• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which of Ash's Sinnoh pokemon do you see leaving the main cast after the League ?

Hellion

Child of the Atom
Reaction score
Given that the League isn't that far away and that there's no news on Gen V, it's pretty safe to assume we're heading for another filler saga afterwards... Now, last time in the Kanto Battle Frontier, Ash took with him Pikachu, Swellow, Grovyle, Corphish and Panphy, leaving Torkoal and Glalie at Oak. So, in the next filler saga, which of Ash's current pokemon do you think will be taken off his roster and why ?

Pikachu stays of course, Staraptor and Gible too. Now, while I love the character, I think Infernape will get the boot... All of the major events that happenned to him have been linked to Paul and since he's fully evolved and that a potential Paul vs Ash match at the league with Ash would litteraly close every single one of Infernape's plotlines... The more I think about it, the more the crazy theory that Infernape will return to Paul seems more and more plausible... But oaked or pauled, I don't see Infernape staying on Ash's roster after the League...

Now between Buizel and Torterra... If we go with past experience, than it looks like Torterra would leave as last time around, Ash kept the regionnal bird around and all of his pokemon that weren't fully evolved, leaving his fully evolved pokemon at Oak. But somehow, I see a lot of patterns being broken this time around...

Buizel has defeated its own evolved form, knows an attack that isn't of normal-type or its own type... He has pikachu syndrome written all over him and I just don't see him evolving... So, after the league, there's no a whole lot of things to do with the character plotwise. Torterra, also, struggled with evolution, had to adapt, will likely reach its final form by the League and will likely become a powerhouse... but plotwise again, pretty much nothing left to do with him... I think that Infernape, Torterra and Buizel will actually leave the main cast after the League, though if one of them had to stay, I think it would be Torterra.

Sorry Gibs, but I feel like you deserve a:

2j2gwh4.jpg

^ :) You know what, I really do deserve that... I really hesitated before starting this thread, but it feels that throughout Sinnoh, the writers have really made an effort to build a really strong storyline to each of the characters and now that we're reaching the end of Sinnoh... it seemed interesting to see which one of those storylines could work otside of Sinnoh... But you're right V faction... I'm jumping th gun a bit... still, I don't see the harm in speculating

I'm unsure my self, I see him doing what he did when he went to the Kanto battle frontire and mixing up again.

If Paul is still around then I think Infernape will still be with him.

It depends on what the filler saga is. If he takes on the Elite 4 as many people expect then he'll use every Pokemon he has so everyone except Pikachu will be Oaked even for a little while. If there's another BF I see him taking Pika, Staraptor and Gible (along with the Johto starters) and Oaking Torterra, Infernape and Buizel.

Well if there is a filler saga, then i am 100 percent sure he'll take Pikachu (obviously) and i do think he'll take Gibe and Staraptor too. Somehow i see him oaking Buizel and Torterra, and keeping Infernape but thats just my opinion.

I think he'll mix it up if there's a filler arc. I doubt all of his Pokémon will be swapped out at the same time, but move around a bit.

Obviously, if there's no filler arc, or after the filler arc, he'll only keep Pikachu.

To tell you truth, seeing how long Sinnoh saga is, I think writers will change Ash's team totally. Torterra and Buizel are given to go. Not only there is nothing to go with their characters, but for promoting reasons, Bayleef and Totodile are sure in Ash's next team. For the same reason I think Staraptor will be replaced with Noctowl too. As for Infernape, it depends on if Paul will stay for next filler saga. If he will, then yes, Infernape will stay too, if not, Infernape will go. The only one who will stay is Gble, but even that is not sure. Remember Glalie? Yes, Glalie went after fully evolved, but if writers have no intentions to evolve Gible at least to Gabite (no way writers will ever give Ash Garchomp IMO), then yes, even Gible may go.

Eh this is hard seeing as we don't know if Gen V is coming right after the movie/league or a filler.

If it is a filler I can see Buizel and Tortera staying behind.

People tend to forget that one of the reasons Ash kept Grovyle and Corphish with him during the battle frontier arc, was because unlike Torkoal who couldn't evolve, and Glalie who was done, they still had room to grow and more development to gain...although why Corphish was constantly overshadowed by May's baby squirtle and didn't get said development is beyond me, and Swellow stayed obviously because he needed a flyer, and since hoenn wasn't as long as Jouto or Sinnoh it stayed on for premotional reasons.

Given the Fact that Infernape and Torterra are on the way, I can't help but think that this might mean their on thier way out when the "league" is over, especially depending on how much longer they draw out the region because if they don't hurry to the league and we keep seeing the two often chances are Ash will bench em, Staraptor is probably going to be benched as well, it's come along way from the brain damaged Starly Ash caught back at the start of sinnoh and I believe that if thier is a filler arc, Ash will swap it out for Noctowl for HG/SS premotion.

Like Scott said Gible is the only sure fire pokemon that will probably remain after the league, Torterra, Infernape and Staraptor will probably be swapped for Ash's jouto pokemon(keep in mind sinnoh's been a VERY long region so i wouldn't be suprised if they want to move on to HG/SS premotion.), maybe to make up for thier neglected development from way back when, but Buizel i'm not to sure about, then again it's probably not going to evolve at this point so wether or not it gets oaked is a moot point.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom