• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which kind of Pokémon do you prefer?

What kind of Pokémon do you prefer?

• Fast, hard hitters (e.g. Infernape)

Votes: 53 47.7%
  • Defensive Pokémon (e.g. Dusknoir)

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Cute Pokémon

Votes: 28 25.2%
  • Pokémon whose design you think looks good

Votes: 64 57.7%
  • Pokémon that revolve around a unique strategy (e.g. Wobbuffet)

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Legendary Pokémon

Votes: 15 13.5%
  • Other

Votes: 17 15.3%

• Total voters
Pokemon that can be good sweepers are my thing, mainly, though I always have Shuckle, Skarmory, or Umbreon on my team.

Of course, lots of the strong offense Pokemon I use are Eeveelutions, which proves I have a weakness for the cute and cuddlier side of Pokemon.

Cool looking pokemon.
Fortunately, my definition of cool looking often includes the more powerful pokemon. I love dragon types and pokemon which look like dragon types.

Fast hard hitters with a good strategy or pokemon that are slow but sweepers like Torterra w/ Rock Polish.

Most of them have Speed, not necessarily the strongest. The rest are based off design for me.

pokemon that can pwn you with attack an special attack Ex:nidoking nietails dragonite blaziken

Is this what kind I prefer in battle or just in general? In battles, I like using a comination of fast, hard hitters and one or two that I use for more strategic moves. I like to even out my team, like if I have mostly special attackers, I look for a physical based pokemon. I don't really take into account the pokemon itself most of the time. I guess I do tend to use the more impressive, cool pokemon though.

I tend to rely on speed and special attack. Or basically speedy hard hitters too. Plus looking good too :p

Also the pokemon with a lot of HP eg Eeveeloutions, I like.

Fast, hard-hitting ones tend to make their way onto my team one way or another. XD

Good designs come second to that - if they have a good design but are slow and fragile, I won't use them. If they have a terrible design but are fast attackers, I'll ignore them.

Also, gimmick Pokemon are awesome. Wobbuffet, FEAR, Destiny Bond... <3

Unlike everyone else I like walls and stalling, I love it when my opponent can't hurt me more than my leftovers recover at the end of the round.

I like heavy hitters and just all-around weird Pokemon.

I don't like to use the same Pokemon as everyone else. -coughEeveecough-

I've always got at least one hard hitting thing just in case my regular team of unique looking/cute looking things can't handle a certain situation.

Fast, hard hitters that have designs that I like.

And also I voted for other, the 'other' option is for Pokemon who have stuff like spikes, claws or any other body-part that looks like a tool. Some Pokemon: Scyther, Scizor, Pinsir, Rhyperior, Magmortar etc.

I like my Pokemon to hit hard and fast. Their defenses don't even have to be that good as long as they wipe out the enemy in one, two hits tops.

They also have to look good.

I voted "Other" in the poll because while I would use Pokémon that revolve around a specific strategy, what the poll meant by specific strategy wasn't the same as what I mean.

When I say this, I'm talking about if Pokémon were real. I would use Pokémon who could easily redirect kinetic energy. Like Jeanette Fisher's Bellsprout. The fluid movements would help my Pokémon absorb the energy and I could then use it to my advantage. For example: say my opponent launched a Hyper Beam and my Bronzor (I'd never really use Bronzor, though.) was able to easily avoid it as Trick Room was in effect. I could just jump out of the way, but that would waste an advantage. I would tell my Bronzor to put a small amount of it's body in the way of the Hyper Beam and to start a Gyro Ball as soon as it was hit. The energy that would usually just smack it thirty feet away would now speed up the gyrations of the Gyro Ball, like a flat globe and a gust of wind. From there Bronzor would just speed on to my opponent and vióla, a super powerful Gyro Ball.

Or if say my Kirlia took a Focus punch to the chest unexpectedly. With proper training, I believe that Kirlia could turn that energy that is flinging it through the air into just a few back hand springs and a soft landing.

Just go with the flow...

Clearly Im in the minority here, but I go for defensive pokemon. Im not bothered if they cant OHKO the opponent, since its so hard to leave a dent on mine, they'll just take them out on the next turn.

Of course, I do have a hard-and-fast fighter (Sceptile) but my strategy revolves around defense. My Cloyster is all but impenetrable, and my Exploud is a tank.
The only 'fast' pokemon I use are Sceptile and Crobat. Even my Scizor is more geared towards defense than attack. And my Ninetales is my special sweeper.

The ones that look the best, like in my opinion: Dragonite, Arcanine, Meganium, Lapras, Lucario.

I'm a defense kind of guy.
I rather just chill back and see my pokes walling.
Which also brings me to my other point.

I like chilling pokemon.
Some examples could be sableye, and croagunk.

Thanks.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom