• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which moves would you add to LGPE?

Reaction score
Looking at the long list of missing moves, I have to say that the vast majority of them do seem like bloat as far as the first 151 Pokemon are concerned. If you had to pick no more than 50 moves to add back, which would they be? Here's my list:

Aerial Ace
Aromatherapy
Aura Sphere
Baton Pass
Boomburst (if given to Wigglytuff)
Brave Bird
Bug Bite
Bulldoze
Close Combat
Draco Meteor
Drain Punch
Dragon Dance
Dragon Hammer
Earth Power
Energy Ball
Extreme Speed (give it to Rapidash, too)
Fairy Wind
Fire/Thunder/Ice Fang
Focus Blast
Freeze-Dry
Gunk Shot
Hail
Hidden Power
Hurricane
Hyper Voice
Icicle Crash
Iron Head
Leaf Storm
Moonlight (give it to Wigglytuff)
Night Slash
Overheat
Psyshock
Psystrike
Rain Dance
Return
Sandstorm
Shadow Bone
Shadow Claw
Stone Edge
Sunny Day
Synthesis
Tailwind
Trick Room
Wild Charge
Wish
Zen Headbutt

And remove Stealth Rock. Ugh.

Last edited:
To start with, I’d add Shadow Bone and Dragon Hammer. They’re the signature moves of Alolan Marowak and Alolan Exeggutor for crying out loud, there was literally no good reason those should have been removed! In addition, I’d add weather back in.

Also, I’d give Clefairy both Fairy Wind and Moonlight.

Dragon-types got the short end of the stick, most cool moves of its type were removed: Dragon breath, Twister, Dragon rush., Draco meteor, Dragon claw...Both Charizard and Dragonite would appreciate something else than Dragon Pulse and Outrage.

There were some classic moves that should've NEVER gone, it makes me afraid for upcoming games: Aerial ace, Aqua tail, Aura sphere, Bounce, Brave bird, Bug bite, Charge beam, CLOSE COMBAT, Curse, Energy Ball, Focus Blast, Giga Drain, Giga Impact, Grass Knot, Hammer Arm, Icy Wind, Leaf Blade, Leaf Storm, Powder Snow, Power Gem, Reversal, Rollout, Spark, STONE EDGE, Water Pulse and Zap Cannon.

To be fair:

1. Only Persian and Starmie would have access to Power Gem. I think they can do without it.

2. Giga Drain was essentially renamed Mega Drain. They should have just ditched Absorb, but it's semantics.

3. Leaf Blade would be nice for Farfetch'd, but that's it. Victreebell has Power Whip.

4. Curse would be consequential if it came back as a TM, but I only see that happening in Johto.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom