• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Which one should I get?

ThePuzzlerThree

ALL HAIL OUR QUAGGY BOI
Reaction score
Alright. I don't have a job, becuase....what can you get at 15....but I'd like to pick up the SW and SH dlc. Now, I could have enough money to get both, but SM3DW deluxe is top priority, so I only have enough money for one pack. So the question is, which one has more content. Which one is longer or has more things to do? I'll pick the other one up eventually, but it would be nice to know. I am not interested in which pokemon are better, simply which DLC has more content. Thanks :)

Technically they both offer pretty much the same amount of content, but in terms of exclusive stuff, I say Sword's DLC is better. Klara is more interesting and fun than Avery (plus, she uses Toxic Spikes as her "cheat" tactic, which is more useful long-term than Avery's Psychic Terrain, which has a time limit), there are some better exclusives in Sword like Omastar, Latios, and Solgaleo (the latter translates into Dusk Mane Necrozma, which is superior to Dawn Wings Necrozma), and, from my experience, you get some better Max Raid Adventures in Sword, but that might be just luck on my end. Truth be told, I feel Sword as a whole is better, especially since you get Zacian, who is superior to Zamazenta, so, IMO, go with Sword's DLC.

Thanks for the advice, but I phrased it wrong.....I meant what should I get, Isle of armor or Crown Tundra. I only have shield. This is my fualt, I phrased it wrong! Sorry!

Thanks for the advice, but I phrased it wrong.....I meant what should I get, Isle of armor or Crown Tundra. I only have shield. This is my fualt, I phrased it wrong! Sorry!

The DLC pack includes both the Isle of Armor as well as the Crown Tundra - those aren't separate packs. The only thing you have to pay attention to is that you buy the correct "version" of the Expansion Pass, as there is a "Pokémon Sword Expansion Pass" and a "Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass." If you have Shield, you would need to buy the Shield Expansion Pass. But you'll get the Isle of Armor and the Crown Tundra when you do.

Oh. Well, just getting the DLC gives you both Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra in one package. So, in reality, you get both for the $30 price (though, in my opinion, GF could've sold the DLC for half that). However, from my own experience, Isle of Armor can be accessed at any time while Crown Tundra is more designed for post-game. And, no, you can't get one or the other. Hope that helps.

You can't get them seperately?
That's kind of stupid......

Well, when you say you have "enough money for one pack," how much money do you mean?

If you thought that they could be purchased separately for $15 USD each, then I can understand your disappointment, but if you were operating under the assumption that "one pack" (Isle or Tundra) cost $30 USD, then this should be good news, as it means you'd be getting twice the amount of content you expected for the amount of money that you already have set aside for the DLC.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom