• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Which kind of Pokémon battle gameplay mechanic is your favorite?

Which Pokémon gameplay mechanic do you think is your favorite?

• Z-Move

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None Applicable

• Gigantamax Foms

• Regional Variants

• Total voters

thomaswiencek

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
What's happening, you guys? I know that all Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves are cut in Pokémon Sword and Shield and replaced by Dynamax transformations, Max Raid Battles and Max Moves for successor gameplay mechanic in these games. So which of these Pokémon battle gameplay mechanic is your favorite: 1. Mega Evolutions, 2. Z-Moves, 3. Dynamax Transformations, Max Raid Battles and Max Moves or 4. None Applicable? Why do you think? Please let me know. Thanks. ;)

Mega Evolution was cool. Sure, it had flaws; popular Pokemon being more likely to reap the benefits than Pokemon who need it, while Pokemon like Audino were screwed out proper evolutions that they desperately needed instead. But it was cool, dramatic, and I felt like it offered much more than the other two mechanics.

Z-Moves, I don't hate. They're much lamer than Megas, and the thrill wears off much more quickly, but they can be dramatic in their own way. And I like how every Pokemon has access to them, so any Pokemon could have their own special moment in battle. Hate the species-exclusive ones, though; they weren't anything interesting or worth hyping up, and the starters + Mimikyu got screwed over by not getting any special side effects to go along with their nukes.

Dynamax is just a shared hallucination brought on by mass hysteria, so let's never speak of it again.

Mega Evolution is the best and its only failing was that they didn't go through and give it to all the fully evolved Pokemon.

I honestly would've taken 2 generations of about 20 new Pokemon in each game so long as every fully evolved Pokemon got one.

Well I can't really say for Dynamax because I haven't played around with it and gotten a feel for it yet. But I do I like the idea of it and am eager to try it.

Between Megas and Z-Moves, I prefer the latter. I always liked the type gems in Gen 5, and Z-Moves are like that but restructured to have a strategic timing element added to them (instead of just activating automatically at the first opportunity), as well as offering a range of various alternative strategies thanks to the Z-status moves.

I don't play competitively, so Megas are pretty boring to me in terms of gameplay. Fun designs, sure, but they're generally too strong for the base games. I am using a Mega Blastoise in LGP just for the hell of it though.

Dynamax is just a shared hallucination brought on by mass hysteria, so let's never speak of it again.
tenor.gif

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom