• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which kind of Pokémon do you prefer?

What kind of Pokémon do you prefer?

• Fast, hard hitters (e.g. Infernape)

Votes: 53 47.7%
  • Defensive Pokémon (e.g. Dusknoir)

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Cute Pokémon

Votes: 28 25.2%
  • Pokémon whose design you think looks good

Votes: 64 57.7%
  • Pokémon that revolve around a unique strategy (e.g. Wobbuffet)

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Legendary Pokémon

Votes: 15 13.5%
  • Other

Votes: 17 15.3%

• Total voters
Pokémon I like the designs off.
All that "hard-hitters" "defensive", ect, kinda stuff I don't care about at all.

I prefer fast pokemon that I like the design and they are decent battlers.

First and foremost, I have to like the design of the Pokemon. It doesn't matter to me if Infernape has 104 Attacking stats and a 108 speed, if I don't like it's design, I won't use it. Incidentially, I really don't like Infernape. That's my big problem with OU. There are only a handful of Pokemon whose design I like.

My battle technique tends to gravitate towards balance or bulky offense. So, I have a ton off hard hitting Pokemon that can take a few hits as well. Venusaur, Scizor, Dragonite and Feraligatr all feature prominently on my team. So, I'm sort of in between offense and defense. That's not to say I won't train the occasional wall (Skarmory) or sweeper (Houndoom) every once in a while.

Laslty, while I think legendaries are pretty cool and I love the story behind most of them, I refuse to use them on my team. It just makes me feel cheap. I won't even touch the non-Uber legendaries

I like pokemon that for some reason seem familiar when I first see them. It happened with Jolteon, Ninetails and Gyrados in Generation 1, Umbreon, Lugia, Houndoom and Raikou in Generation 2, Blazeken and Mightyana in Generation 3, and Luxray, Lucario, Glaceon and Darkrai in Generation 4. It happened with Zerkom and Zoroark in what I've seen of Generation 5 so far, and it may happen with other pokemon as the release date closes in.

I defanately like cute pokemon. I just love them to bits! There not always good battlers but that doesn't matter to me. :)

Defense, man! Although fast, hard hitters are cool too. I really don't care too much about design; if a Pokemon is good, I'll probably use it regardless of looks.

Defensive, Cute and ones that I think look good (All of these match Torterra and Snorlax).

Defensive, because I have no use for Pokemon that make the first hit in battle but can't properly damage their targets and who need only one hit to be knocked-out (such as Sceptile).
I prefer pokemon that may often attack last (like Torterra, Gastrodon, Marshtomp and Snorlax, even though these can be quite fast with right nature), because if a pokemon has high speed, it often cuts its Attack and Defense quite bit.

Cuteness and good looks, because these happen to be important to me.
I like pokemon that are based on legends (Infernape and Torterra) or have unusual inspiration (Bronzong, Bronzor and Shedinja for example). And of course just pure cuteness wins always (like Shellos, Buneary and Aipom).

I prefer ones with good designs. And if they have good stats then hey, that's all the better.

Lol, this is my 404th post.

Fast Pokemon who can send some real damage to its opponents but I also like cute Pokemon and legendaries

I like cute pokemon, and I tend not to evolve certain pokemon (like Mime Jr. & Cacnea, two of my favorite pokemon *coughbecausethey'reJames'pokemoncough*) but if I'm going to use them in-game, then I also like them to at least have decent stats. (Although I do admit to having a lv70+ Mime Jr., Cacnea, & Notch-Eared Pichu ^^;) I also tend to go more with offense than defense, and I prefer special attacks over physical attacks (probably because my favorite types are psychic, water, and ice, which are mainly special types).

i like speedy pokemon that arent that big and that also look cool such as: gliscor, aipom (duh), marowak, donphan, and for some reason munchlax.....

Honestly don't have much of a preference, but I like using the hard hitters that hit before my opponents. I also like using pokemon that look halfway decent, but that's not too important. I dunno I make my teams before I even start a new game so I can have a little game plan on what I'm going to do.

I enjoy fast hard hitters. They are basically the best in battles with speed and power.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom