• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which names do you have a habit of misspelling?

As a little boy, I always thought Wigglytuff was spelled Wiggytuff. But Jigglypuff never had the same problem. o_O

Feraligatr, because there is no second "e" :p

Double fail... the missing letter is an "o". (Unless that's the joke >_>)

But yo, "Glyscor" looks even more like a medicine company than the proper spelling does. D8 It's that out-of-place Y. Makes me think of a medicine for lactose/fructose/glucose intolerance medicine. Feeling ill from drinking too much milk? Run over to your local pharmacy and pick up some Glyscor today!

That's my impression of "Gliscor". "Glyscor" sounds more like a university's name, probably influenced by the word "lycée", which isn't even a university >_<

Sazandara is another one I have issues with. I have spelled it Szandra, Sazendar and Sazendra.

"Sazandara" is also wrong - it's officially "Sazandora", but I call it "Sazandra" anyway.

Last edited:
I usually seem to spell Rayquaza like Rayquuaza, for some reason. And I sometimes mix up the "ex" and "egg" in both Exeggcute and Exeggcutor.

I also have problems spelling Ratater Ratatatata Rotata Ratata Rattata's name (And yes, those are ACTUALLY my failed tries!!!)

Makuhita was Makahuta. (9 years old.)

Zubat was Zoobat (7 years old)

Girafarig was Giraferig (7 years old)

I usually misspell Wobbuffet as Wobuffet, Wobbufet, Wobbafett, Wobufet or Wobafet.

Wobbuffett and Exegcute. I don't even know if they're right here.

remember it like this:
ex-like the letter ex,
egg-like scrambled eggs,
cute-like in awwh, what a cute puppy :D

but I don't get it why so many people have a problem with spelling exeggcute. I have a problem with spelling alot of pokenames but not this.

I always have trouble spelling names with double letters, except when it is based on real words, like Exeggcute and Exeggutor.

I say / spell Dialga as Dialgla, (dy-ah-glah) all the time and I know it wrong XD

And Rayquaza I put as Rayaquaza...

I also have a MAJOR problem spelling Wobbufet Wobuffet Wobbufett Wobbuffett's name, like Spirit of Christmas has a problem with Woobuffett Wobbuffett's name. So many double letters!

I always mispell Kyurem as Kyuurem (pronounced: kie-YOOO-rehm).

Which is funny, because even the Japanese romanization can't be "Kyuurem" (the actual katakana is キュレム as opposed to キュウレム).

I rarely misspell Pokemon names, but there are a few annoying ones like Wobbuffet.

And I know I'm gonna spell Darmanitan wrong.

Last edited:
Wobbuffett gets mangled beyond all recognition.

Sudowoodo gets it too (Suedowoodo).

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom