• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Name and Gender are Each of Your Main Series Characters?

If i remember well I think i always used the same nickname.
I never used my real name.

Right now I am playing through Omega ruby. I'm at the fifth gym.
My Character is a boy. I chose the first name that came to my head. So I named him Cragalanche.
Team: Blaziken, Manaphy, Mew, Darkrai, Shaymin, and Victini.

Always my name (or the nickname my ex gave me, I won't be using that name for any future games.) and gender, except back in RBY and GS when the option to play as female wasn't there. In RBY pretty sure I called him Ash, and in GS I really don't even remember.

Got some updates now.
X: Jarod (Male)
Alpha Sapphire: July (Female)
Super Mystery Dungeon: Jun (Mudkip Male) / Partner: Jenni (Fennekin Female)
Pearl: Hareta (Male) / Rival: Jun
Black: Ames (Female)
Black 2: Amelia (Female)
Also, planning on:
Sun: Could go with Jarod again, we'll see; Male.
SoulSilver: Lyra (given that I don't think of anything else) (Female, obviously)

They all use my own name and gender, but I've been making the effort to break that trend when playing Explorers of Sky via emulator.

This is going to be really simple:

Arylett, female.

When I'm playing a Pokemon game, I don't make up a character. I'm just me. In fact, in any game that allows customization, I'm just me. I only make up characters when I'm roleplaying because that allows more freedom in telling my own story, and even then, they are mostly based on me. Why? Because I'm that self-centered.

i only play as a boy and as for the name... well, it's their own npc names (or, as i call'em, the "canon" names). the only exception was in pearl (my first pkm game) in which i named lucas diamond because at the time i would follow the manga name logic, even though i never read any

Other than my first game, SoulSilver, which I fanboyed and decided to name the Avatar Ash. However, every incarnation of my avatar after is my own name.

I'm so typical; I always pick the boy character [because I am one] and give them their canon name. In Pokemon Y, I didn't even customize Calem's look, and I probably won't be doing it for Sun version either. I am the primary definition of default!

I don't think the protagonists of Sun & Moon have been named yet, so for now, I call the boy "Sonny", and the girl "Luna".

In Sapphire/Emerald, Diamond/Platinum, SoulSilver and White I used the male character and named them André because it's just my name and that's what I give when the professor asks "What is your name?", simple lol. When I reset my White I used the female character and called her White because I didn't fancy the name Hilda, in White2 and Y I used the female character because I wasn't a fan of the male character's design, named them Rosa and Serena as that is their default names. When Sun/Moon comes out I plan on using both gender's but if I end up just getting Moon then I'll probably just use the female character and call her Luna.

Too much of a hassle to think up names for every different gens so I stick to NickR3ita. My character's always a guy cuz im a guy lol

I'll be starting a new game in each one, and my chosen name for each is 'Loser', and if I can, my rival's name will be 'Winner'. The gender I choose is random, but in favor of being male (since I am).

Currently, excluding Diamond, I've named myself based off of the manga or their default name(ex. In Diamond, I'd be named either 'Diamond' or 'Lucas').

blue = male
pink = female

Crystal: chris(to a friend of mine and one of my middle names)
fire red: What?
leaf green: Ryana
ruby: hooters (like the restaurant)
sapphire: not ash (a joke)
emerald: ryan
diamond: ness (like earthbound)
pearl: lucas (official name)
platinum: ryan
heart gold: lyrro (it was used file)
soul silver: gold
black: Ryan
white: Axl (rivals names start with b and c so a b c)
black 2: rosa (official name)
white 2: nate (official name)
x: Ryan
y: nuzlocke (doing that challage on this file)
omega ruby: Ryan
alpha sapphire: peeon12(common username)

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom