• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which pokemon game did you have the most fun with?

King of KOTBC

I'm a squirrel
Reaction score
Which pokemon did u simply have the most fun with? why it gave you so much enjoyment? i loved emerald version i had more fun with it than any pokemon game ive ever played i had it for 2 years before i got my second pokemon game

Re: Which pokemon game did u have the most fun with?

Definitely Crystal Version. I remember the commercials for it, and I was dying to have it. That's when my parents bought it for me for my 8th birthday, along with the strategy guide. I couldn't stop playing it for the longest time.

I just adored Emerald. It was the very first Pokémon game I got back in 2005 when I was seven years old, and I have spent such a countlessly long time trying to chase that feeling of ignorant bliss — when I didn't know freaking everything about the game (believe me, I've delved into the coding -_-). The only other game that ever came close to Emerald was Gold version post-E4 that brought my first championship and my current SoulSilver, which is coming somewhere near it in happiness for me.

Platinum! Though Black is also my favorite game in the series. I just had a lot of fun with the former while I loved the latter more for its storyline and new features. Platinum had tons of fun stuff that I never stopped enjoying. Pokemon contests (screw the Pokeathlon. My hand doesn't start hurting after every contest I enter), the Underground, the Poketch (I didn't care that some apps on it were useless. I had fun simply tinkering around with them), the Distortion World, and the Battle Frontier looks fun too. :3

Hmmm.

Probably Pokemon Silver because it was my first game and I was 10 years old, so I was amused easily.

Recently, I've found myself enjoying Platinum because, IMO, it's had the most well developed story in the series thus far (BW were good, but they had some Narm and pacing problems. I didn't find any of those in Pt) and my most recent run of SoulSilver because I allowed myself to relive my childhood with it.

I lulz'd around in Diamond forever, and I think I put the most time in SS.

I think that would be Crystal,then Black,followed by Diamond. I had lots of fun in all of these games.

Soul Silver was pretty fun cause of the nostalgia of playing through Johto with updated graphics and using older Pokemon like Chikorita that I havent used in a long time, also Colosseum was really fun although its a spin off, it was a challenging game but I liked that about it.

Crystal, definitely. I remember when Gold and Silver came out, I was all like, "those new pokemon aren't REAL pokemon! I'm never playing those games! Blue forever!" But then Crystal came out, and I heard you could play as a GIRL in it, and then I wanted it like crazy, lol. I played that thing for months and months! Even now, when it's missing a lot of the more recent innovations that came with later generations, I still have a blast playing through it. HGSS is a lot of fun, too! I quite like BW, too, even though I think they took a couple of steps backward from HGSS. I really like all of the new pokemon!

Crystal. That was the most fun I've had.

I would say Sapphire. I just remember playing that one endlessly the summer of 2003 on my front porch. I still have never restarted that game and would say I care most about the pokemon on that cartridge than any other pokemon game I own.

I may have been playing since the days of R/B, but I think I've had the most fun with Black and White. This is probably because I first got into competitive battling with Generation 5. And with competitive battling, it just seems like the fun never ends. :3 Constantly being able to create and test new teams as I discover new strategies, anxiously awaiting the opportunity to use Keldeo in a competitive team.... :D

Definitely Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. I didn't do any great feats there. Never even leveled a Pokemon to 100, but I enjoyed building Secret Bases. For Emerald, I always remember the different types of Battle Tower which seemed impossible to me. It was back then, when I didn't fully know how to play and picked Pokemon simply because they looked cool.

Black/White comes in second. Though I didn't have as much fun as I did in Gen III, this was really the time I got into the game. I only knew about EVs, entry hazards, type synergy, and even STAB at this point so it was pretty much the time I really became a Pokemon player.

I think HeartGold with the Pokéathalon and (even though lots of people hated it) the Voltorb Flip; there were lots of things to do post-E4, including Kanto and the Battle Frontier, and I was kept well occupied and amused for many weeks.

After that, I think White; though there's not as much to do post-game, I have found that building up in-game teams to take on the Battle Subway is a remarkably fun thing. I may not care about flawless IVs and perfect movesets, but I'm learning breeding and EV training Pokémon I've wanted to train, which is pretty fun when I don't have to worry about being competitive with real people. xD

Generation I... because the game itself was fun... and it was new so it automatically is more fun than a game that you already somewhat know a lot about due to past experiences with similar games. And there were all the fake codes about Pokégods and all that, which you have to admit, added entertainment value (nearly everyone, including myself, actually tried at least some of them). And there were all the real codes / glitches... I'm still having fun with it because of the glitches (where I'm pretty much done with Generation III and IV for good after having beaten them). And in Generation I (and to an extent, Generation II) the Pokédex was fun to complete / at least reasonable, unlike the later generations where there were so many Pokémon that it was overwelming.

it has to be gold, i think it was like the first pokemon game i really got into, i played blue a little bit but i played gold like non stop

SS for the Pokeathlon. Numbers can't simply describe how much time I've put into it.

My favorite game is Black, but the one I enjoyed the most was Platinum, by far.

Platinum! Though Black is also my favorite game in the series. I just had a lot of fun with the former while I loved the latter more for its storyline and new features. Platinum had tons of fun stuff that I never stopped enjoying. Pokemon contests (screw the Pokeathlon. My hand doesn't start hurting after every contest I enter), the Underground, the Poketch (I didn't care that some apps on it were useless. I had fun simply tinkering around with them), the Distortion World, and the Battle Frontier looks fun too. :3
+1

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom