• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which of Goh’s Starters got done the dirtiest writing wise?

Which of Goh's Galar Starters did the Writer's do the dirtiest?

• Cinderace

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Inteleon

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Grookey

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • ALL OF THEM

Votes: 21 47.7%

• Total voters
And I doubt that it'd get an even worse treatment under Satoshi than the mess they ended up doing by giving it to Gou.
Short of just not appearing at all, I’m not sure how much worse things could get than what the writers did with the starters here. Even having a rival having one would have done more for the starters than Go has.

Short of just not appearing at all, I’m not sure how much worse things could get than what the writers did with the starters here.
Having them job constantly in favor of Lucario and Pikachu getting wins like they did with Gengar and Sirfetch'd

Even having a rival having one would have done more for the starters than Go has.
So they could job to Ash instead.

I'm still mad about what they did to Decidueye last Generation :cautious:

Say what you will about them but so far Cinderace and Inteleon haven't been treated nearly as bad as Decidueye.

Owl Archer takes the cake for the worst treated Fully Evolved Starter by a landslide

Having them job constantly in favor of Lucario and Pikachu getting wins like they did with Gengar and Sirfetch'd

So they could job to Ash instead.

I'm still mad about what they did to Decidueye last Generation :cautious:

Say what you will about them but so far Cinderace and Inteleon haven't been treated nearly as bad as Decidueye.

Owl Archer takes the cake for the worst treated Fully Evolved Starter by a landslide
Of course lol! Decidueye has been treated like the weakest Starter ever. Inteleon and Cinderance have been treated bad in the sense that they dont do much.

Cinderace:
I think that Cinderace was handled semi-well with it's development intitally. Then it evolved and went on a disobedience streak. This wasn't a very bad idea, but my main issue is that it wrapped up very quickly, much like Ash's storyline with Riolu. In any case, Cinderace has also not gotten a lot of (if any at all) character development upon evolving. It's been mishandled, but at least it wasn't horribly done, unlike....
Inteleon:
So at first, Sobble was somewhat annoying due to the crying gimmick which I actually hated when ti first came out. Then things got better with JN054 and I began to like Sobble. Then it evolved and it's development went to tha sheeteers. I don't necessarily have a problem with Drizzle's attitude, as someone who had to go through a bout of depression myself, but what I hate is that the writers used it to throw away Drizzile. We just needed more episode with him, like a JN022 for Drizzle, except that it barely has any development until JN078 where it just suddenly evolves. That's lazy writing and personally, I wish the training parts of JN078 were incorporated into another episode.
Grookey:
Grookey, or as I like to call him ,the little shit. I think that not only was Grookey's capture bad in the first place, but it's severe lack of development, consequences, and annoying behavior make it the least likeable of all of Goh's starters. I think that having an arc which allows it to actually do something other than an annoyance would go a long way and perhaps invert my view (remember, I did use to dislike Sobble until it got character development).

Last edited:
Grookey:
Grookey, or as I like to call him ,the little shit. I think that not only was Grookey's capture bad in the first place, but it's severe lack of development, consequences, and annoying behavior make it the least likeable of all of Goh's starters. I think that having an arc which allows it to actually do something other than an annoyance would go a long way and perhaps invert my view (remember, I did use to dislike Sobble until it got character development).
Grookey has been a mess from the beginning
, its capture, I still question the morals and it hasnt DONE ANYTHING, not even used Scratch.

In all of the series I've ever watched before, JN is the worst because of those gag-mon that you guys mentioned up there.
About Cinderace: I think the writer must give Cinderace more screentime. Its debut story and its bond with Goh is really interesting, but since JN045, it just... sad. Cinderace now is just like a supporting Pokemon and didn't do much stuff.

About Sobble (I heard people said that it elvolved into Inteleon, but I didn't reach that ep., so I'll just share my thoughts abt Sobble): I hate how Goh caught it. He just effortlessly threw a Pokeball at the waterfountain and caught it. And Sobble didn't do much stuff, too, other than idolized someone else Inteleon and training for evolution. After it evolved into a Drizzle, it just sticks with that cave and have no function as Goh's main mons. Seems like his Galar starters are just like his Pokemon at the Lab.

And lastly, about Grooky: I have almost no context. It's a useless troublemaker and it did NOTHING else than holding its branch and HITTING STUFF. I was so mad.

Other opinions: I also hate it when the writer just give Goh a whole bunch of Pokemon, including those 3 Galar starters. It is also so unfair that he has more than 90% catch rate (at least he failed some) Also if the writer give a Galar starter to Ash, the series would be much more interesting and the Galar starter will get more attention (cuz Ash will train them and stuff like that), other than those gag-starters that Goh has.

I wrote too much today, heh :confused:

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom