• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which names do you have a habit of misspelling?

Cofagrigus? D:

It isn't gonna be fun trying to spell that. I had to check twice to make sure I was spelling it right...

I've been saying "Kangashkan" and "Gyrados" since I was a child. It was a real shock when I found out otherwise.

I've been saying "Kangashkan" and "Gyrados" since I was a child. It was a real shock when I found out otherwise.

I'm still shocked about the... erm. The 'Kangaskhan' thing. :confused:

Kangaskhan.

Kangaskhan.

Cofagrigus? D:

It isn't gonna be fun trying to spell that. I had to check twice to make sure I was spelling it right...

Don't you want to :mallet: people who decide on Pokemons' English names?

Also Kangaskhan.

I always misspell Eletivire.

After all, the name is pronounced Elec-tri-vire, right? That's what throws me off.

All of them. Im dyslexic and have to concentrate hard to get them right (even managed to spell Dyslexia dislexia in a thread starter because I wasnt paying attention enough :-D) I spell words the way I say them then have strategies to get them right. So pokemon names mostly are a task.

Well, let's see. These are the monsters I usually have problems with:
Right spelling: Exeggcute
My spelling: Exxecute [those G letters are just stupid there! >__<]

Right spelling: Feraligatr
My spelling: Feraligator [Sorry Nintendo, I really can't say that without those vowels there...]

Right: Minccino
Mine: Minchino [I mean, you can't say its name like that! and what's with the two C letters?! I was pretty confused when I read that name first time :,D]

Right: Qwilfish
Mine: I actually usually forgot how to write its name in the first place! XD

Right: Magcargo
Mine: Maggocargo/Macgarco

Right: Marshtomp
Mine: Marshstomp

Right: Camerupt [I just found out about this just now :,D]
Mine: Camepurt

Right: Vespiquen
Mine: Vespiqueen

Right: Driflim
Mine: Driflimb

Right: Garchomp
Mine: Garcochomp/ Cargchomp

Right: Hippowdon
Mine: Hippodown

Right: Lickilicky
Mine: Lickylicky

Right: Tangrowth
Mine: Tangogrowth [It seems that I have obession to put O letters around the names to make my pronouncing easier I guess XD Just like the Japanese ^_^; It must be because Finnish has a lot of wovelbased words too.]

Right: Electivire
Mine: Electrivire

Wow, that was quite a lot of typos actually! ^__^; Guess I need to practise those names more then... But I will still pronounce Minccino as Minchino, because the official one is just insane! *>__<

Lickilicky, which I initially had a habit of spelling "Lickylicky".

I learned my error the hard way when I tried to do a google image search on him, and instead got loads of pictures of people doing funny things with their tongues. :p

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom