• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which of Ash's Sinnoh pokemon do you see leaving the main cast after the League ?

I was thinking of Pikachu, Infernape, Torterra, Gible, and Totodile. I don't think Ash necessarily needs a flyer for a BF or whatever happens after the league. Would he? I don't know. I mean even though Infernape and Torterra are fully evolve, it doesn't necessarily mean they need to be replaced. I mean last BF, only Sceptile and Donphan were the only evos. Gible and Totodile could be those evos. It also depends on pacing of any post Sinnoh adventure too so we'll see what happens.

I do agree that Gible and of course Pikachu are definite bring alongs for Ash after the league.

If Paul leaves after Sinnoh, that is probably a sign Infernape might be Oak'd.

Let's say at the end of the Sinnoh league, Infernape causes Paul's defeat and the rivalry ends, then Infernape's main storyline is over, and it just becomes "another powerhouse" in Ash's lineup.

I honestly think Paul is on his way out after Sinnoh ends, so it could mean Infernape might not stay as long as we hope. Torterra, Staraptor AND Buizel will likely go too.

There's no reason this team should last above 200 eps. They've already Ash's longest lasting team in the series. Well not quite, as Sceptile/Swellow/Corphish were around for about 180 episodes, but soon Sinnoh will surpass it.

Dude
All of them. >_> Ash's whole Sinnoh team is going to get Oak'd like the rest, and he'll start off to a new region with only Pikachu.
/thread

Dude
All of them. >_> Ash's whole Sinnoh team is going to get Oak'd like the rest, and he'll start off to a new region with only Pikachu.
/thread

After the generation sure, but after the league we'll likely have a short time still before the 5th gen. He may keep some like he did when Hoenn ended.

Well, before Gliscor left, I had the feeling Staraptor and Buizel would get the boot (leaving room for Totodile to come back and Ash to catch a new Pokemon). Now, I'm not sure. I still want to see Staraptor go, but right now I think Infernape and Torterra are the ones who'll get sacked.

well some of the above posters have made valid points that i didnt think of before. Staraptor should be oaked after the league. I didnt realise that it has been with ash longer then most of his pokemon except for Bulbasaur and Pikachu(in terms of no of episodes). I dont dislike Staraptor, but it would be a good idea to oak it after the league since it would have spent like 180 or so episodes travelling with Ash.

All of you: You can't read the first post?

Does it really matter now? Considering the recent announcement of Gen V as well as the hints of it being released by either September or November, the end of the League is in effect the same as the end of the DP series, even without the Elite 4 challenge.

Ash caught Gible fairly recently and he hasn't reached his full potential yet; he probably will be staying for the filler arc and evolving into Gabite, thus mastering Draco Meteor in a similar fashion to Snorunt -> Glalie and Ice Beam.

I don't think that Buizel will stay, either. Torterra may not even evolve by the end of Sinnoh, and it would be kind of stupid for them to have it evolve, only to get Oaked. It would be a total Pidgeot redux and, well, we all hated that.

Infernape could get Oaked and replaced by Cyndaquil, who would FINALLY evolve... but Dawn has her Cyndaquil. Which may or may not get Johannaed. Dawn's team, though, is likely going to stay the same, though her Cyndaquil, Buneary, or Pachirisu may very well evolve... I wonder what Pachirisu's evolved form would look like, if they're planning one?

Brock's team is likely going to stay the same, especially given how much it sucks at the moment. If he comes back for Gen V... I wonder what he's going to bring?

It's up in the air at this point, but Pikachu and Gible are the most likely to stay. I wonder if they'll pull an Aipom in Gen V...

The potential storyline that i can think of is Ash would leave his Infernape to a training ground like his Charizard in Charific Valley.. And Gliscor, like Charizard again, will be called back or can be requested to come back upon call..

Next, Torterra after it evolve will be Oaked to be replaced by his Bayleef. Bayleef will evolve in Ash's hands and will become the most beautiful Meganium, it will be Oaked again. And Sceptile and Torterra will fall in love to his Meganium..Then, a potential love triangle between Ash's Sceptile and Torterra will happen. Bulbasaur, on the other hand, is so frustrated because his trainer has all the fully evolved grass starters leaving him behind and to the fact that May's Bulbasaur har reached its Venusaur state, plead Ash to train him more. So that he'll evolve into Venusaur.

On the other corner, i cant see his Cyndaquil evolved..

Then his Staraptor will be Oaked again. After some few episodes, OMG. Pidgeot comes back.. And now the flock he protects has a lot of evolved Pidgeots and he is not needed anymore, thus returning to Ash's care.

His Buizel will be Oaked to be replaced by Totodile. And like Cyndaquil, i dont think it will evolve.(come on, if it will, we cant see Totodile dancing again, imagine a Croconaw/Feraligatr dancing like Totodile does, i think it'll be awkward.)

his Gible will become a Gabite and to Garchomp then release.. Hahaha..
Then be replaced by his Buizel again..

Pikachu will stay throughout the filler..

Torterra after it evolve will be Oaked to be replaced by his Bayleef. Bayleef will evolve in Ash's hands and will become the most beautiful Meganium, it will be Oaked again. And Sceptile and Torterra will fall in love to his Meganium..Then, a potential love triangle between Ash's Sceptile and Torterra will happen. Bulbasaur, on the other hand, is so frustrated because his trainer has all the fully evolved grass starters leaving him behind and to the fact that May's Bulbasaur har reached its Venusaur state, plead Ash to train him more. So that he'll evolve into Venusaur.

No. Bulbasaur has already refused to evolve. He's not changing. That would completely destroy his character development. Plus, it's impossible to skip one's middle stage entirely. Bayleef probably doesn't want to evolve again, either - she remembers what happened when she evolved the last time since she ran away from Ash and all.

A love triangle like that would be interesting, though. Then again, Sceptile may not want to pursue a female Meganium again, given what happened with the last one...

On the other corner, i cant see his Cyndaquil evolved.

Cyndaquil should have evolved a long time ago. It started out as a wussy who was somewhat inadequate at controlling its own flame. The perfect story for that would come full circle with an evolution. The writers will still have a chance to redeem that - Cyndaquil is the most likely of his Oaked Pokemon to evolve.

Then his Staraptor will be Oaked again. After some few episodes, OMG. Pidgeot comes back.. And now the flock he protects has a lot of evolved Pidgeots and he is not needed anymore, thus returning to Ash's care.

This is obviously a joke. Nobody but the hardcore vets remember Pidgeot. We've already established that here - it would be completely random to the average young viewer and thus, they won't be doing it.

His Buizel will be Oaked to be replaced by Totodile. And like Cyndaquil, i dont think it will evolve.(come on, if it will, we cant see Totodile dancing again, imagine a Croconaw/Feraligatr dancing like Totodile does, i think it'll be awkward.)

Though Cyndaquil should evolve, Totodile most likely won't. Totodile has an awesome personality and he won't want to evolve to ruin that. Even though Croconaw/Feraligatr has totally been neglected by the writers when compared to the other Johto starters...

Ash isn't going to release Garchomp unless he goes on a stupid streak again... which might happen. However, I don't see Gible evolving twice any time soon. I can see Gabite, but Garchomp is quite a ways off.

Corphish wasn't replaced for <insert FRLG Pokemon here>, nor will Buizel be replaced by Totodile for HGSS. I see Buizel staying on the team, it still has evolution to go through.

Other than that, I believe Gible and Torterra are safe to stay as well, Torterra due to its unique battle style (a.k.a tank) which I think the writers want to show off even more, and Gible for evolution reasons.

Guys, there will likely be no filler arc.

Everything is being dumped for the 5th gen. This thread was posted before the Gen V stuff was confirmed.

Corphish wasn't replaced for <insert FRLG Pokemon here>, nor will Buizel be replaced by Totodile for HGSS. I see Buizel staying on the team, it still has evolution to go through.
Corphish didnt evolve in Kanto's BF series.. Buizel may not too.

As for the reaction given above (below my own storyline) THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Haha, at least now i know someone's reading my posts.. Thanks for reacting..

Ash isn't going to release Garchomp unless he goes on a stupid streak again... which might happen. However, I don't see Gible evolving twice any time soon. I can see Gabite, but Garchomp is quite a ways off.

Stranger things have happened. Look at Monferno, he stayed only a Monferno only a few episodes before going Infernape.

And hell, remember Krabby? He won his first battle, then evolved and finished off the other two. Actually, Kingler is kind of a Beast himself.

Guys, there will likely be no filler arc.

Everything is being dumped for the 5th gen. This thread was posted before the Gen V stuff was confirmed.

Scott's right for once, the question of which pokemon Ash will leave behind falls flat if there's no filler saga... since DP will apparently end between september and december, and we still have the eight gym, the Grand Festival and the league to go through...

The potential storyline that i can think of is Ash would leave his Infernape to a training ground like his Charizard in Charific Valley.. And Gliscor, like Charizard again, will be called back or can be requested to come back upon call..

Next, Torterra after it evolve will be Oaked to be replaced by his Bayleef. Bayleef will evolve in Ash's hands and will become the most beautiful Meganium, it will be Oaked again. And Sceptile and Torterra will fall in love to his Meganium..Then, a potential love triangle between Ash's Sceptile and Torterra will happen. Bulbasaur, on the other hand, is so frustrated because his trainer has all the fully evolved grass starters leaving him behind and to the fact that May's Bulbasaur har reached its Venusaur state, plead Ash to train him more. So that he'll evolve into Venusaur.

On the other corner, i cant see his Cyndaquil evolved..

Pikachu will stay throughout the filler..

even you dont believe any if that........

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom