• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Which new Alolan shiny are you most excited for?

Parissong

the bells of joy are ringing
Reaction score
According to Happy third anniversary, Pokémon GO!, we're getting tons of new Alolan Pokémon Shinies for PoGo's 3rd anniversary! Sounds incredibly exciting and I can't wait!

For me, I'm definitely going to be a huge fan of shiny alolan Ninetales! Such a small palette swap but I feel it's so impactful with its more gray/lavender hues that make it come off as warm but still convey winter. Fingers crossed!

Out of the 4 wild-spawning Alolan shinies, I'm most hyped for Geodude, then Exeggutor, then Rattata, in that order. Diglett's meh.
I still don't have Shiny Kantonian Geodude despite my biome spawning lots of them, so I'd like to get that family dex registered, even if it's the Alolan version.
Exeggutor also looks nice and is an evolved form. Rattata is also another family I don't have dex registered, so I'm interested.
Diglett on the other hand, not really. I've got 2 Kantonian shinies even though I missed its initial boosted-rate event, minutes before and after Adventure Week respectively (no Lileep/Anorith in between, just 2 Diglett).

The 4 Egg Alolan shinies I'm not really hoping much for since I'm not hatching too much. Grimer's family is registered, Sandshrew is probably getting registed way more easily with the Kantonian version, Meowth and especially Vulpix are cool. That last one's rare, like shiny baby level rare, but unfortunately the difference in color to the regular one is barely noticable.

Out of the 4 wild-spawning Alolan shinies, I'm most hyped for Geodude, then Exeggutor, then Rattata, in that order. Diglett's meh.
I still don't have Shiny Kantonian Geodude despite my biome spawning lots of them, so I'd like to get that family dex registered, even if it's the Alolan version.
Exeggutor also looks nice and is an evolved form. Rattata is also another family I don't have dex registered, so I'm interested.
Diglett on the other hand, not really. I've got 2 Kantonian shinies even though I missed its initial boosted-rate event, minutes before and after Adventure Week respectively (no Lileep/Anorith in between, just 2 Diglett).

The 4 Egg Alolan shinies I'm not really hoping much for since I'm not hatching too much. Grimer's family is registered, Sandshrew is probably getting registed way more easily with the Kantonian version, Meowth and especially Vulpix are cool. That last one's rare, like shiny baby level rare, but unfortunately the difference in color to the regular one is barely noticable.

Nice! I'm most hyped for Exegg and then Geodude, and by Jove I actually got the latter yesterday, so that was an excellent surprise. I love the bronze-looking feel, so I thought it was just absolutely fitting!

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom