• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Pokemon Did You Start With in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games?

Which Pokemon did you start with?

• Total voters

PlatinumDude

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Exactly what the title says.

Which Pokemon did you get when you took the personality test? And who did you pick as your partner? Just say what you got in each game you played.

Anyway, here are mine:

Blue Rescue Team (4 playthroughs):
Starter: Mudkip
Partners: Charmander, Cyndaquil, Torchic, Pikachu (one during each playthrough)

Explorers of Time:
Starter: Torchic
Partner: Piplup

Explorers of Sky:
Starter: Riolu
Partner: Mudkip

In as well Blue as Darkness I was Treecko myself, with Mudkip as a partner.

when i took the quiz honestly, i think i got mudkip or torchic in blue rescue team. i don't even remember what i got in time, haha.

i always answered so i would get skitty, though. in blue, my partner was cyndaquil, and in time, turtwig.

Red: Charmander w/Totodile
Blue: Mudkip w/Charmander
Darkness: Mudkip w/Chimchar
Sky: Riolu w/Mudkip

I'm with Valentine. I love Skitty, so cute and not to mention Sing and Doubleslap make it almost haxxorz against bosses, haha. though I guess the dungeons are hard...
and I usually go with Cyndaquil too, it makes a squinty eyed team and it's super cute.

but that extra stuff you have to do before you can evolve in Time/Darkness bothers me, the only real reason I was pressing on with it was to evolve. Delcatty was amazing in Red/Blue and I got her to 99 and used to go through the 99 floor dungeons with just her for fun... but leveling in Mystery Dungeon games takes far too long, so I just put my copy of Time away after I started having trouble. :/ I didn't like the story as much either.

I only have Blue, and at the moment I'm Charmander w/ Squirtle.

Red Rescue Team: Charmander with Bulbasaur
Explorers of Sky: I haven't opened it yet *opens, plays*
I got charmander and I chose bulbasaur again for nostalgia

I've played just Blue Rescue Team. I didn't like that one too much, but anyway, I was Squirtle nearly everytime I answered the quiz. Yay, Squirtle is the best. And Bulbasaur was my partner.

I have sky, and I got Mudkip at first but didn't like that so I took the quiz again and got Charmander XD
My partner is Totodile:3

Just started playing Explorers of Sky a couple days ago and it's my first Pokemon game. xD I got Pikachu and chose Squirtle as my partner. c:

Let's see from what I've remember I think this is what I got when I first played the games

Blue Rescue Team: Bulbasaur, Partner was Cyndaquil.

Explorers of Time: Chimchar, Partner was Mudkip.

Explorers of Darkness: Munchlax, Partner was Pikachu.

Explorers of Sky: Shinx, Partner was Riolu.

I think it was red. The only one I played.

I deliberately tried to get cubone.

I can't remember which GBA version I played, but I remember getting mudkip. I was like "Sweet!":ksmile:
I also was with cyndaquil, because cyndaquil was totally boss.

In Blue, I was Machop with Torchic, and later Torchic with Totodile when I restarted. In Darkness, Meowth, later Torchic with Totodile again. In Sky, I was a Shinx with a Phanpy.

I deliberately tried to get cubone.
Cubone was good except I hated battling Grass Types and had to switch with Chikorita, partner when battling water types.
In Red, started over quite a few times and I was a Torchic (kind of got annoyed when happened twice and the game told me that I have a feisty nature...) and currently a Mudkip (actually a Swampert and I forgot the partner; it's been a while.)
In Time, Torchic [Flamie](again) and a Piplup [Piplie] (such a good partner).
In Red and Time, the team name is Cookies.
In Darkness, Pikachu [Pikachi or something like that](strange? that's why I totally hate pressing my finger against the touch screen and it leaves fingerprints...) and Turtwig [Leafurie] (together Team Happy or a name like that, but was better because fainted less than Time).

Pokemon Red Mystery Dungeon (2 playthroughs):
1st Starter: Totodile
1st Partner: Cyndaquil
2nd Starter: Eevee
2nd Partner: Torchic

Pokemon Explorers of Sky:
Starter: Turtwig
Partner: Vulpix

Blue:
Mainly Mudkip with Pikachu as a partner, but now its Totodile with Torchic as a partner.

Time:
Piplup with Turtwig as a partner. Haven't even restarted it...EVER.

Darkness:
Usually Turtwig with Chimchar as a partner, but I've also had Mudkip with a Pikachu, and now I'm a Totodile with Chikorita as a partner.

Sky:
Riolu with Shinx as a partner. Tempted to restart, but haven't really put much thought into it.

Darkness:
Charmander with Mudkip as a partner.

Sky:
Riolu with Vulpix as a partner.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom