• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which of Ash's officially owned Pokémon do you like the best or dislike the worst?

I will never forgive the anime for making Oshawott unbelievably annoying. It's my favorite Gen 5 starter and I was so excited when Ash caught it...and then they made his personality like that. I was already annoyed from DP when they kind of did the same to Piplup (my favorite Gen 4 starter) but Oshawott went above and beyond obnoxious. Seriously, the episodes where Dawn came back and Piplup and Oshawott were just annoying as all hell together the whole time? It was downright depressing. So, despite being one of my favorite starters, Ash's Oshawott is easily my least favorite of his Pokemon.

Other than that, I don't have super strong feelings for his other Pokemon one way or the other. If I had to pick, I would say that I tend to lean towards Charizard, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Gliscor, Rowlet, and Gengar.
Happy they didn’t make rowlet obnoxious and rather utterly godly

Lycanroc is easily my favorite, I really love every member of his alolan and Sinnohan teams
Least favorite is probably tepig, ask me tomorrow and it'll be another one of unovan/kalosan pokemon

I'll rank them by how I like their personalities, not by their battling skills:

My Favorites:
Sceptile (It's my first pokémon crush, and still is :bulbaLove:).
Krookodile (Badass and adorable at the same time :cool:).
Gengar (Gengar is my favorite pokémon, and Ash's Gengar has that personality that I love in all Gengars :love:).
Bulbasaur.
Swellow.
Corphish.
Goodra.
Butterfree.
Bayleef.
Leavanny.
Snivy.
Dragonite.
Hawlucha.
Glalie.
Rowlet.
Palpitoad.
Torkoal.
Talonflame.
Pignite.
Squirtle.
Donphan.
Torterra.
Noctowl.
Totodile.
Farfetch'd.
Infernape.
Unfezant.
Staraptor.
Pikachu.
Quilava.
Muk.

My Least Favorites:
Lucario.
Greninja (Not just because it's overrated, its personality was boring).
Buizel.
Scraggy.
Charizard.
Melmetal.
Gible.
Oshawott.
Gliscor (It has a cute personality, but for some reason I never liked it that much).
Noivern (I know it was a baby but as a Noibat it was annoying, and as a Noivern was forgettable).

Last edited:
I like Pikachu the most and Snivy, Bulbasaur and Kingler are honorable mentions. Anyways my least favorite Pokemon of Ash's is definitely Greninja.

Love em tier

Sceptile - I always loved his whole 'ronin swordsman' personality

Corphish - One of the funniest yet most powerhouse Pokemon Ash has owned

Krookodile - A powerful crocodile in sunglasses, who also wrecked Iris and her asshat Dragonite, what's not to love?

Infernape - I'll never forget that moment back when he was a Chimchar where he broke down crying from being treated with respect and love, something he never got to experience when he was working under Paul

Gengar - Besides the fact Gengar's one of my favorite Pokemon and I still can't get over that Ash caught one, he has a hilarious personality as well

Gliscor - Doesn't have the best win record, but he's just too damn adorable, especially when he does his tongue thing, even after evolving he still did it

Snivy - I like how they made her into a sort of 'femme fatale' type, that bit where she went dominatrix on Trip's Servine was a hilarious character-defining moment for her

Dragonite - Did one of the writers find that old story I wrote as a kid about a Dragonair who loved affectionately hugging people? I thought that was purged from the internet by now... Anyway it's an adorable yet powerful goofball.

Die in a fire tier

Bayleef - Never cared for her overbearing obsession with her trainer

Oshawott - Like a weak, unfunny version of Corphish. Gets into trouble way too much (not as bad as Axew granted) and loses way too many battles. He even almost cost Ash his career as a trainer by popping out on his own to battle Bianca's father. He also looks like a snowman that crashed into a beach gift shop

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom