• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which "not very well known" countries would you like to see as a Pokémon Region in the future?

I would love it if they do "lateral regions" with these "more obscure" places where the starters are a mix of the starters from the existing "main" regions with one new original line (i.e. Rowlet, Piplup and a brand new fire starter). They would make for nice side games imo.

IDK if Singapore counts as a well known country or not but I would love a mini-region based on it.

aQRPLgW_460s.jpg

Just look at this illustration-A beautiful blend of all the regions so far! I also love how many of the landmarks already have pokemon associated with them. There's another legend surrounding one of the surrounding islands called Kusu Island whereby a magical tortoise turned itself into an island to save two shipwrecked sailors. That tortoise could be a totem Torterra! As a tribute to the three predominant cultures there, I'd like the starters to be Tepig (also cause there are wild boars there), Grookey (IDK there's something Indiany about Grookey imo) and a new water cat that evolves into a Merlion/Shedu. .

I’m pretty sure Canada's very well known across the globe...
It is, but Canada is hardly ever represented in video games when the US always overshadows it.

Can I tell you just how ecstatic I was when Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations actually had a Canadian character? That's super rare.

Mongolia! I went there when I was 16 for a month with my school as part of a voluntourism thing, and it was A M A Z I N G. Aside from the natural wonder of the vast, open steppes, I thought there culture was really interesting and I just think it'd be neat to see it featured in Pokemon.

It is, but Canada is hardly ever represented in video games when the US always overshadows it.

Can I tell you just how ecstatic I was when Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations actually had a Canadian character? That's super rare.

Not trying to argue about who has it worse but non-western countries hardly get representation anywhere and when they do it sometimes ends up being a caricature of their actual culture, and I thought this thread meant to celebrate those nations.

I'm still not opposed to Canada being included in this thread with ideas though! It was just something that popped up in my mind when I saw the thread title and your post.

I personally want Game Freak to base a region on a historical kingdom, empire, or nation state that’s no longer around. For example, I’d love to see what Game Freak could do with things like the Babylonian Empire, even if it would need to be modernized.

Not trying to argue about who has it worse but non-western countries hardly get representation anywhere and when they do it sometimes ends up being a caricature of their actual culture, and I thought this thread meant to celebrate those nations.

I'm still not opposed to Canada being included in this thread with ideas though! It was just something that popped up in my mind when I saw the thread title and your post.
I'm not saying that Canada needs to be represented and I certainly do understand that non-western countries get even fewer representation. I think it would be great if we had a region based on India.

I'm just saying how it is for Canada. And my post was partially intended to be a joke. I'm Canadian and I always laugh at how it gets the short-end of the stick. It's what I'm used to.

Morocco would be great . tha atlas mountains , mount toubkal , mount musa , hercules cave , rose valley , all the desert ... are all great places to see in a game (the most of the other sites are about islam)
The professor would graduated from al akhawayn university and the legendaries are the atlas felines with aisha kendisha as a ghost-type

Canada, Australia, a totally drough desert oriented middle east or African country.
Transylvania east european style region.

Not exactly sure if it's unpopular or not, but Romania would be an awesome country to see as a region. (I also wanna see Italy as well but I've seen quite a lot of people on various forums that want this as a region too, so I'm not counting it as unpopular in my post)

Points of interest to see:
Salina Turda salt mine:

Merry Cemetery:

Peleș Castle:

Old Town Sighișoara:

Wooden Churches of Maramureș :

Vaser Valley Forestry Railway:

The Sphinx natural rock formation (Bucegi Natural Park):

And obligatory Bran Castle (Dracula's Castle):
Romania. This! I was going to say exactly the same place, i think it would make a gorgeous region and it's the best country to represent Eastern Europe. The country is mostly known by Dracula but other than that people don't know much about it.

Other interesting points:

Corvin Castle

Hoia Baciu haunted forest

Mud Volcanoes

Sibiu medieval town

Sarmizegetusa Regia stones

Bucharest and it's parlament

Brasov medieval town

Attachments

• Sarmizegetusa Regia.jpg
    Sarmizegetusa Regia.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 46
  • carpatian mountains.jpg
    carpatian mountains.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 42
  • ski in romania.jpg
    ski in romania.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 51
Obviously my home country: Portugal! :giggle:
We have a rich culture, being one of the oldest countries in Europe, nice places and two archipelagos which could compensate for the mainland's kind of rectangular shape and being like Kanto + Sevii. The north is cold and the south of the mainland is hot, Lisbon could be the main and biggest city and Sintra being the gateway for wilderness and the forest area. We also have great weather. Our history would allow for a diverse cast of characters and link to other regions (we have the oldest alliance in the world with Great Britain (Galar), we were the first westerners to reach Japan (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh), we split the world in half with Spain, Napoleon tried three times to conquer Portugal but never managed to do so (Kalos), our former colonies extended from Brazil to India, etc.)

For obvious reasons (looking at you, Jynx) they're probably never going to do an Africa-based region. But if they do, I think it should be based specifically on Madagascar, which is pretty much the closest thing on Earth to a land of Pokemon as it is. Lemurs, tenrecs, chameleons, vanga-shrikes, fossas, mantella frogs . . . pretty much all of Madagascar's wildlife could pass for a Pokemon with just some minor tweaking.

I see Romania is a quite popular choice in this thread (probably due to Dracula). Personally, I find Romania less interesting for Pokémon than its neighbouring countries.

However... if we did get a Romania based region, there is one place I would really be interested in: the Danube River's Delta. It really is gorgeous.

12539458-a-beautiful-lake-in-danube-delta-romania.jpg

95030996-danube-delta-aerial-view-delta-dunarii-romania.jpg

danube-delta.jpg

DD_DiscoverDanubeDelta03.jpg

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom