• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which "not very well known" countries would you like to see as a Pokémon Region in the future?

I'd like to see India. In no particular order:
Delhi - Poison-type gym, because it's just so polluted there. You can probably catch Trubbish, Grimer and Koffing.
Agra - The home of the Taj Mahal, it could have a rock-type gym and the leader can use Carbink.
Goa - Since Pokemon probably won't want to cover colonialism, maybe some immigrants from Kalos/Galar have settled here.
Bangalore - Have a throwback to 1800s Bangalore and put in some beaches, swamps and lakes. Water gym?
Hyderabad - Fire type gym, we can show middle-eastern style things here to represent the large Muslim population.
Last but not least:
Tirupati - Psychic gym, this is a really beautiful inland town known for its ancient temple.

I think the evil team could be acting in ways similar to Team Rocket (corruption, bribery).

Heck, I should make this into a fan game.

I want once a hot sand desert region at least 50 or 70% of it with piramids, nomadic tribes and diunes. Oasises. Underground water and ice caves , mountains a smal river and ocean. A drough and rain period. Hot days and cold noghts. New cactus pokemon. After snow and jungles , after Europe it would be perfect. Abilities like heatproof, dryskin and water absorb with types that normally not have them. The league could be on mountain top of large 4 legendary pokemon heads that watch the region. League champion with Greninja. Gyms with Shedinja and Talonflame in them.

Last edited:
If you want my two cents, the six States of New England good collectively make a quaint little Pokemon region. As would Alaska, California, Germany, Spain or Italy. Outside of the USA and Western Europe, Though. Mexico could be interesting, Australia could be fun, I wouldn't mind India. I'd love to see a region based on South Africa and the countries that border it. Southeast Asia could be amazing.

As a fellow Canadian I'm gonna have to say Canada as default. But let's be honest. Do we really want the entire region to be an expanded Snowpoint City?

So if I had to really choose, I think I would throw Italy as a candidate. Imagine Venice as a city!

I would like to see some representation of Northern Ireland. We have some nice locations such as the Marble Arch caves and giants causeways and Titanic Belfast, we don’t seem to get any representation in the new games and I hate how, outside of Game of Thrones, we always seem to be known solely as the country where the Troubles happened. We could be part of a postgame in a future game that adapts Ireland into a region (or NI could be part of the sword and shield postgame although I doubt it.

Please explain, I'm curious about Yemen.

The stone tombs are sick, and you could have a pretty cool cave system under them

You could make a forest out of the bottle trees, and you could populate it with some weird ass grass types

Dar al hajar, built out of a rock face, would make a dope as hell elite four building

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom