• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which is your favourite Pokémon of each Elemental Type?

Just follow the link at the bottom of the template pics :)
Lol I should try zooming in more. Thank you :LOL:

EDIT: Here's mine, making sure not to double-post.

This was really difficult, actually. Especially for types like psychic, ghost, and bug. And grass. And I had to choose between Plusle and Luxray. Hard choices.

Last edited:
Normal: Zangoose
Fighting: Gallade
Flying: Staraptor
Water: Starmie
Electric: Jolteon
Fire: Arcanine
Grass: Roserade
Ice: Weavile
Steel: Skarmory
Rock: Aurorus
Ground: Sandslash
Ghost: Gengar
Dark: Absol
Psychic: Sigilyph
Poison: Nidoking
Fairy: Togekiss
Bug: Scizor
Dragon: Salamence

Oh, this looks fun!

Grass: Lurantis
Fire: Torracat (this does tend to switch back and forth a lot between Torracat and Typhlosion)
Water: Dewgong
Normal: Glameow
Electric: Luxray
Psychic: Espeon
Fighting: Passimian
Rock: Lycanroc
Ground: Mudsdale
Flying: Pidgeot
Bug: Ribombee
Poison: Venusaur
Dark: Weavile
Ghost: Froslass
Ice: Alolan Vulpix
Steel: Jirachi
Dragon: Mega Ampharos
Fairy: Mimikyu

My faves (For now, it can change upon Sword and Shield)

Grass: Torterra
Fire: Talonflame
Water: Blastoise
Normal: Tauros
Flying: Noivern
Bug: Leavanny
Poison: Drapion
Rock: Lycanrock
Ground: Mudsdale
Fairy: Primarina
Steel: Aggron
Dark: Bisharp
Electric: Electivire
Ghost: Aegislash
Ice Ice Baby: Glalie
Fighting: Mienshao
Dragon: Turtonator

Mine is by far the weridest here, but whatever.

Reasonings:
Serperior: Absolutely awesome, first Pokemon I ever had, I first owned Pokemon Black, and White 2. Favorite overall.
Ninetales: Mysterious, love its shiny.
Slowbro: Dopey as heck, love its mega (it's absolutely hilarious)
Dunsparce: I swear, it's gonna evolve, so I love it.
Manectric: In my top 3 favorite. I love its mega, and I've always wanted a dog.
Beeheyem: It deserves more love. Btw if you wanna come I'm getting one on September 20 XD! I also used it on my original black team.
Toxicroak: I love how Looker has a croagunk! It made me love it.
Gigalith: Absolutely love its shiny.
Sandslash: I love mice.
Unfezant: The second pokemon I ever owned.
Parasect: It's a zombie crab. You couldn't get more perfect.
Garbodor: A member of my original Black team.
Hydreigon: Another member of that team.
Mega Banette: I love it. I like to call it "Banette Unzipped".
Vanillite: I used one on my original playthrough.
Alolan Sandslash: It reminds me of sonic.
Rayquaza: Purely because of pokemon talk. PuReLy.
Wigglytuff: I love how it was gonna be called "Custard".

Last edited:
Also nicknames for this one

Normal: Furret(fluffeh)
Fire: Charizard(Chizzard)
Water: Omanyte(the rock)
Grass: BULBASAUR MASTER RACE(Saur)
Electric: Jolteon(sparky boi)
Ice: Spheal(Cold ball)
Fighting: Lucario(
Poison: Garbodor(Ur Trash)(Lynch me if you will I love it)
Ground: Dugtrio(Quicc mole)
Flying: Staraptor(Birb)
Psychic: Espeon(day)
Bug: Beedrill(SWED)(im sorry it was 2014 I was a child)
Ghost: Decidueye(Ball)
Dragon: Goomy(gooey)
Dark: Weavile(Slicey boi)
Steel: Aggron(AAAAAA)
Fairy: Azumarill(Fatty)

It's hard for me to choose just one Pokemon per type because there's some types I like a lot of Pokemon in, so I just chose the first one that spoke to me for each one.

Normal: Eevee
Fire: Charmander
Water: Milotic
Electric: Mareep
Grass: Skiddo
Fighting: Keldeo
Ice: Articuno
Poison: Roselia
Ground: Diggersby
Flying: Altaria
Bug: Vivillon
Psychic: Meowstic
Rock: Rockruff
Ghost: Mismagius
Dragon: Dragonite
Dark: Absol
Fairy: Sylveon

Eeeh, some of these were really hard but I finally decided to upload mine before SwSh comes out and changes things. So, excluding any Gen 8 Pokemon, here are my favorite Pokemon of each type (or at least as close as I can)

Grass: I know I said Mega Sceptile was my favorite Grass type in a different thread but after playing on Pokemon Y, Venusaur's taken the top spot. I also tend to like the Bulbasaur line more as a whole whereas the Sceptile line is weakened by me not liking Treecko as much as I do other base starters. Still Mega Sceptile gives it a lot of competition along with Deerling, Serperior, Leafeon, and Roselia.

Fire: Fennekin no contest! I've been in love with this cute little firefox from the moment it got revealed and my love for it has not shrunk at all (even if I'm not as fond of it's evolutions). Other Fire types that could possibly overtake it's spot are the Growlithe line, the Quilava line, and Vulpix.

Water: When the Alolan starters were first revealed, I remember being in the getting used to them stage when I first found out about the Popplio hate. Since it was my favorite of them, it really shocked me and I'm certain it had an impact on my attachment to this Starter line. The idea of a little guy hated upon until they grow to be more than anyone expected them to be is really beautiful and inspiring in a way. When I picked Popplio in Moon, she never let me down. From the moment she was picked to her taking on the League as a Primarina, she was a Pokemon I could always rely on and always gave every battle her all, rarely ever going down (which is more than I can say for my Decidueye in Ultra Moon). Primarina's design is beautiful, it's powerful in battle, it's great in the anime, her song in the Japanese version is reminiscent of Lugia's song in Pokemon 2000 (the song of the Beast of the Seas and one of my favorite Legendaries), it's line has a story of rising up against the odds, and Popplio's song "In Your Spotlight" never fails to hit me in the feels. All in all, definitely my favorite Water type and I don't see that changing anytime soon (although School form Wishiwashi and Samurott are awesome too)

Normal: Kind of obvious from a TRio fangirl but I love this determined kitty so much! He may not be the most colorful, best designed, cool, or most powerful kitty in the Pokemon World but he's special to me.

Electric: Honestly I probably would've put Joltik for my favorite Electric type but the image for it didn't do it justice so I went with it's evolved form which, while not as cute and extremely tiny, is pretty awesome as well. Who could say no to an Electric spider that gave us Electroweb? Other extremely close Electric types are Vikavolt, Helioptile, Eelektross, Jolteon, and both Raichus.

Psychic: Honestly I have a feeling this is going to change with Gen 8 and the Galarian Ponyta line since I haven't really had a definitive favorite Psychic type as some of my other choices but Girafarig is seriously cute and deserves a lot more love! I think the Normal/Psychic typing is pretty cool (RIP to Ghost types out there). Other Pokemon that came close to getting into this spot are Swoobat, Lugia, Lunala, and Wobbuffet.

Fighting: Bewear/Stufful. While these two compete frequently with each other for the top spot (Bewear for anime influence, Stufful for game influences and being so cute), they pretty much own this spot. The only two even close to getting this spot are Hitmontop and Gallade and there's still a pretty good gap between the bears and them.

Rock: Lycanroc, Dusk to be exact. Rockruff is extremely cute and the fact that it evolves into three awesome wolves is, well, awesome! While I'm also very fond of Midday Lycanroc for how it captures the essence of a wolf, Dusk Lycanroc is my favorite for it's striking orange fur and beautiful green eyes. Sudowoodo, Archeops, Tyrantrum, and Amaura are pretty cool too.

Ground: Mudsdale. I've used one on both my Pokemon Moon and Ultra Moon teams and they never disappointed me. They were some of my most reliable Pokemon in both playthroughs and I love Mudsdale for it. Also we get another horse after several generations of only having the Ponyta line and, more recently, the Blitzle line and it’s a powerful one too. I only wish it were a bit more expressive in Refresh and in the anime and it looked better in the picture above. After using one in AlphaSapphire, Camerupt came pretty close to entering the spot and I'm really fond of the Sandslash line too and Flygon also got really close to being in this spot.

Flying: Lots of Pokemon to choose from in this typing, really one of the more competitive spots. I ended up choosing Fletchinder for this spot because it and Fletchling are some of my favorite regional birds and definitely the cutest next to Pikipek and Trumbeak. They're pretty impressive in battle too. Talonflame isn't too shabby either, I'm happy to have finally gotten a Pokemon based around a peregrine falcon. Other Pokemon that got really close to being in this spot were Yanmega, Noivern, Lugia, and Articuno.

Bug: Yanmega for sure! I just love it's design, I loved Jessie's in the anime, and it has my favorite Shiny. While it was my definitive favorite for sure, Vikavolt, Mega Beedrill, Galvantula, Scolipede, and Dustox gave it some competition.

Poison: This was the hardest to choose! Poison has a lot of good Pokemon that I love and I've watched this spot alternate between Alolan Muk, Mega Beedrill, Salandit, Venusaur, Arbok, even Scolipede and Dustox once.

Dark: Inkay's just so cute, how can you not like that adorable little squiddo. I used one in Ultra Moon and he proved to be a very valuable member of the team especially when it came to Ultra Necrozma. Also
tumblr_oay5bc3Gdo1v8o3mko1_500.gif
Purrloin and Liepard and Poochyena and Mightyena are really close favorites too.

Ghost: Mimikyu pretty much became a fan favorite upon release and I'm one of them. Not really a lot of competition for Mimikyu here but I'm also really fond of Aegislash, Froslass, and the Misdreavous line.

Ice: This was a bit of a hard choice but I went with Articuno as it's just a beautiful and majestic bird and I love it so much. It's one of my favorite Legendaries next to Xerneas, Lugia, and Suicune. Also I love it's ribbon tail. However Alolan Ninetails, Alolan Vulpix, and Froslass in particular gave it some fierce competition and Glaceon and Amaura are awesome and extremely cute/elegant as well.

Steel: Do you ever have that one Pokemon you have to catch in every game? Skarmory is that Pokemon for me. It has a really cool design and great in battle. I only wish it had better animations. It has pretty close competition with Aegislash and I have a feeling Corviknight's going to give Skarmory a run for it's money.

Dragon: Flygon. It got some competition from Mega Sceptile and Haxorus but Flygon is easily one of my favorite draconic designs from Pokemon and I've gotten lots of appreciation for it over the years, especially after using one for a fanfic.

Xerneas: Xerneas easily. I like other Fairy types such as Primarina, Mimikyu, Sylveon, Tapu Fini, and Clefairy but Xerneas is easily my favorite of the current Fairies. It's a majestic stag (which warms my Bambi/deer-loving heart) that gives life to everything around it, how can you not love that! I'm really excited to see what other Fairies Galar brings us. Alcremie has already become of my favorite Fairy types and I'm excited to see if it or anything else are able to surpass Xerneas for the top spot.
So there's my favorites of each type. This got pretty long but I enjoyed talking about them all.

Last edited:
Eeeh, some of these were really hard but I finally decided to upload mine before SwSh comes out and changes things. So, excluding any Gen 8 Pokemon, here are my favorite Pokemon of each type (or at least as close as I can)
View attachment 126890

Grass: I know I said Mega Sceptile was my favorite Grass type in a different thread but after playing on Pokemon Y, Venusaur's taken the top spot. I also tend to like the Bulbasaur line more as a whole whereas the Sceptile line is weakened by me not liking Treecko as much as I do other starters. Still Mega Sceptile gives it a lot of competition along with Deerling, Serperior, Leafeon, and Roselia.

Fire: Fennekin no contest! I've been in love with this cute little firefox from the moment it got revealed and my love for it has not shrunk at all (even if I'm not as fond of it's evolutions). Other Fire types that could possibly overtake it's spot are the Growlithe line, the Quilava line, and Vulpix.

Water: When the Alolan starters were first revealed, I remember being in the getting used to them stage when I first found out about the Popplio hate. Since it was my favorite of them, it really shocked me and I'm certain it had an impact on my attachment to this Starter line. The idea of a little guy hated upon until they grow to be more than anyone expected them to be is really beautiful and inspiring in a way. When I picked Popplio in Moon, she never let me down. From the moment she was picked to her taking on the League as a Primarina, she was a Pokemon I could always rely on and always gave every battle her all, rarely ever going down (which is more than I can say for my Decidueye in Ultra Moon). Primarina's design is beautiful, it's powerful in battle, it's great in the anime, her song in the Japanese version is reminiscent of Lugia's song in Pokemon 2000, it's line has a story of rising up against the odds, and Popplio's song "In Your Spotlight" never fails to hit me in the feels. All in all, definitely my favorite Water type and I don't see that changing anytime soon (although School form Wishiwashi and Samurott are awesome too)

Normal: Kind of obvious from a TRio fangirl but I love this determined kitty so much! He may not be the most colorful, best designed, cool, and powerful kitty in the Pokemon World but he's special to me.

Electric: Honestly I probably would've put Joltik for my favorite Electric type but the image for it didn't do it justice so I went with it's evolved form which, while not as cute and extremely tiny, is pretty awesome as well. Who could say no to an Electric spider that gave us Electroweb? Other extremely close Electric types are Vikavolt, Helioptile, Eelektross, Jolteon, and both Raichus.

Psychic: Honestly I have a feeling this is going to change with Gen 8 and the Galarian Ponyta line since I haven't really had a definitive favorite Psychic type as some of my other choices but Girafarig is seriously cute and deserves a lot more love! I think the Normal/Psychic typing is pretty cool (RIP to Ghost types out there). Other Pokemon that came close to getting into this spot are Swoobat, Lugia, Lunala, and Wobbuffet.

Fighting: Bewear/Stufful. While these two compete frequently with each other for the top spot (Bewear for anime influence, Stufful for game influences and being so cute), they pretty much own this spot. The only two even close to getting this spot are Hitmontop and Gallade and there's still a pretty good gap between the bears and them.

Rock: Lycanroc, Dusk to be exact. Rockruff is extremely cute and the fact that it evolves into three awesome wolves is, well, awesome! While I'm also very fond of Midday Lycanroc for how it captures the essence of a wolf, Dusk Lycanroc is my favorite for it's striking orange fur and beautiful green eyes. Sudowoodo, Archeops, Tyrantrum, and Amaura are pretty cool too.

Ground: Mudsdale. I've used one on both my Pokemon Moon and Ultra Moon teams and they never disappointed me. They were some of my most reliable Pokemon in both playthroughs and I love Mudsdale for it. Also we get another horse after several generations of only having the Ponyta line and, more recently, the Blitzle line. I only wish it were a bit more expressive in Refresh and in the anime and it looked better in the picture above. After using one in AlphaSapphire, Camerupt came pretty close to entering the spot and I'm really fond of the Sandslash line too and Flygon also got really close to being in this spot.

Flying: Lots of Pokemon to choose from in this typing, really one of the more competitive spots. I ended up choosing Fletchinder for this spot because it and Fletchling are some of my favorite regional birds and definitely the cutest next to Pikipek and Trumbeak. They're pretty impressive in battle too. Talonflame isn't too shabby either, I'm happy to have finally gotten a Pokemon based around a peregrine falcon. Other Pokemon that got really close to being in this spot were Yanmega, Noivern, Lugia, and Articuno.

Bug: Yanmega for sure! I just love it's design, I loved Jessie's in the anime, and it has my favorite Shiny. While it was my definitive favorite for sure, Vikavolt, Mega Beedrill, Galvantula, Scolipede, and Dustox gave it some competition.

Poison: This was the hardest to choose! Poison has a lot of good Pokemon that I love and I've watched this spot alternate between Alolan Muk, Mega Beedrill, Salandit, Venusaur, Arbok, Scolipede, even Dustox once.

Dark: Inkay's just so cute, how can you not like that adorable little squiddo. I used one in Ultra Moon and he proved to be a very valuable member of the team especially when it came to Ultra Necrozma. Also
tumblr_oay5bc3Gdo1v8o3mko1_500.gif
Purrloin and Liepard and Poochyena and Mightyena are really close favorites too.

Ghost: Mimikyu pretty much became a fan favorite upon release and I'm one of them. Not really a lot of competition for Mimikyu here but I'm also really fond of Aegislash, Froslass, and the Misdreavous line.

Ice: This was a bit of a hard choice but I went with Articuno as it's just a beautiful and majestic bird and I love it so much. It's one of my favorite Legendaries next to Xerneas, Lugia, and Suicune. Also I love it's ribbon tail. However Alolan Ninetails, Alolan Vulpix, Froslass, Glaceon, and Amaura gave it some good competition.

Steel: Do you ever have that one Pokemon you have to catch in every game? Skarmory is that Pokemon for me. It has a really cool design and great in battle. I only wish it had better animations. It has pretty close competition with Aegislash and I have a feeling Corviknight's going to give Skarmory a run for it's money.

Dragon: Flygon. It got some competition from Mega Sceptile and Haxorus but Flygon is easily one of my favorite draconic designs from Pokemon and I've gotten lots of appreciation for it over the years, especially after using one for a fanfic.

Xerneas: Xerneas easily. I like other Fairy types such as Primarina, Mimikyu, Sylveon, Tapu Fini, and Clefairy but Xerneas is easily my favorite of the current Fairies. It's a majestic stag (which warms my Bambi/deer-loving heart) that gives life to everything around it, how can you not love that! I'm really excited to see what other Fairies Galar brings us. Alcremie has already become of my favorite Fairy types and I'm excited to see if it or anything else are able to surpass Xerneas for the top spot.
So there's my favorites of each type. This got pretty long but I enjoyed talking about them all.
impeccable taste as always.

anyway, my list is updated now:

Note: Favorites are subject to change as Generation 8 looms ever closer on the horizon!

Normal: Meowth
I love cats. Meowth is top cat because it has the ability Pickup. I like the ability Pickup.
Fire: Delphox

Fire Fox Wizard. I repeat: FIRE. FOX. WIZARD. Also part of its name is probably based on "Delphi", as in the Oracle of Delphi the high priestess of the temple to the Greek god Apollo who people would come to to hear prophecies and words from the god. Apollo happens to be my favorite of the Greek gods. Also Delphox's shiny is RAD.
Fighting: Medicham

I just really like their design and typing. I wish its mega evolution had been made into an evolution instead.
Water: Primarina
I wasn't quite sold on Primarina's pre evolutions but it's such a pretty pokemon!
Flying: Honchkrow

I gave one of my OCs a big dumb Honchkrow named Murry. He's an over protective, cowardly boi who likes bread and will probably remove a hand if it tries to take his bread. The pokemon grew on me.
Grass: Jumpluff
ADORABLE FLYING PUFFBALL. Its line's original design had cat features. GAMEFREAK YOU COWARDS GIVE ME BACK MY GOLD SILVER PROTOTYPE DEMO CATS.
Poison: Nidos

I can't choose between the male and female lines. I love all of them they're really neat to me. Don't mess with my dino rabbits.
Electric: Zebstrika

I like shocky horse. Him looks so cool. I love you shocky horse.
Ground: Krookodile

I love how this guy looks. Big ol crocodile bandit boy. He looks dangerous.
Psychic:
Gallade Galarian Ponyta
How did Galarian Ponyta get here? I thought I brought out Gallade. Oh well. Pretty pony. Yes. Become prettier horse. Yes.
Rock: Aurorus

This is my favorite fossil pokemon its so pretty and elegant looking I don't care if it's weak to a bunch of things I want my pretty long neck dino.
Ice: Alolan Ninetales

Because I had an ice ninetales before it was cool. And mine was pink so it could have been a fairy. (Note that I didn't make a variant OC whatever I just made this sprite one day to fit my username).
Bug: Scolipede

BUG. HORSE. I WILL MAJESTICALLY RIDE INTO BATTLE. GO BUG HORSE GO.
Dragon: [Leaked New Pokemon]

[REDACTED]
Ghost: Gourgeist

I am Halloween trash. I love so many ghosts. But Gourgeist has pretty colors and is a pumpkin.
Dark: Sneasel

My sneaky ice weasel boi. I like this one for similar reasons to Honchkrow. Why does he gotta be found so late in the games he's in.
Steel: Bisharp

He looks super cool. Go Go sentai pointy bishop.
Fairy: Shiinotic

I like mushrooms, you guys. This one is pretty. If you remove its mouth on its design it looks really neat and less like Toad from Super Mario. And a lot less creepy! Though a lot of the Fae can be creepy in lore so...

Normal: Lillipup
Fire: Fennekin
Water: Popplio
Grass: Deerling
Electric: Pikachu
Bug: Butterfree
Flying: Swanna
Fairy: Togetic
Fighting: Mienfoo
Poison: Poipole
Ice: Alola Vulpix
Dragon: Latias
Ghost: Pumpkaboo
Dark: Weavile
Ground: Phanpy
Rock: Rockruff

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom