard to train otherwise. Also, Bisharp has an amazing shiny. I Masuda Method one once, but I would like to full odds hunt it in Black and White soon.

Water: Vaporeon
Vaporeon has been my go to favourite Pokemon since the beginning. When I first played Pokemon Yellow, I ditched Pikachu for Vaporeon. (I'm sorry, Pikachu!) Its design is both cute and cool.

Normal: Bewear
Fire: Charizard
Water: Empoleon
Electric: Raichu
Grass: Sceptile
Ice: Kyurem
Poison: Gengar
Ground: Krookodile
Flying: Talonflame
Bug: Heracross
Psychic: Alakazam
Rock: Lycanroc
Ghost: Decidueye
Dragon: Garchomp
Dark: Incineroar
Steel: Metagross
Fairy: Mimikyu

Custom rule: No dual-types (basically just to make it easier on myself and because I'm curious to see what I end up with)

Normal - Lickitung
Fire - Charmander
Water - Milotic
Grass - Leafeon
Electric - Xurkitree
Ice - Alolan Vulpix
Fighting - Pancham
Poison - Garbodor
Ground - Trapinch
Flying - Therian Tornadus (not rich in options here but I do like this one)
Psychic - Mewtwo
Bug - Wurmple
Rock - Regirock
Ghost - Mismagius
Dragon - Druddigon
Dark - Darkrai
Steel - Meltan
Fairy - Xerneas

so many to pick from, good thing I have mine ready, I had made it long ago
D_mAHCIUYAUyUdB
those that know me will easily tell, Eevees are on there, favorite in each type
yep, I do prefer them over the other Pokemon - usually those won't change

also created a second without including the Vees

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom