Which kind of Pokémon is no longer popular?

Reaction score
There is a good reason for complaining about Charizard though, it received two Mega forms back in X and Y while Venusaur and Blastoise only received one, it's the only returning Kanto starter who made it into Smash 4 and it got a Gigantamax form while Venusaur and Blastoise didn't get any. Basically, it's the favoritism that Game Freak has for the Pokemon that's the problem.
Don't forget that Smash even made a big deal of Charizard, giving him a trailer along with Greninja. Nevermind that Charizard was already in Brawl, and that its moveset didn't change much between games.

Small ripples lead to big waves.
Reaction score
Can't blame them, considering there were nods and appearances of Charizard in the last four gens without the other two, with Gen VI and Gen VIII rubbing more salt in the wound, first by giving Charizard two forms, and then by demoting Squirtle and Bulbasaur as event Pokémon, without even giving them G-Max forms.
That's what I meant. Charizard is fulfilling the role that Lucario used to fulfil.

At least you tried...
Reaction score
I think there's one huge difference between Charizard and Lucario.
Charizard's part of a set where the player was told to pick one of them, and is receiving preferential treatment over the other starters.

Lucario is stand alone. You're not asked to pick between Lucario (or technically Riolu) and another Pokémon.

Reaction score
Did you know what you think happens if Dracovish has lost its popularity do you being no longer available in any Generation IX or future Pokémon main series games?

Blast Turtle
Reaction score
Did you know what you think happens if Dracovish has lost its popularity do you being no longer available in any Generation IX or future Pokémon main series games?
I highly doubt Dracovish no longer being popular in competitive is going to mean GameFreak will never include it in any future main series game.

Reaction score
My dad thought that Greninja, including its Ash-Greninja bond phenomenon, has somewhat already faded into obscurity due to its lack of Sun & Moon series roles, even though it has its fans. That's all.:(