• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which one was cooler?

Which is the "cooler" version?

• Pokémon Red Version

Votes: 74 56.5%
  • Pokémon Blue Version

Votes: 57 43.5%

• Total voters
Me and my boyfriend constantly argue about this, so I turn to you, the Bulbagardenians...

Which was cooler? Pokémon Red or Pokémon Blue? Which one did all the "cool" kids have? Which one has better exclusives? Inquiring minds need to know...

I had Red, which overall has better exclusives but... Blue was the "cool" version! EVERYONE has Blue, nobody has Red! XP

Plus, Arcanine is the better exclusive.

I hope you mean by stats, because that's the only way I can think of that means you're not just being opinionated.
if so, continue about your business. I just happen to very much prefer Ninetales. because bah, Arcanine isn't nearly as pretty :|

I voted Blue mainly because of the color but I'm not sure I should have seeing as I was like 5 at the time I played it. I can't even remember Kanto much at all... probably not the best person to decide, then.

I had blue and my brother had Red... My husband had Red when he was young. I guess Red was the version that all the cool kids preferred to have...

I had both, but Blue was the shtick. Kids could finally play with Porygon and get a actually GOOD non-starter grass type, Bellsprout. Also, Blastoise>Charizard Water beats Fire 8p

Lol. I'd vote for Red, but Red version is the one game neither myself nor my sister has ever owned. I had Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, FireRed, Diamond, and Platinum. My sister had Blue, Saphire, LeafGreen, and Pearl. And we both had Emerald. But no Red version. XD

I vote blue but I really cant say why, I just always played it, I had both red and blue but my red went largely untouched. oh and btw a well raised ninetails can beat arcanine any day :)

Red being the first one said would automatically make it the most popular one (it's just the way it goes). Which means technically, for trades, you'd be better off with Blue for version-exclusives, since more people will be wanting the ones you have.

Personally;

Arbok = Sandslash
Victreebel > Vileploom
Arcanine = Ninetails
Persian > Primeape
Magmar > Scyther > Electabuzz > Pinsir

So I guess I prefer Blue, personally. Although I did skip Red/Blue and go straight for Yellow.

How Pokemon Red Is Blatantly Better Than Pokemon Blue:

POKEMON BLUE AINT GOT NOTHIN

1. Pokémon Red has better Pokémon in it:

2. Charizard is blatantly better than Blastoise:

3. Red is a better color than Blue:

4. Red got a remake, Blue did not:

5. Pokémon Red is on the Wikipedia page:

6. Pokémon Red has a better framerate:

7. My brother had Pokémon Blue:

8. Red has Vaporeon in it:

9. Pokémon Red has a better score on Metacritic:

10. Anyway shut up because it's better alright?:

Last edited:
That's hilarious. XD Especially 'Pokemon Red has a better framerate' and 'My brother had Pokemon Blue'.

But the best part has to be:

Vaporeon is also blue, which I've always felt is an incredibly beautiful color.

Blue becaise
1. The Color Blue Rocks
2. It comes in a blue cartridge
3. It has Blastoise on the cover
4. It still has all those awesome glitches.

EDIT: Then again, green is a zillion times better than both.

I guess I would say Red... as someone already pointed out... I loved being able to catch Growlithe.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom