• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which kind of Pokémon is no longer popular?

Think the movie might give it the popularity boost it needs?

More exposure is not the cure for overexposure. I never liked Mewtwo anyway more a Mew girl but it just always felt cheap to me.

I wonder how the Alolan starters will fair once the Galar starters are out. Only Rowlet seems popular; He is much loved in Japan and in our house but I see people s**t on the Alolan starters constantly. They were a vast improvement from X&Y (low bar) but I feel they pushed Greninja too much just like Mewtwo.

More exposure is not the cure for overexposure. I never liked Mewtwo anyway more a Mew girl but it just always felt cheap to me.

I wonder how the Alolan starters will fair once the Galar starters are out. Only Rowlet seems popular; He is much loved in Japan and in our house but I see people s**t on the Alolan starters constantly. They were a vast improvement from X&Y (low bar) but I feel they pushed Greninja too much just like Mewtwo.

Popplio is actually my favorite starter of all time and I feel like the Kalos starters and Johto starters were kinda meh. I remeber when the starters came out and everyone was talking about how they love Rowlet but all the mentions of Popplio were either that it looks dopey or it's their least favorite.

Popplio is actually my favorite starter of all time and I feel like the Kalos starters and Johto starters were kinda meh. I remeber when the starters came out and everyone was talking about how they love Rowlet but all the mentions of Popplio were either that it looks dopey or it's their least favorite.

Popplio line is my personal favourite I prefer Owls IRL but just liked the mermaid theme plus fairy type. Popplio suffers “Middle Stage Evolution Syndrome”. I’d argue the other Alolan starters had better middle stages with Incineroar having the worst final stage.

They should have made Incineroar a sleek but tough four legged kitty similar to Persian but with some Houndoom and Quilava influences. Over all Rowlet had the best start middle and end I guess plus the Japanese love the OwO face.

I don’t see anyone of them popular in five years with the expectation of Rowlet the merch is seriously crazy. Last time I was in Japan it was Rowlet and Inkling girls as far as the eye could see.

Popplio line is my personal favourite I prefer Owls IRL but just liked the mermaid theme plus fairy type. Popplio suffers “Middle Stage Evolution Syndrome”. I’d argue the other Alolan starters had better middle stages with Incineroar having the worst final stage.

They should have made Incineroar a sleek but tough four legged kitty similar to Persian but with some Houndoom and Quilava influences. Over all Rowlet had the best start middle and end I guess plus the Japanese love the OwO face.

I don’t see anyone of them popular in five years with the expectation of Rowlet the merch is seriously crazy. Last time I was in Japan it was Rowlet and Inkling girls as far as the eye could see.

I think Brionne is actually a good-looking pokemon for a middle evolution. At least it's not as bad as shudders ...prinplup

I'd say Mudkip, I haven't heard "u liek mudkipz" in years. Greninja has lost a lot of popularity from its height, though it still has fans. Garchomp seems to be on an up an down cycle in popularity, but it's nowhere near what it was in the glory days. Samurott used to be the most popular Gen V starter, but when Serperior got Contrary it was immediately overshadowed. Dunsparce used to have a cult following, but I don't see much love for it anymore.

The above user's avatar made me realise that Munchlax dropped out of promotional materials halfway through Gen 4. Case in point: it frequently appeared in promotional art for Explorers of Time and Darkness, but became partner-only in Explorers of Sky.

The above user's avatar made me realise that Munchlax dropped out of promotional materials halfway through Gen 4. Case in point: it frequently appeared in promotional art for Explorers of Time and Darkness, but became partner-only in Explorers of Sky.
Well, that was because Munchlax was among the first Gen IV Pokémon revealed. Once Gen IV got released the poor thing got dropped from the face of the Earth almost immediately. Same thing happened to Zorua when Gen V came.

Well, that was because Munchlax was among the first Gen IV Pokémon revealed. Once Gen IV got released the poor thing got dropped from the face of the Earth almost immediately. Same thing happened to Zorua when Gen V came.
BUT I LOVE HIM

Are Snivy, Gardevoir, and Lopunny still popular? I wouldn't be surprised of the latter two are still popular in some fringe circles, and I know Snivy was popular to use in smug memes around gen V's announcement and release, but I haven't seen much talk about them in a while.

Suicune, Raikou, and Entei also come to mind though admittedly I don't know how much popularity they've ever had. Aside from what animals they might be based on, not too much talk about them either.

I haven't seen anything about Loudred at all lately, wonder if anyone still likes that one.

Cubone and Marowak are popular supposedly but I never seem to hear about them.

Do you think that Zekrom has already declined in marketing, although it still has fans?

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom